Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pax screenshots

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

A few tera screenshots @ Pax west courtesy of jkwengert at Tera-online.com.

Link to thread:  http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9935

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The person who posted the pic's played the back stage demo and answered a few questions @ teraFans.

Quote:

Questions

1. so how much can you tell us about the lancer game play for the new build at lvl 35+?

2. what was the threat gen like? did anyone pull agro?

3. how often?

4. are the media any good at tera?

5. what did you think of the other classes from the looks (obviously you didn't play as them so thats all i can ask)?

6. what was the exp gain like?

7. whats the speed increase on mounts (if you got to use any)?

8. will this instance be included in the "live" version?

OMG THOSE BOSS'S SWORDS.... ORGASM... *phew* sorry it had to come to that at the end :whistling:

Answers

Lots of questions. :)

1-3. Well, hrm. I'm assuming I can describe that as all the other fan and various sites fully describe their gameplay experiences. So, here goes.

Lancer gameplay was great, but VERY challenging. It's pretty limiting how far you can zoom out, so you can't exactly see most of the combat going on (especially with boss + minions + adds swarming you). We were frequently knocked down, so it's a must to use your Soaring Attack ASAP as the mobs will have moved away from you while you were on your backside.

During the demo, Sam was shouting, giving a play-by-play of the action, helping us stay together, calling people's names, telling me to block and the Archer to get closer for heals, and for so-and-so to hold on and not die as a big heal was coming, etc. He was very complimentary and was telling folks, "Great job with that charge-up" and "Hey, Slayer...nice knock-down!" etc. It was a great group and it seemed like most everyone was a gamer/fan, not "media".

I basically spammed both of my aggro skills (and was out of mana OFTEN - too easy to spam skills and forget to use your default attack to regen mana; a MYSTIC would be sooo helpful for a party since they can offer a steady supply of MP for the party) and used my "pull with chain" skill on the bigger mobs whenever possible. I will say that Vent or some other chat system will really be handy (if not kind of required) since you don't have addons telling you about your threat.

Your focus is sooooo in the middle of your screen that I wasn't looking at any health bars at all, including mine! (I easily could have been blocking more often, but was so intent on trying to AOE threat gen as often as possible.) Folks did "pull aggro" (and, to be blunt, the AOE threat gen only covers so much area and the mobs are more spread out than that in many cases), but you have to remember, these aren't really tank 'n spank fights. There are a lot of mobs and everyone has to read (especially) the boss AI so they know when a huge attack is coming and how to reposition to avoid the damage.

4. Last I heard, there were like 5 wins and 2 or 3 losses today, so they're doing better than not. A few of the EM staff said they were practicing last night and kept wiping, so maybe we are getting lucky today! Posted Image

5. Honestly, I don't know. We were sitting down in a dark room, facing a monitor. You couldn't see anything that anyone else was doing, and we had headsets on so we could focus on the game. Obviously we cleared the instance with no deaths, so I was in a great team!

6. I started the instance at either level 35 or 36 and ended part-way through 37. However, no clue if that's how it'll stay or not. I will say, that's really just a bit over halfway to level cap and the content was VERY exciting. (That said, if you watch the "party mob" videos from CB3, it's ~8% of level gain per kill in a full party, so you certainly level pretty quickly doing that.)

7. No clue on the mounts. We started and ended inside the instance.

8. Yes. The "demos" they're providing are real runs through actual in-game content, just programmed so the party can start/stop in specific sections.

Link to thread @ TeraFans: http://www.terafans.com/topic/4631-pax-2010-the-scoop/page__pid__27669__st__0&#entry27669

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Looks fecking awesome.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Very nice. Tera is going to be the best MMO of next year.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

These are some sweet screenshots indeed. I hope we'll get a few more. :)