Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To All F2pers joining us on Wednesday ...

Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

START DOWNLOADING THE CLIENT NOW! 

I'll wait right here while you do that .... ....

All done?  Good.  Now all you have to do is patch like everyone else on Wednesday or Friday (depending if you get in early on Wednesday) and you're good to go.  You didn't want to want until Wednesday or Friday to start downloading a 10gig client did ya?  I didn't think so.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Comments

• MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141

If you purchase and download all present content it will total 12.9 gigs

• gostlygostly Member UncommonPosts: 134

I downloaded and installed the hi-res client, so now waiting for the patch on Wednesday. I haven't played since it was first released back in 2007. Does LOTRO have directx 11 support now?

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by gostly

I downloaded and installed the hi-res client, so now waiting for the patch on Wednesday. I haven't played since it was first released back in 2007. Does LOTRO have directx 11 support now?

It will with the new client referred to in the OP.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

....and please please PLEASE...if you happened to go out and buy a Moria box (or have an unused one) for the love of GAWD, do not install that and then patch :D!  The game DL will be magnitudes faster than the patching you will have to do.  Same thing for people who haven't played in at least a year, but still have the original client on their computer.  You really don't want to be patching THAT much!!!

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by Eliandal

....and please please PLEASE...if you happened to go out and buy a Moria box (or have an unused one) for the love of GAWD, do not install that and then patch :D!  The game DL will be magnitudes faster than the patching you will have to do.  Same thing for people who haven't played in at least a year, but still have the original client on their computer.  You really don't want to be patching THAT much!!!

QFT. I did a fresh install with my moria box and it took ages to patch, around 20 hours if i remember right ...

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

This will probably seem pretty dumb but can someone point me to the right client to download? I'm really confused which version to download from where. Language should be english and i'm in EU.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

For N American client to download the game client go here for the standard version and here for the high res version. For Eu there was only one client

http://community.lotro-europe.com/full_client.php

but not sure if this is correct version for the F2P but it should patch up to date

I miss DAoC

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I was in the F2P beta so I should be all ready to download the patch on Wednesday... Looking forward to it. I found that I have a great fondness for playing Hobbits, which is strange because it doesn't really seem like it'd be my thing. 8)

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• cpthowdycpthowdy Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by Darkholme

I was in the F2P beta so I should be all ready to download the patch on Wednesday... Looking forward to it. I found that I have a great fondness for playing Hobbits, which is strange because it doesn't really seem like it'd be my thing. 8)

if you weren't a live player but only played during beta then you will need to download the client.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=353560

not saying you were or weren't darkholme, just putting out some info for the people who think they can just use their beta client and patch it. enjoy the game people!

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Darkholme

It is the cute little run and tubby bellies...you cant help but love them.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I personally don't plan on playing for roughly a month. I want to give the frothing hordes of kiddies time to tire of the game before I return to survey the damage. ^.^;;

<3