Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GuildWars sold over 6.5 million times

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

GW is still doing good, apparently.

NCSoft has announced that the game has recently sold more than 6.5 million copies since launch.

Their announcement before regarding GW sales figures was when NCSoft announced that GW had sold 6 million copies, and that was in april 2009. Since that time no expansions were released.

Source: Gamasutra

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

slash care, give us GW2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

I bought it and sold it in 3 days, the instancing sucked. GW2 is looking great though, I think it will be a great hit.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by branko2307

slash care, give us GW2

Funny thing is, a number of your achievements in your Hall of Monuments will give you things/benefits in GW2. ANet still has to reveal what kind and how much, and I don't think it will be anything major or drastic. But, still nice.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Again though,  you have to add that guild wars counts the game and ALL expansions as guild wars being "sold".  So one person who buys them all equals,  4 copies?  Most assuredly this also counts when bought in a package like the trilogy pack.

In this way it is misleading in comparison to other games that might sell only 3 million copies of a single game,  but you don't add that on to whatever DLC or Expansions it sold as well.  Overall it is still a good accomplishment (I'm not trying to say it isn't) I'm just trying to clarify.