Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV - Abject Dissapointment

Comments

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

i just hit 5-6 and im lookin for skills now. a swarm of bees killed me. i teleported back for a 50% reduction to hp for like 2-3 minutes. not bad i guess. i still hate the 4 minute walks down winding paths to get to a quest.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Originally posted by birdycephon

Nothing wrong with voicing criticism, but this isn't the best place to do it. Chances are if you post here, noone at SE will even hear bout it. If you really want to be heared, do it through the official channels. The fans really don't want to hear people criticising the game they like.

The above is a common misconception. Criticism is not written for the creators of a work, or even fans of a work. It's written for its readers. I am one such reader, I would read any criticism as long as it's written well - no matter whether I'm interested in the work itself.

The writer does not have a responsibility to function as a subset of "production", giving usable feedback to better the work. To better the work is the creators' job. And they have QA for that. 

And if one is a fan of a work to the degree that he or she doesn't want to see or hear anything scathing about it, I would advise he or she doesn't read or listen to other people. People are prone having opinions; and not necessarily agreeable ones at that. :) 

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

this threads gone down due to trolling faster then a cheerleader goes down on prom night, thanks all i do enjoy a good laugh, but thats enough already sheesh.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Personally spealking i kinda like the game. The delay in waiting for the reponse when you open the inventory etc does get a bit tiresome but its not game breaking imo.

I dont think i'll play at launch, overcrowded starting areas etc. I may give it a month or so to let SE optimise it further.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by Milliecake

I think it's fair to post reviews or negative/positive criticisms on any game. It's not just for the fans but for the potential fans too, no one wants to waste their money on a box sale and subs that they'll get one or two months gameplay out of /coughAion.

I concur, this game  (like many others) seems to report another expensive pc upgrade which is acceptable for a finished game. However, it would be much less expensive to go with a platform unit if the use of a controller makes game operations easier. Yea, we have some trolls but I would like to hear the counters to the criticisms given. For example, is controller the only operational way to play? Do high end pc's have any problems? Will the content be...less than advertized? The onlyl thing countered here is the lovers compared to the trolls. The best way to counter, in my humbled opinion, is fact in lue of opinions.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by tswthoradin

It's kind of annoying how anyone that voices any criticism whatsoever is immediatly jumped on. It's like people who try the game and notice bug's or game play issues are out to destroy the game.

It's a fanboi defense mechanism.

As far as the game goes, it has potential and graphics are very nice but it is no where ready for release. It needs a good 6 more months of serious development.

SE needs to take a step back and realize that right now the game is a subpar PS3 port. More often than not, you're fighting with the UI more than you're fighting with the mobs, which have pretty much been hunted to extinction by the hordes of players. Apparently grinding is really the only way to get anywhere in this game... But that's besides the point.

The game is obviously designed for a PS3 because it's absolutely unwieldy with a mouse and keyboard. No hardware mouse, no keyboard short cuts like "I" for inventory, "C" for character, etc. Pressing ESC does not bring up the menu. You have to press "Enter" to interact with things, which is annoying since you have to move your hand from the movement keys. There are no tool tips and the inventory/equipment screen is abismal.

Anyway, I like the art and the stories and it's unfortunate that SE had decided to release this game on the PC without making it work with the PC control scheme.

The game is not a PS3 port as the PC version can run with superior graphics for example. The control system is okay too if you are playing on half descent system. keyboard or gamepad are definitely the methods I would play by, but mouse does work. Ultimately the problem with Western markets is the WoWtard quotient that has zero tolerance for anything else, but nonetheless I think XIV will be a hit with thoughtful western gamers too.
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Is it me or are all threads for any new mmo that is in beta the same, like this game isent polished and other what not.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

There is alot of inefficiency in this game engine which I believe will take years to correct, for a title that premiers on pc way before ps3 mouse+keyboard ui should have been a priority its all just showing a lack of forsight on there part.

My pc can handle any other game on max, from Mafia II to GTA 4 and anything inbetween.

