Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is pay per month?

13»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by pmaura

Originally posted by Mellow44

Originally posted by pmaura

Originally posted by Mellow44

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

You act like it's their fault. They're trying to give a quality product, and that requires money to pay for STAFF, SERVER COSTS, and DEVELPEMENT costs to keep the game up and running.

Yes, the game is pay to play, and a GREAT many people are cheering because of that.

All that aside, the ga, me isn't for me because of their art direction (aimed at kids, stupid clone wars animated series >_>).

Guild Wars 2 will have no monthly fee.

I guess they will go belly up within a month just like their first game did...  no wait.

well guild wars is first instanced and you dont use that much of there bandwidth, the most people allowed in a zone if I am correct in guild wars is 24 people.

I promist you if guild wars had 100-200 people in a zone you would be paying for it.

Guild Wars 2 is not instanced. image

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

as far as I can tell its still instnaced, no way its going to support anything like a reall mmorpg. otherwise who is going to be paying for there bandwith unless they release new content every month wchich you have to pay for.

and here they say they dont want to make anywhere like how persistent a typical mmorpg is.

http://internetgames.about.com/od/roleplaying/a/guildwarsqa.htm

Perhaps as instanced as SWTOR will be. Every since the days of EQ MMO companies have found that you can't tell a very good story when you find that customers are waiting on the AFK mob camper so they can finish their quest. The latest innovation in instances is the seamless (no visible load) instance, which we will see in SWTOR. Not sure about GW2, but from what I understand there are a lot bigger and more non instanced areas in GW2, but expect instances, like any other MMO.

And with SWTOR, some of the planets, and starting areas will have paths, because you can't have people getting lost or stuck day one.  When I first started playing SWG back in the precu days, I got lost for 2 days on Tat. Not because I couldn't find my way back, but because after dieing in the wild I kept cloning to empty cites, and had no credits to shuttle back, and running the distance, yielded the same results, death. It was easy to get side tracked taking out lairs, get turned around by endless hills ect.  I had a blast, only because at the time this is what I expected in MMOs. Most people these days wouldn't tolerate those types of mechanics, hence the zones with paths to keep them on track.       

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter