Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about coming back, couple questions though..help

yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

I bought guild wars when it came out and the wife and I played for a few months. I had just come off several years of EQ and couldn't adjust to the feeling I was like a hamster in a tube as far as the map goes. Didn't feel open to me at all.

I do not remember if it had PvP when it came out, did it?

Has the game opened up in feel at all with the expansions?

If I dust off my old box and reinstall (not the xpacs because I never bought them) is it all the same still?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

was there pvp when the game first came out?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by yippee22

I bought guild wars when it came out and the wife and I played for a few months. I had just come off several years of EQ and couldn't adjust to the feeling I was like a hamster in a tube as far as the map goes. Didn't feel open to me at all.

I do not remember if it had PvP when it came out, did it?

Has the game opened up in feel at all with the expansions?

If I dust off my old box and reinstall (not the xpacs because I never bought them) is it all the same still?

Thanks in advance.

About PvP, yes it had.

Ehm, opened up? It's still the same principle with instances. Sure, Nightfall feels wider in its zones, but it isn't a persistent open world like GW2 will be.

Hmmm, i tried that recently, it had trouble with finding the right paths to the server and patching and whatnot, so in the end I just decided to download the game via the NCSoft launcher, took a day or so. But gl with the installation, hope it works :)

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."