Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV how to you get an open beta code?

pilonskipilonski Member UncommonPosts: 3

Sorry guys just wondering how you would recieve an open beta code for FFXIV

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

it comes in a box of lucky charms

Translation: No one knows yet.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • milkmanmoomilkmanmoo Member UncommonPosts: 8

Currently the OB is postponed till the fix the glitches they have, which is fine by me I been foaming at the mouth for this game as I did for Aion and I do not want to see my hopes die like it did for Aion...I played FFXI for 6 years so I sure hope the rock it like they did with XI :)

• HalowHalow Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

usually, when there is an open beta, its open, and you don't need a key

Here is information from an official email I recieved today.

1.Access the following URL.
    http://entry.ffxiv.com/
    * The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.
    * Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
    Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

The Square Enix Account Management System: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

The beta was posponed until Sep 1.. keep checking that first link I posted for beta news.

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

It IS Sept 1   ^_^  

The beta was originally to open Sept 1 (earlier if your time zone was right and put you into Aug 31 on the international dateline)

Now it is postponed "till further notice"

Oh, now the link is updated to Sept 2:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 2! 

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010. 

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT). 

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

I am not really good at converting international timezones so maybe that IS september 1 in USA, sorry for misunderstanding you.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Yea 2am GMT Sept 2 = 7pm PDT Sept 1

For me it's 10pm EDT

Its 9pm on Sep.1 for me as well.. no problems.. can't wait to get my hands on the game.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

They should've just kept calling it CBT. Getting everyone's hopes up...

• Shivian12Shivian12 Member Posts: 14

You can register now on their site but let me warn you your gonna have one hell of time trying to get in their website is getting hammered with lots of bandwith and it slowed the website down pretty good.

At one time they said people in Beta 3 would be emailed new codes for the open beta, and there was something suggesting these would be mailed when the open beta actually started, but so far I have not had an email with a new registration code. I did get the email with the entry.ffxiv.com link, but not sure if I am missing some thing or did not read careful some announcement.

Does anyone know what the process is for someone who was in beta 3, do we have to reapply at the square enix site or are they sending us an updated key to use, in addition to the recent email with the entry.ffxiv.com link?

I guess everyone  has the same status, you need to apply at that site (always busy) whether you were in a previous beta or trying first time? The way they worded a previous notice made it sound as if previous B3 testers were "automatically" in, but maybe not.

Edit, here is the notice that FFXICore posted:

Users who have already been accepted as beta testers or who have already registered a beta test registration code on the Square Enix Account Management System do not need to apply for the open beta test. Open beta test registration codes and information on how to register them will be sent shortly. If, however, you possess a registration code but have never registered it on the Square Enix Account Management System, please log in below and apply for the open beta test.

edit2, well who knows WHAT is going on -- certainly not Square Enix  ^_^  Now this was posted at FFXIVCore:

Earlier today, this message was on the application page:

Users who have already been accepted as beta testers or who have already registered a beta test registration code on the Square Enix Account Management System do not need to apply for the open beta test. Open beta test registration codes and information on how to register them will be sent shortly. If, however, you possess a registration code but have never registered it on the Square Enix Account Management System, please log in below and apply for the open beta test.

This message has been REMOVED from their website. 

Are the CB players now forced into the same F5 spam as everyone else?

UPDATE:

Acquisition of Registration Code for the Open Beta Test

We have an important announcement to the testers who have participated in FINAL FANTASY XIV Closed Beta Test.

Between 19:00 and 19:50 (PDT) on Sep. 1, 2010, an incorrect notice saying "Participants of closed beta test do not need to obtain new registration code for the open beta test." was being made on FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

Participants of closed beta test also need to obtain and register dedicated registration code for the open beta test. Please follow the directions listed in the mail "Guide to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test," which was sent to the participants of closed beta test on Aug. 31, 2010, and obtain the registration code from FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

edit/last: eh well I got in finally ^_^

• Shimmer9Shimmer9 Member Posts: 49

im normally not one to break an NDA (on Stargate Worlds).......but this was worse then Stargate Worlds Alpha! After spending 2.5 hrs of mashing my keyboard and having a zillion windows open all contantly refreshing me my husband and another friend finally got keys.  Others gave up.  My husband linked his code, however when he tried to log in it told him that he didnt have a valid service subscription.  When he went into his account it was there.  He submitted a ticket.

Today their response was, we have stripped your account of ffxiv, please re apply the code.  Only you cant becuase it says the code is already in use.  We call support they tell him to log into the beta forums, only he cannot becuase he "doesnt have a ffxiv subscription"  So I log in to try and post for him, and it kicks me out every 2 seconds saying nope i dont have one either.  Their beta site is even worse then Stargate Worlds was.

Anyway.  Thats my two cents.