Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth rerolling a HoX?

jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Hi all,  I have a few quick questions for you guys.  I used to play AoC at launch and was always a big advocate for the HoX class.  I havent played in forever and decided to reroll and play the class again but from what Im hearing I heard they are horrible still in PvP.  I was just wondering if thats true and always wondering if they are still considered the least played due to broken mechanics.  Any help would be great thank you ;)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by jugularvein

Hi all,  I have a few quick questions for you guys.  I used to play AoC at launch and was always a big advocate for the HoX class.  I havent played in forever and decided to reroll and play the class again but from what Im hearing I heard they are horrible still in PvP.  I was just wondering if thats true and always wondering if they are still considered the least played due to broken mechanics.  Any help would be great thank you ;)

It's age of Arrows right now, Ranger is super OP so if you roll a HoX prepared to be wtfpwned by an arrow in the forehead.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by Vepgenus

It's age of Arrows right now, Ranger is super OP so if you roll a HoX prepared to be wtfpwned by an arrow in the forehead.

That's sad. My HoX was the one bright spot for me in my time in AoC. Very fun class to PvE with and held my own in PvP at lower levels. I never made it past lvl 26 with it though, so I don't know what it was like later on.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

You are right, When I first played the game I was the first HoX to max lvl on my server.  His name was Ruin.  But after I got up there, there was nothing to do and by then pvp was broken or just not enough to play the game.  The worst part of it all is coming back now and still seeing the class broken and worthless in PvP.  It is by far my favorite class but seriously if I plan on playing this for awhile and actually wanting to compete I prob will have to roll a ranger also.  Lol 2 years later and my favorite class is still..."garbage."

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

You are right, When I first played the game I was the first HoX to max lvl on my server.  His name was Ruin.  But after I got up there, there was nothing to do and by then pvp was broken or just not enough to play the game.  The worst part of it all is coming back now and still seeing the class broken and worthless in PvP.  It is by far my favorite class but seriously if I plan on playing this for awhile and actually wanting to compete I prob will have to roll a ranger also.  Lol 2 years later and my favorite class is still..."garbage."

Yes i'm sorry to say that PvP is more broken then ever, and class balance is the worst it's ever been,

The game came close to making it post 1.04, after that every patch has just made things worse.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

If you're heavily focused on PvP, then there are better games for you than AoC.

If you're casually interested in PvP and like your PvE, then you'll enjoy your PvE spiced with occasional PvP (Cimmeria will be the server for you).

If you're mainly interested in PvE, then you'll have a fun ride in AoC (Set or Wiccana will be your servers).

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

im not sure what you guys are saying hox was broken in pvp for, when i played last year my hox would transform, hellstep into a full enemy group and burn them all to death with 2 min cooldowns like hell lance and whatever the huge flame bomb was called.  nothing survived 2 of his big 2 min cooldown shots, and you could get 2 of them off in under 3 seconds.

• DittoDitto Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by neorandom

im not sure what you guys are saying hox was broken in pvp for, when i played last year my hox would transform, hellstep into a full enemy group and burn them all to death with 2 min cooldowns like hell lance and whatever the huge flame bomb was called.  nothing survived 2 of his big 2 min cooldown shots, and you could get 2 of them off in under 3 seconds.

Ppl that complain the most about "their class" being broken most of the time simply cant play,so ...blame it on the class or scream how inbalanced the game is. :P

The above is not exclusive to AoC,ppl do it in every MMO.

Learn  to play!

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Ditto

Learn  to play!

If you do this on a HoX you will rock! A hox might seem UP but tbh in a masters hand its great!

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

i always did well on my hox in pvp, i did better on him than my alts. but i also liked the HoX the most so playde it the most was and use to it more.