My mouse is  a Razer Naga mmo gaming mouse

My graphics card a nvidia 470gtx

My processor a intel q6600

My memory 8gb ddr II

My sound card a Xonar Dx2

My hard drive a samsung F1 1.5tb

All put together by me in a custom case with a liquid cooling system which allows my processor to run completely stable at 4.2ghz (39c)

Its a couple of years old now except for the graphics card, running windows 7 64bit completely updated, its a pure gaming rig, I don't even surfe the web or do email on it, have a seperate pc for those things.

I keep everything updated even though the graphics card has a waterblock no game has ever needed me to overclock it.

All connected up to a 1920*1080 oled Benq monitor.

I've been gaming for 28 years now and mmo'ing since muds the only mmorpg I avoided was wow (tried it and found it too simplified) I don't want to play a game my mother can play and she is a technophobe.

I had high hopes for FF both me and wife preordered the CE but this game is showing a complete lack of respect for pc gamers, I shouldn't haveto have a controller to play an mmo, yes I use a 360 controller for racing games but for mmo's ?

The mouse lag the trivial quests the fatigue system the developers are definetly poping some kind of drugs.

I will never touch XIV again It was boring, with an interface that made me grind my teeth, I am just greatful I got into beta and saved myself some money

• saltydog3saltydog3 Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Malchietz

Originally posted by natuxatu

^ The poster above is exactly what I'm talking about. Why is it okay to have a crappy UI just because it's different from WoW? Get real. The UI could be much better there is no denying that. I'm fine with the UI, I can grasp it just fine, and I still don't like it.

Anyway...

That's weird that people are complaining about lag.. I don't notice any.. there are times when casting is slow if that's what you mean... but that's hardly the frustrating lag that I've seen in games where you can hardly move because of lag.

I'm not defending lag by any means I'm just saying I haven't noticed any (unless you're talking about the delay when some spells go off.)

Anyway I think it's far not to like this game... i'm starting to like the more I play it but I really had to force myself to love it for the first couple of hours. And I don't expect anyone to force themselves to play a game that they are not enjoying. The UI, while not a problem, is not as good as it could be but that's probably my biggest complaint. I like the combat, and the guildleves are interesting enough.

This game is different enough from the typical MMOs that we have all become immune to and thus it will hold my attention for a much longer period of time. ^^

I agree with this post, But I will say. This game is far from finished as far as they goes. I blame the guys in the Alpha and Beta Tests for not working closer with the Devs on the UI. They need to have shortcuts to get to the important menu's like the inventor and such, I highly suggest anyone playing the beta please send in their questions and Concerns to the Square-Enix Support team to try and get some last minute UI changes.

The UI is just too clumpy when having to back and forth from the menu's etc. I've already submitted my suggests to them tho, I suggest everyone else to do the same.

I was in the beta and yes their was thread all over the Beta forum about the UI design etc.,,, dev just did not listen to the testers.  All I  heard all over the beta forum was from fanboys of the game they don't need your input. Fanboys in my opinion did not want change.   At that point I gave up with giving feedback.  So as far as I'am concern the game was made for FF XI players/fans.

Originally posted by calranthe

There is alot of inefficiency in this game engine which I believe will take years to correct, for a title that premiers on pc way before ps3 mouse+keyboard ui should have been a priority its all just showing a lack of forsight on there part.

My pc can handle any other game on max, from Mafia II to GTA 4 and anything inbetween.

My mouse is  a Razer Naga mmo gaming mouse

My graphics card a nvidia 470gtx

My processor a intel q6600

My memory 8gb ddr II

My sound card a Xonar Dx2

My hard drive a samsung F1 1.5tb

All put together by me in a custom case with a liquid cooling system which allows my processor to run completely stable at 4.2ghz (39c)

Its a couple of years old now except for the graphics card, running windows 7 64bit completely updated, its a pure gaming rig, I don't even surfe the web or do email on it, have a seperate pc for those things.

I keep everything updated even though the graphics card has a waterblock no game has ever needed me to overclock it.

All connected up to a 1920*1080 oled Benq monitor.

I've been gaming for 28 years now and mmo'ing since muds the only mmorpg I avoided was wow (tried it and found it too simplified) I don't want to play a game my mother can play and she is a technophobe.

