Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the better FPS?

SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Trying to decide which to buy Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Comapny 2. D2D has a bundle for MW2 for $90 and I'm trying to decide whether to buy it or not, or just continue with APB.

Comments

• Arctic2006Arctic2006 Member Posts: 31

I've always enjoyed BF series (1942, Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Heroes a little) but 2142 and BC 2 weren't really my cup of tea. However, the little I did play of BC 2 it was a solid game, not much too complain about just didn't really click with me. So I'd definately recommend BC 2 as I've liked the way the Battlefield series has progressed more so then the COD series from the days back when I played COD 2.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I'd venture to say to go with the older FPS.

BF2, BF2142 can be had for very cheap.

Modern Warfare 1 is, IMO, superior to the sequel.

Between the 3 titles I mentioned, MW1 still has quite a bit of people playing.  The only thing I prefer BF2 & 2142 over MW is that the BF games had vehicles for a different experience than infantry, and only infantry fighting.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• XciserXciser Member UncommonPosts: 102

I love Bad company 2 but i would probably tell you not to get it. I am trying to save you hours of tearing out your eyeballs. The game throws you in with no skill against high ranked players and your at an unfair advantage.  The game is so tiring until you level up about 15-20.

• BigWaaghBigWaagh Member UncommonPosts: 10

Do You like Vehicles to take make up a large part of the battle or do you prefer a little bit more twitch gaming.  BC 2 seemed to me to be a little bit more strategic while MW is more fast paced.  I enjoy both games but I guess I like the fast pace Action of MW better.  MW 1 is the superior game to MW 2 also.  Just my 2 cents.

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

If you like to be co-operative get bad company 2.

If you wanna run and gun get MW2.

In MW2 you can get co-operative in Search and Destroy though....If you have the friends/rights players.

Hope that helped.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

MW2 community for me I don't like, too much "F'in Noob" and "Hacker" thrown about. Don't seem to come across this, or very rarely in BFBC2. That doesnt not mean that will be the same for everyone, but its what I have seen.

But to sum them both up, MW2 is your classic evolution of Doom, and BC2 is Doom with Vehicles.

Graphics about the same, maybe BC2 with the slight edge of destuctive buildings ect.. (such as, you can fire a 40mm Nade at a wall you know somebody is hiding behind to blow a hole, and it damage them)

Something that has already been mentioned which may put some people off BC2 is that you have to LVL up each class to get different wepons and items, so naturally higher level players with have a slight advantage. But saying that, it is done very well so you get decent (if not he best ) weapons for each class early on. You can get all the upgrades be about lvl 18, so a couple of weeks gameplay and your even.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Not that this game is anything like BFBC2 or MW2...

But.... Team Fortress 2 all the way baby.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Originally posted by Kokomobl

Agree, Just pure fun.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

I would go with Modern Warfare II. The special ops will keep you busy for a while, but be sure to play the first game's Singleplayer before playing through the Modern Warfare II Singleplayer or it will lose its magic. If you want pure multiplayer, the Battlefield Games are better, but Battlefield Bad Company II for some reason hits a CPU-Limit on most computers.

Random Trivia: Modern Warfare II was the first PC-Game to get a near-perfect score (39/40) in the Japanese Gaming Magazine Famitsu. The game was Judged as a "Console Game" with the PC version excluded...and as usual, the racist Japanese will never give a maximum score to a non-Japanese Game, specially being a PC Game. :) All the top scoring games they judge are always pure native Japanese Games, and any non-Japanese Game gets hammered down.

Reading Famitsu and many magazines are what got me to create my own rating system and judge games for myself and ignore most magazines and sites, no matter how "official" they sound or look.

Good Luck. ^^

• ZaileZaile Member Posts: 7

I haven't played many recent FPS but I LOVE Modern Warfare 2 (which ever one came out recently, I can't keep their version names straight).

• swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292

I loved CoD: Modern Warfare [COD 4].  I skipped COD 5  and 6 because I did not like the changes.  COD 7 or Call of Duty: Black Ops is supposed to address the problems that people did not like about version 5 and 6.  It also contains some great additions to the game.  Due out in early November.

PC games have much better content than consoles, however, here is a console video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7ddv8

Edit:  Typo

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292

I am going to put another link in this post, and I would like to add, watch these videos in 720p and full screen.  I enjoy them a great deal more that way and may  be you will too.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Interview With Hank Keirsey

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by mbd1968

Trying to decide which to buy Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Comapny 2. D2D has a bundle for MW2 for $90 and I'm trying to decide whether to buy it or not, or just continue with APB.

BC2 all the way.

More weapons, bigger maps, Destructable environments,  better Co-op, better single player, Vehicles!!!!!!, New onslaught mode is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!

MW2 is like the World of warcraft of FPS now taking the crown from Halo.

Addition: Im in the Medal of Honor Beta and when that game releases its going to take the FPS world by storm. Amazing multiplayer, Co-op, Graphics, and a truly epic single player campaign. ITs the MoH we've been waiting for.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by Kokomobl

This man speaks the truth.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Crysis Wars, more skill involved, better maps.

• NapalmDeathNapalmDeath Member Posts: 21

I'd say MW because it's less complicated and can be more enjoyable in my opinion. Bad Company 2 can be a mess if you don't like its kind of gameplay.

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."
    - Albert Einstein

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Hands down BF2. No contest.

Bad Company 2 just didn't sit well with me. Nor did BF2142. BF2 still to this day is my favorite FPS of all time. Counter-strike used to be before it got raped by the hacking community (I should know, I got too good at CS and got bored so I hacked after that just to piss fanbois off =P). Shit, one of my old hacks used to tell me when other players in the server were hacking as well. In 1.6, you can hardly join a server without a third of the people hacking. BF2 is just very very fun... big 32 v 32 battles on Mashtuur City or Strike at Karkand are the shit. The sad thing is all the new age FPS's have taken much of the player base away from BF2. I only play on one server, ever (=FaRT= clan's 24/7 Mashtuur City server, name = danked247). Granted, there's probably about 20ish servers going at any time for every map, and only a handful of them at max capacity for each map(64 players), but there used to be >100 for each map, and they were all full all the time.

Sadly, I think the technology with video games is advancing way faster than the development. Devs are getting lazy and letting the technology work for them. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, I dunno.

Oh jeez, I gotta interrupt that thought. How could I forget to mention Quake 3? That game still was and will always be THE SHIT. Space CTF anyone?? =)

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

BC2 drop APB its dead