Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Participate in the open beta test - Schedule

13»

Comments

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be release? at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Found this on  the signup page.  Looks like we get to wait longer now :(

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

There is no registration option on the account page. How do I get a key?

• DancerDancer Member Posts: 102

Even open beta keys are postponed for awhile. Just have to wait until the bugs are worked out. Friends who were in closed beta tell me even their keys are no longer there or work.  That maybe the bug, something happened in database

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Shadewalker

Originally posted by Coman

Originally posted by Shadewalker

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by moraelin

Umm..so why is there a code for Open Beta? Every OB I've ever played just needs a username and password. So we have to jump through hoops to get our exp nerfed after a couple of hours?

Cry more, nothing about open beta means "hey everyone on teh internet come play our game with nothing required"

Actually, that is exactly what an open beta means. Anything less is a closed beta, even if it is extended to a greater number of people towards the launch and even if the NDA is lifted. 

Look at the post above. This clearly is not what it means. 

I suggest you look at it yourself.

Specifically the bit in the linked Wiki article that reads "while open betas are to a larger community group, usually the general public".

As far as I know usually does not mean always. Sometimes like this bit tells you they could also invite a larger community. For example people from an specific website like fileplanet or MMORPG.com. I would agree thought that trough these communities (by joining them or subscribing for them) anyone should be able to join. So there could be a clause to participating in open beta (subscribing to a service, becoming a member of  a website or pre-ordering) and still be an open beta as every can get in the open beta if they are willing to do those things.

So simply put Open beta are open to everyone. There might however be strings attached to it. 

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

Looks like you can login now at least, but even if you were in beta it says "no valid service accounts".  Before you couldn't login so maybe they're making some progress?

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

I have no code emailed to me and I was in CB and Alpha.

• KaldoreiKaldorei Member Posts: 12

anyone wanna give me their code :)

if u dont want to give me code make great gameplay videos so i can check it out before i buy

Child of the Stars

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

So I am confused. If I have a registered Square Enix Account I WILL get an open beta code? There seems to be nothing else to do at this time but make sure your account is registered and DL the client.

What am I missing?

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Originally posted by dougmysticey

So I am confused. If I have a registered Square Enix Account I WILL get an open beta code? There seems to be nothing else to do at this time but make sure your account is registered and DL the client.

What am I missing?

You missing nothing they psotponed the OB so we have to wait. When this will be the time you will have a chance to get the key here the quote:

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.

* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

So again there is nothing sure you may get a key or you may not.

Originally posted by Silok

Originally posted by dougmysticey

What am I missing?

You missing nothing they psotponed the OB so we have to wait. When this will be the time you will have a chance to get the key here the quote:

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.

* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

So again there is nothing sure you may get a key or you may not.

Ah  I see, so you can log in but there is no way to get the code issued yet for anyone.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

So we are all clear, the open beta signup has been postponed until the bugs have been fixed and the new schedule is communictaed.  There is nothing happening at 2:00 GMT 9/1, or 1700 PST 8/31, or whenever until further notice.

One of us will post something when we all hear more about the new rollout date.  In the meantime, make sure you read

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

so that you can work on completing all of the pre-requisites

• jmoreejmoree Member Posts: 30

Has anyone confirmed that this is not a phising scam? There is some improper grammar in the email that I recived...

"Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again."

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by jmoree

Has anyone confirmed that this is not a phising scam? There is some improper grammar in the email that I recived...

"Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again."

Pretty sure its not a scam since the delay message seems to have similar grammar.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Nah this one is ok...

I noticed it too

They are from Japan...

I mean this is Square Enix and all.

• corvenikcorvenik Member Posts: 75

so am i suppose to see an actual application later tonight when they get their stuff together or is it done through square enix?

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by corvenik

so am i suppose to see an actual application later tonight when they get their stuff together or is it done through square enix?

its delayed for now

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

Originally posted by corvenik

If you are already registered you will most likely get an Email from them when they have determined the new OB date and time as the OB registration will take place at the same time.  At the announced time you will need to browse to http://entry.ffxiv.com to apply.

Otherwise, keep checking in here as I am sure there will be posts after someone becomes aware of the update.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

You all r aware that the OB date did change and will not start like planed due to critical Bugs SE first wants to get rid of?

The new date is still not announced and therefore the Site u get your Key from isn't working.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Will Start on Sep. 1!

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT).

Starting on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test!

Definately not a Scam. You can go directly to SE, log in to your SE account and link to the same beta page that is referenced in the email.