I had high hopes for FF both me and wife preordered the CE but this game is showing a complete lack of respect for pc gamers, I shouldn't haveto have a controller to play an mmo, yes I use a 360 controller for racing games but for mmo's ?

The mouse lag the trivial quests the fatigue system the developers are definetly poping some kind of drugs.

I will never touch XIV again It was boring, with an interface that made me grind my teeth, I am just greatful I got into beta and saved myself some money

its like you took the words right out of my mouth. My previous post was very similar. But im gonna keep trying. I am finding a few good things and the adventurer in me keeps poking his head out enough for me to wonder whats on the other side of this map..

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

Here, have a list of actual, non-flamey negatives about FFXIV followed up by a palette cleanser of good things and a summary.  It's real information, folks, and although it's my interpretation I'd like to think that it's pretty unbiased and experienced.

1.  By base level 7 I had run out of quests and guildleves in my area entirely.  The next set started at level 10 so it becomes a monster grind of epic calibre much like Ragnarok online (worse than Aion if you are combat-oriented because there aren't even any quests to back up the killing).  You can always craft and attempt crafting / gathering guildleves, too, those give experience but are frustrating to learn.. which leads me into...

2.  Learning how to do anything in FFXIV is difficult.  Learning how to change jobs (just find and buy weapons / crafting weapons), learning how the crafting works, learning how guildleves work.. if you're not familiar with MMOs then you'll have no idea what to do and even if you are there are some things that are so different (non-hand-holdey or non-intuitive, you choose) that difficulties will be had.

3.  I ran out of experience as my first-choice job rather quickly.  It didn't tell me that I was running out, I just found that experience started dwindling and then went away without anybody telling me.

4.  Having to do every interaction through my main menu is awkward.  Want to speak to this crystal to do your quests?  It comes up in the main menu (like if you pressed escape in most games).  Equipment, friends, stats?  Main menu.  Sorta odd and I've had a lot of people ask me simply how to use an elevator or how to use a crystal.

5.  Some things are just.. randomly unintuitive.  You can't equip things from your inventory but only by selecting your equipment and statistics from the main menu, choosing an empty spot on yourself or an item you're already wearing, THEN scrolling through your inventory and finding the item to equip.  You may be able to do it through the inventory but as far as I've seen most of what you would assume to be right click or additional option activities just don't exist.

6.  Possibly the most eye-twingingly annoying thing is, yes, the random time it takes between doing random things.  Like pulling out your weapon so you can attack, or sheathing your weapon, or starting to craft.  To craft one thing you've got like 6 points where you're waiting for 5 seconds between choosing the complex crafting mechanics.

7.  Another thing about crafting that people should be aware of is that.. you just stick random things together and hope that they make something.  Or ask somebody how to make something, or look it up.  As far as I've seen there's no system to tell people how to make anything, even starting out.  Rather brutal.  Now on the other side of the fence that's kinda neat.  You might randomly invent some new-fangled weapon in the future by combining weird things.  Still, the basic things they should tell you what to combine I think, just to get you started.

8.  And that brings me back to my final point and re-iteration.. FFXIV doesn't tell you how to do anything.  There are rare tutorials but by the time you've found them it's usually too late and you've learned through trial and error or asking or looking it up elsewhere.  It's very backwards and oldschool that way.  The fact that the game is naturally un-intuitive, does things you don't notice behind your back that hamper your experience (literally) and runs out of quests (or should I say 'quest' and guildleves) rather sets this game back quite a few years in quite a few ways.

After having said all of these negative things I feel that I must let you know why I'm going to keep playing for a bit...

When I was actually doing the main storyline quest I was having a blast.  The world felt viceral and real and it felt like a woven tapestry of storytelling and gameplay.  There was a lot of reading, but it truly felt like an RPG with other players.  The graphics are nice, animations are nice (if a bit slow) and the world itself feels vast and secretive, much like Everquest did long ago.  Combat isn't really 'slow'.. it's awkward because of that bit of what may be interface lag but it's also fun.  Especially when there's a point to it and it's not just grinding.  Classes are varied, experience is granted for everything and you could technically reach maximum base level without killing anything.  You'd need a source of money, but you could.

