Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ : FFXIV Beta Downloader/Patcher/Client Errors and Issues Thread

Comments

• niessisniessis Member UncommonPosts: 4

Yea i have the same problem.. It stops at 94,8%.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200

94.8% same problem here I tried to download it with bittorent and i did put it in the patch map. But still stuck at 94.8% I havn't been able to play FF14 Beta for over 24 hours now..

• mortalitymortality Member UncommonPosts: 77

Im surprised that there isnt a notice up, they must realise that there is something wrong, we cant be the only ones.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

Hell I've been trying on/off since open beta sign ups started and I just not got accepted finally... Now I can't find where to even download the installer.... It wasn't in the email or on the site...

• niessisniessis Member UncommonPosts: 4

Well i've tryed something and it is working at least for me...

This is the link i've been dl the patches thrue torrent. There is a problem with the latest patch dated 4.9.2010. So dl only the pink patch 4.8 mb. Copy it to the folder as writen in op post. There is also the manual were to instal it. It is in My Documents under My games... you follow the rest. 

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-download-links-install-instructions/

So just copy in run the luncher again.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by niessis

This is the link i've been dl the patches thrue torrent. There is a problem with the latest patch dated 4.9.2010. So dl only the pink patch 4.8 mb. Copy it to the folder as writen in op post. There is also the manual were to instal it. It is in My Documents under My games... you follow the rest. 

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-download-links-install-instructions/

I am colorblind too, but the 4.9.2010 on that page clearly says purple, not pink.

Thing is that after you do that, you get the 5/9 patch which stucks at 94,6%. Looks like they don't keep a master seed up forever?

I found a link on some forum for the 5/9 patch, here: http://www.9lives.be/forum/rpg-mmorpg/692741-final-fantasy-xiv-75.html#post13828530

This one you have to put on the bca2a8ae directory, not the d96437e6

edit: Now my problem is that it doesn't accept my square-enix account for some reason, and sends me to the account page, which although is on maintainance... Anybody knows something about this? Is it a long time since this page is on maintanance?

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Hmm, I have Windows 7 on an AMD 64 4-core CPU with 4gb of memory.  Got a key, downloaded the first little loader, and when I execute it, it immediately dies. It is supposed to run on this machine?

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Originally posted by testmyluck

Originally posted by Mysil

I just got my Beta key and downloaded the clinet last night. Ive been running the clinet since last night,around 12 hours now and im only at 7.0% 1/8!!!! Is there anywhere else I can download this patches???? This is freaking stupid.

User>My Documents>My Games> Final Fantasy XIV Beta Version > downloads >ffxiv-beta

Find that folder, rummage through the folders for torrent files. one will be for a several gig file, grab that first and the rest in sequence and so on. The beta will be over by the time you finish downloading the client with their horrible updater. It can take upwards of 15min to download a 4mb patch through that POS.

A-Thank you. 

I just did a search of the UserMy DocumentsMy GamesFinal Fantasy XIV Beta Version folder for

"torrent" and dragged them all into the uTorrent window.

Originally posted by olepi

Hmm, I have Windows 7 on an AMD 64 4-core CPU with 4gb of memory.  Got a key, downloaded the first little loader, and when I execute it, it immediately dies. It is supposed to run on this machine?

It turns out that my graphics card was too old, I guess. I had an ATI X1800, which runs all the other games very well.

I upgraded to an ATI 5770 and now it does not crash immediately. I guess I'm on to the pain of downloading :)

------------

• XerathuleXerathule Member UncommonPosts: 114

Yea i have the same problem.. It stops at 94,8%.

I'm stuck at 98.3% in the US.

Originally posted by olepi

are you checking your firewall settings?

Originally posted by scuubeedoo

I am colorblind too, but the 4.9.2010 on that page clearly says purple, not pink.

Thing is that after you do that, you get the 5/9 patch which stucks at 94,6%. Looks like they don't keep a master seed up forever?

I found a link on some forum for the 5/9 patch, here: http://www.9lives.be/forum/rpg-mmorpg/692741-final-fantasy-xiv-75.html#post13828530

This one you have to put on the bca2a8ae directory, not the d96437e6

edit: Now my problem is that it doesn't accept my square-enix account for some reason, and sends me to the account page, which although is on maintainance... Anybody knows something about this? Is it a long time since this page is on maintanance?

This sounds related to my problem of signing up for the first time today and not being able to sign into the tester site.  I am trying to download too, but can't finish it.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

I literally cant understand what anyone is saying here. I went into my meta data folder and dled everything via utorrent, then I have the same stupid files I already have and the patcher still gets stuck on 93.8%.

This has been a goddamned headache for me all morning and there's literally no way for me to fix it. This thread makes no goddamned sense and nothing anyone says has helped. How can this game not just work when you dl it? How is it that SE has released a patched that doesn't work, and they don't just fix it so it does?

