Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online's ONE chance to save itself is quickly slipping away.

HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

SV needs to actually FOCUS and work on ONE area of the game.   Fix the bugs and optimize the code.     This will improve gameplay.  

A return to the old combat system would be a HUGE improvement.   The pre-November combat system was perfect.  

So much crap, so little quality.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Hodo

SV needs to actually FOCUS and work on ONE area of the game.   Fix the bugs and optimize the code.     This will improve gameplay.  

personaly i dont think they know how, and they dont have money to pay anyone to do it for them.

every time they fix one bug they add 5 other ones, or 5 old ones show up again.

i personaly like the combat now. pre-November was not good, shields were usless because they were too slow to react and stamina drain was too high. i do agree that the first thing should be to  fix the buggs and major exploits but this brings me back to my first point.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

personaly i dont think they know how, and they dont have money to pay anyone to do it for them.

i personaly like the combat now. pre-November was not good, shields were usless because they were too slow to react and stamina drain was too high. i do agree that the first thing should be to  fix the buggs and major exploits but this brings me back to my first point.

Your right, they do, do things haphazardly.   Nothing is ever really fixed, its just added.    A alliance mate put it best tonight on Mumble, "They have to have the worst QC department in history."   And asside from the Ford Pinto, I think MO is perhaps the worst put together thing I have seen in a long long time.  

• oshi45oshi45 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Hodo

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Your right, they do, do things haphazardly.   Nothing is ever really fixed, its just added.    A alliance mate put it best tonight on Mumble, "They have to have the worst QC department in history."   And asside from the Ford Pinto, I think MO is perhaps the worst put together thing I have seen in a long long time.  

I disagree. Things are fixed all the time and but each patch brings as many bugs as it fixes with the new content. IMO, it seems to me like StarVault is busting their asses lately to try to bring as much content into the game as soon as possible. Instead of focusing on polished patches every 3 months or so, we get a very unpolished and probably barely tested content. It sucks when there are exploits, crashes and broken content sure. From another stance though, I have noticed several of my friends becoming more interested in the game again BECAUSE of all the weekly updates.

The question is, will the fast updated yet buggy patches hurt them more than it will help?

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by oshi45

I disagree. Things are fixed all the time and but each patch brings as many bugs as it fixes with the new content. IMO, it seems to me like StarVault is busting their asses lately to try to bring as much content into the game as soon as possible. Instead of focusing on polished patches every 3 months or so, we get a very unpolished and probably barely tested content. It sucks when there are exploits, crashes and broken content sure. From another stance though, I have noticed several of my friends becoming more interested in the game again BECAUSE of all the weekly updates.

The question is, will the fast updated yet buggy patches hurt them more than it will help?

In short, yes.

If they can not fix their quality control they will drive off more of the "true" players than they will keep.   The game will turn into Face of Mankind, and just be a PvP world with a couple of crafting options.   And we all know how well that turned out, just look at APB.