All-in-all it's an interesting throwback to point-and-click adventure, real storytelling, interesting characters around every corner and a realistic fantasy world.  Unfortunately it throws you into that world as if you'd already been living in it for a good twenty years and understand exactly how it works already.  I feel like playing just to get to the next set of guildleves and find storyline quests but the road in between will be.. brutal.  The filler grinding is frightening and worse than anything that I've seen in a long time as far as killing repetitive mobs goes.

I don't think that I can add anything more of my experiences so far.  Take the positives and the negatives and hopefully at least one person reads this and takes away a truthful representation of the world in all its glory and shady dealings.

Woo, it's like a review.  Maybe I should make my own post.  Someone can feel free to do that for me, heheh.

-Some guy

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

They did this shit on purpose...a 'Ladybug' just 2 shotted me. 626 hp.

Originally posted by gkb3469

^ The poster above is exactly what I'm talking about. Why is it okay to have a crappy UI just because it's different from WoW? Get real. The UI could be much better there is no denying that. I'm fine with the UI, I can grasp it just fine, and I still don't like it.

Anyway...

That's weird that people are complaining about lag.. I don't notice any.. there are times when casting is slow if that's what you mean... but that's hardly the frustrating lag that I've seen in games where you can hardly move because of lag.

I'm not defending lag by any means I'm just saying I haven't noticed any (unless you're talking about the delay when some spells go off.)

Anyway I think it's far not to like this game... i'm starting to like the more I play it but I really had to force myself to love it for the first couple of hours. And I don't expect anyone to force themselves to play a game that they are not enjoying. The UI, while not a problem, is not as good as it could be but that's probably my biggest complaint. I like the combat, and the guildleves are interesting enough.

This game is different enough from the typical MMOs that we have all become immune to and thus it will hold my attention for a much longer period of time. ^^

I agree with this post, But I will say. This game is far from finished as far as they goes. I blame the guys in the Alpha and Beta Tests for not working closer with the Devs on the UI. They need to have shortcuts to get to the important menu's like the inventor and such, I highly suggest anyone playing the beta please send in their questions and Concerns to the Square-Enix Support team to try and get some last minute UI changes.

The UI is just too clumpy when having to back and forth from the menu's etc. I've already submitted my suggests to them tho, I suggest everyone else to do the same.

Honestly i dont care enough to send in any info. I had no problem with lag/performance, heres my issues.

i cant jump? why the fuck not? space bar is enter chat? ok.

theres a 3 foot step. you cant go over it. why not? am i not an 'Adventurer!' as the npcs say? Yet i cant travel over a 3 ft incline.

There arent any legitimate areas. its just paths. maybe theres something i didnt walk to but all i saw were winding paths of the same 4 mushroom/ferret looking creatures. (ill keep exploring)

Combat is oh so boring. Im lvl 3 and i still have simple slash or w/e its called. 

Mm the ui. Ive dealt with Darkfall UI and Mortal Online UI, this one makes me grind my teeth though. This is the deal breaker at the moment. There is no way ill play a game with this terrible ui. there are 17 buttons to control the camera view. 17! who the fuck needs that? Im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say theyll fix it. Mouse sensitivty option isnt in yet either and the only way i can figure to look around is right click. also no option to stay in mouse look mode.

im gonna keep playing. maybe ill find something good to write about. It does look great though.

EDIT: while trying to be a good beta tester i looked into where i would go to give my opinion of the ui system and any one in the OB cant use the beta forum. go figure.

camera angle = hold down right mouse and pan it, 1 button, just 1 can do anything you need to the camera if you use it, or you can use any gamepad made that has software, 360 ps3 generic pc ones, if its got 2 sticks and 8-12 buttons depending on the d pad options in 14, then you can play entirely on the controller and just use the keyboard to type, yes i know how novel a concept like gaming with a controller is, its just like 100x easier then any games ever been with key and mouse combo, go figure, honestly you guys try to hard to troll instead of doing what we old timers did back in the day, get into the game, find out what works, tune to your liking.

also you get new combat moves and spells every even level 2/4/6/8/10 all the way to max, i believe its 50 atm.  you go into actions and traits, select the weapon type, all your moves are in there, you then select what button to assign them too (like basic slash is on 1, you can move it, put new moves on 2 3 4 ect, whatever, fully customizable)

They did this shit on purpose...a 'Ladybug' just 2 shotted me. 626 hp.

thats what you get for f*ckin with a lady bug that many levels above you!  hehe in final fantasy the sweetest cutest fluffiest thing yould ever wanna snuggle, will eat your face if it wants too.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Rajen

Originally posted by SyaoranLi

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Leonidus0

Stuttering, fumbling, frustratingly slow -- no, I'm not describing my grandpa, 

I know, you're describing your system.