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

Tester site is also not letting me log in. Says my username/password is wrong but it totally isnt. This whole process is a nightmare.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

I'm pretty sure the issue with the patcher is that they're relying on torrenting via the patcher to distribute the files but the patcher shuts down when you're done downloading.  Consequently, the last 5% (give or take) is never there because by and large the people who got that part of the file are already done patching and consequently no longer seeding it.  The problem could be rectified easily enough if the torrenting continued up to the login screen. 

In the meanwhile, just leave it running, and eventually you'll luck out and get the rest of the file straight from the Square-Enix seed.  Alternately, if you think you can trust third party sources, instructions on doing that here.

• alpheusalpheus Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by DLangley

Any thread posted outside this one concerning this topic will be locked and the user warned.

Isn't that a little ... excessive?

What surprises me the most is that you guys keep surprising me with the over-moderation.

----A little more on-topic----

If you load up the torrent file in a torrent program and then copy and paste the patch file over the one the patcher uses, it'll fix the problem of your patcher hanging at a certain 90% number.  It's pretty annoying but it works, I've had to do it at least for the last 4 patches.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The UNOFFICIAL method of getting the game installed and patched can be found here:

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Well, that's it for me. So far, I have had two problems:

1) downloaded the initial loader, and it crashes immediately with no message. This is bad. As a professional software developer, this is always considered a fatal bug. No program should stop with no message. If the program can't determine that the machine configuration won't work, then it shows a lack of programming skill. Not looking good for the beta.

2) so I installed a new graphics card, even though the one I was using (ATI 1800) can run LoTRO on full 1920x1200, and other games as well at full resolution. Now it is downloading and always stops at 98.3%. Turned off the firewall, no help. Stopped all anti-virus, gadjets. baclground tasks. No help.

So that is it for me. It reminds me of the time I tried to buy a used car, but it blew the timing chain on the lot, before I could even get it on the street to test drive! So it is with FF14. I'll check back in a few months. Good luck to all.

------------

I'm at 98.3% too.

I followed that link, and tried what it said but all the torrent links are not working. They dl and then when I try to open they say invalid torrent files!

Can anyone give me a super user friendly pc noob method?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Burnthebed

I'm at 98.3% too. I followed that link, and tried what it said but all the torrent links are not working. They dl and then when I try to open they say invalid torrent files! Can anyone give me a super user friendly pc noob method?

That web page also has links to the actual patches the torrents would download.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Burnthebed

I'm at 98.3% too. I followed that link, and tried what it said but all the torrent links are not working. They dl and then when I try to open they say invalid torrent files! Can anyone give me a super user friendly pc noob method?

That web page also has links to the actual patches the torrents would download.

Ok that the last time i explain how to patch with torrent, if you cant understand how it work i cant do nothing more for you.

Today you have to downlaod 2 patch (they have the same name) D2010.09.05.2000.

1. So first you start the client and you check the name of the patch in this case this is D2010.09.05.2000.

2. Now stop the client

3. you go to DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-beta

4. Now you will see 2 folder bca2a8ae and d96437e6, so go in the first one and go into the folder named metainfo

5. Now you should see a torrent file name D2010.09.05.2000, downlaod it with your torrent client.

6. When its done put this file into this folder DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betaca2a8aepatch

7. start the client and let him patch

8. Now the client will try to downlaod another patch with the same name so stop it again.

9. Go to C:UsersSilokDocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betad96437e6metainfo

10. Downlaod the torrent file named D2010.09.05.2000 (this patch have the same name but this is not the same patch)

11. put the patch into the DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betad96437e6patch

12. Start the client and let him update

13. Play!!

So today was tricky because you had to downlaod 2 patch with the same name but the key is to check the name of the patch the client try to downlaod and go find the torrent file in:

DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betaca2a8aemetainfo

or

DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betad96437e6metainfo

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by geldonyetich

Alternately, if you think you can trust third party sources, instructions on doing that here.

No need to worry, as torrent files include md5 checksums of the file contents so if someone goes altering the files, the torrent doesn't match then.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• txtsdtxtsd Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by grunty

The UNOFFICIAL method of getting the game installed and patched can be found here:

man you saved my life. i was stuck at 98.3% on the first set of patches, and I was like 'omgnowai' and then I found your post and the link :D

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Crash crash crash crash crash crash crash... all day long. It's been a nightmare since this last patch.

I'm running:

AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition @ 3.4Ghz

8Gigs 1600 Ram

ATI 5870 2Gb Asus Rog Matrix

Windows 7 Premium 64

And I've been toning down the settings trying to stabilize things, but it hasn't been helping.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

As of a few hours ago, they have officially acknowleged there's a problem with the patcher and are looking to resolve it. 

Good thing, too.  I myself resorted to the unofficial method to get the game to run this morning instead of my preferred method of just waiting for the patcher to kick in.

This discussion has been closed.