Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soloability?

I know the previous FF games were not solo friendly at all.  I assume this game will be no different?  If not, is the player population a little more mature than that of WOW?  I guess if they have a pulse and are 3 months old they are more mature than your average WOW player.

Can anyone comment?

Comments

• KirinRahlKirinRahl Member UncommonPosts: 159

From what I've played, FFXIV has more soloable content.  It'll be much easier to level and progress with a group of friends, but you can always run Guildleves on lower difficulties, Solo or Easy, and make your way through them alone with minimal ruffled feathers.

It's not ALL GROUP ALL THE TIME, but it still helps a Hell of a lot to be in a group.  My experience is not broad, but it's much better than FFXI.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Lets just say you can solo the game. But partying is still encouraged. Much more than WoW, but less than XI.

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Hopefully it stays within the grouping vs more soloability . I don't think a whole lot of WoW players are going to be coming over here, much less past the 30 days from buying the game and with that thought I'm overcome with joy  =)

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Its more casual, but idk about being more soloable. I guess you could say that, but only in a way that the game will allow you to do things no matter your situation ( 1 star leves). The thing is, don't expect to be at the same power level than people who mostly group.

As for your question about maturity, I'm sure that after a couple months the community will be much more mature than any MMO out right now.

Almost every single FFXIV mechanics will make the WoW crowd nerd rage & quit.

- No AH at start

-surplus/fatigue

-Leveling multiple classes isn't an option, its requiered.

-Deep crafting system

-UI/controls

-etc.

Originally posted by Nekrataal

-Leveling multiple classes isn't an option, its a requiered.

Heh, I'm an altaholic, so it doesn't bother me :D

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

You can solo yes, unlike starting off in XI.

Grouping is a lot more encouraged though, and has it's benefits solo players won't have such as joining in on guild leves.

Originally posted by Nekrataal

- No AH at start

Actually, I don't mind this anyways. In XI, I could sell stuff much faster if I put it in my bazzaar, than if I used the AH.

• IkkeiIkkei Member Posts: 169

Most of the leveling process should be doable in solo. Calling any FF solo-friendly is a bit of an overstatement, since Square's designs are a bit more tedious than your average WoW--where you often can't die in solo unless you really can't spam. In FF XIV you will have to manage your mana and your life with a bit more concern; or learn to use enemy vulnerabilities and sometimes cunning tactics. But overall, I guess a vast majority of the leveling will be tailored to suit most solo players, provided they are able to learn and use FF systems--which happen to be a bit more extensive than your average MMORPG. 

However, as in any MMO, don't expect all of the game to be accessible in solo: it's obvious there will be group-only achievements, and unlike most MMOs, we can expect that content to be available well before max level--while valuable even after you reach end-game. Also, since it's mostly embedded in scenaristic value, I believe some of it could be class specific (like chains if you happen to know FF XI), meaning some jobs will have a harder time than others. 

It seems that, from a player standpoint, the best way to play solo easily will be to tailor oneself a solo-capable character by mixing various jobs, including (for the obvious) a self-heal and a few crowd-control skills to complete a Direct Damage primary job. Fact is, you can customize characters so much in FF XIV, that I don't think soloing will be much of an issue for those who wish to play so.

Hope that helps.

• heheyhehey Member Posts: 77

Square Enix has said that the majority of the storyline quests will not be soloable. But everything else seems to be soloable going by the beta tests (most of the storyline quests were unavailiable in the beta, and they still wont be in Open Beta neither).

"I will Turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

• wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182

I just hope its not like FF11 where after lv 10-12 it was pretty much impossible to solo, or like L2 where all you did was kill crap by yourself for 100 hours per level.

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by meleemadness

I know the previous FF games were not solo friendly at all.

I smirked at this. :>

• xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Disdena

Yeah, I thought it was funny :)
  • sephiroth112sephiroth112 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by xcalibur

Originally posted by Disdena

Yeah, I thought it was funny :)

ffxi have bad system for lvl up, you can't do anything without party

and many people only invite "good" setup party job, this sucks,really sucks

well i hope ffxiv doesn't have crappy hnm with random spawn, i prefer private instance that wait for hours the claim

always win the bot in ffxi