Tell that to all the other people with high end computers with the same symptoms. 

"upgrade to a high end system...buy and use a controller"....wth

should have left it as a console only game.

I have a mediocre, 3 year old system, and I run this game on max. If you built your system, you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: Just thought I would add... I'm not picking up this game at launch either, going to wait awhile.

3 year old mediocre system and your running it on max?

With Depth of Field on, Ambient Occlusion on, 1920x1080 Resolution, shadow detail highest, Multisampling 16xQ CSAA, resolution buffer size, high texture quality and highest texture filtering? If you are running it on max then you might want to send your specs to S-E so they can tell everyone what system to build because the newest ones can't even run with everything at max.

Of course I don't believe you are running it at max at all and are just trolling.

I spent 1k on my system 3 years ago. I have everything in config turned up to max. Don't care if you believe me or not, i'm not the one that can't run it. :P

You seem a bit sensative since you think i'm trolling. I'm sorry if your system isn't working, it will be ok, why not try the new benchmark that is coming out?

You're out of your mind if you expect anyone to believe that. There's no way in hell you're running it on a PC that old (that you only spent 1K on, no less) with max settings (including ambient occlusion) at an acceptable level.

But please, by all means, prove me wrong.

Originally posted by neorandom

Anyway...

Honestly i dont care enough to send in any info. I had no problem with lag/performance, heres my issues.

i cant jump? why the fuck not? space bar is enter chat? ok.

theres a 3 foot step. you cant go over it. why not? am i not an 'Adventurer!' as the npcs say? Yet i cant travel over a 3 ft incline.

There arent any legitimate areas. its just paths. maybe theres something i didnt walk to but all i saw were winding paths of the same 4 mushroom/ferret looking creatures. (ill keep exploring)

Combat is oh so boring. Im lvl 3 and i still have simple slash or w/e its called. 

Mm the ui. Ive dealt with Darkfall UI and Mortal Online UI, this one makes me grind my teeth though. This is the deal breaker at the moment. There is no way ill play a game with this terrible ui. there are 17 buttons to control the camera view. 17! who the fuck needs that? Im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say theyll fix it. Mouse sensitivty option isnt in yet either and the only way i can figure to look around is right click. also no option to stay in mouse look mode.

im gonna keep playing. maybe ill find something good to write about. It does look great though.

EDIT: while trying to be a good beta tester i looked into where i would go to give my opinion of the ui system and any one in the OB cant use the beta forum. go figure.

camera angle = hold down right mouse and pan it, 1 button, just 1 can do anything you need to the camera if you use it, or you can use any gamepad made that has software, 360 ps3 generic pc ones, if its got 2 sticks and 8-12 buttons depending on the d pad options in 14, then you can play entirely on the controller and just use the keyboard to type, yes i know how novel a concept like gaming with a controller is, its just like 100x easier then any games ever been with key and mouse combo, go figure, honestly you guys try to hard to troll instead of doing what we old timers did back in the day, get into the game, find out what works, tune to your liking.

also you get new combat moves and spells every even level 2/4/6/8/10 all the way to max, i believe its 50 atm.  you go into actions and traits, select the weapon type, all your moves are in there, you then select what button to assign them too (like basic slash is on 1, you can move it, put new moves on 2 3 4 ect, whatever, fully customizable)

woa woa woa. is it too much to ask to have the camera follow my character like i dunno every other rpg in the world? and a controller easier than mouse? pft. 

i figured out how to work my skills. i have two on the third and second teir and now i cant take them off to put them on one. i dunno whats up with that yet. i just spent the better half of an hour running around for one quest. no exp but i got 10k gil. Now im kinda lost on what to do which is why i logged off. So far it seems like another mmo that should have been a single player game. No one speaks in chat and theres no need for a group so far. Still too early to tell on that front.

You cant attack something thats attacking some one else. So if u pull too much aggro no one is gonna come out of no where to help you. You either run or die, or pull a win out of your ass. Just hope you arent fighting a ladybug.

• MephistoRMephistoR Member Posts: 55

Playing FFXIV is like taking a shit.

• KaaxKaax Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by MephistoR

Playing FFXIV is like taking a shit.

if  your shits are painful and annoying

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Wow people, it's only beta and you're throwing crap at SE. Be patient, when have you ever played a beta that didn't have a few kinks? Anyways, the game does have issues, MY main ones being lag (as every mmo will have from now until the end of time) and targetting, but personally I think the game is more fun than any MMO I've played recently. I've said this in about 5 posts, I will say it again, my performance has not been a problem at all; it's actually better than my performance in AoC, and FFXIV has far superior graphics to AoC. My computer specs, actually not so great... I've been playing the game in high with ambient occlusion and depth of field on as well. My average FPS is 35-35, I haven't yet dropped below 30. The game has lag, but it also has about 400,000 people logging on and trying to play at the same time. Not to mention everyone is forced to level in the low level areas--extreme cramping.  By the way, my computer specs (The ones that matter):

Nvidia GeForce GTS 250

4GB DDR3

I do have a quadcore prcoessor...I am too lazy to look up the type

Windows Vista

Yeah... So I couldn't tell you why people are having such problems, but my computer is average; and people with high end computers are complaining about how the game won't run. I am suspecting that they just got their computer jacked up with programs that are slowing down their computers performance.

• egg20001ukegg20001uk Member Posts: 124

Ah i see so the many thousands of people with high end rigs just have too many programs running do they?.

Open your eyes mate, the game needs heavy optimization and that's a fact.

Also you can't use "It's only beta" because the game is released in a couple of weeks time and i doubt there will be many changes from Open beta to Live release bugs and optimization wise.

Just because you can play the game at a stable FPS doesn't mean others can't.

Originally posted by egg20001uk

Ah i see so the many thousands of people with high end rigs just have too many programs running do they?.

Also you can't use "It's only beta" because the game is released in a couple of weeks time and i doubt there will be many changes from Open beta to Live release bugs and optimization wise.

I just don't know why people are having so much trouble with this game. I wouldn't call my system high end, and it runs excellent, yet people who just bought 2.3k dollar Alienware rigs are saying the game hardly runs at all. There has to be a logical explanation. It very well could be the game, but that doesn't like up with the fact that my standard computer is running it better than someone who just bought a card from the latest line of ATI and Nvidia and has a rig to back up the cards power. My eyes are not closed, I am very concerned as to why people are having these problems as well. I just don't get why SO many people are having these issues and I, one out of about 100 cases, am having no issues at all. 

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Believe it or not I think most of it down to a lot of peoples naivety with regards computer systems. Some people play WoW okay on really old systems and are incredulous when they find they cannot play XIV on highest video settings.
  • egg20001ukegg20001uk Member Posts: 124

I really think the game needs optimizing for different pc setups. Also when Nvidia and Ati bring out new drivers that should be a great help too, but i believe there is something seriously wrong with the client as it is.

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

Problem could also be driver issues with certain video cards.  It's not necessarily "optimization" issues.  AoC's performance is an example of optimization problems.  It takes a very high end computer to run it at max settings.  It's not hit or miss with different computer systems.

Originally posted by Elirion

Problem could also be driver issues with certain video cards.  It's not necessarily "optimization" issues.  AoC's performance is an example of optimization problems.  It takes a very high end computer to run it at max settings.  It's not hit or miss with different computer systems.

Agreed, AoC had major optimization issues. The new expansion even was just terrible FPS, some of the worst I've had in a game. Don't get me wrong I loved it once they fixed that issue two months later, but at release it was awful. This is no where near as bad, I think the major problem people are having is the huge population of freeloading nannies who won't be there at release. I think you should see a performance increase when the F2P crowd dissipates.