Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who programmed the garbage downloader?

2»

Comments

• NaokNaok Member Posts: 79

Uploads to megaupload from http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megaupload-links-install-instructions/ links + instructions. If anyone wants.

I didn't do this. Just a link. :)

The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question.

• DameausDameaus Member Posts: 114

the download rate using utorrent is even worse than the SE patcher.... i dunno how you people are getting 400+ kbps but im sitting at 20kbps with utorrent and 60kbps using the SE patcher.... this is fucking ridiculous.

• DragonartDragonart Member Posts: 28

Yup it is pretty silly, at least you're downloading it, i'm still trying to figure out why My Documents doesn't have enough %d GB space? what ever that means. . .

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

SE is stupid they should of JUST used a torrent system that stays on so people can continue to seed when done right now once done it installs game and exits and no one can continue to seed for others.  Its a shitty way to do this.

Oh and btw i got it to work fine with utorrent.   To the person who doesnt have enough space load the torrent but have utorrent save it in another folder.

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

FWIW, I was expecting a lot of problems with the download because of all the people posting about it the downloader, but I started it up before I left for work and it has been running fine. It's been going for a little more than 8 hours and just hit 48%. Not being able to limit the speed is a little bit of a downer, but I'm just going to shut it down now and let it finish up overnight/tomorrow.

• uaeevouaeevo Member Posts: 4

For whom having trouble downloading using utorrent there are some information on this post:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3756290#3756290

• don420don420 Member UncommonPosts: 6

I finished updating a while ago and after a computer restart, pando media booster loaded up and was still uploading...  it would be nice if a window or even a tray icon let me know this thing was running on its own and soaking up my outgoing bandwidth.

• xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571

Hey, maybe you guys should enjoy the journey of downloading and stop rushing.

I finished downloading by using my surplus bandwidth that I got from not logging in yesterday.

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Originally posted by xcalibur

Hey, maybe you guys should enjoy the journey of downloading and stop rushing.

I finished downloading by using my surplus bandwidth that I got from not logging in yesterday.

ROFL

• testmylucktestmyluck Member Posts: 91

Trying the torrent now. Has to be better than the downloader. 11.1% in 18 hours because it uploaded the shit out of the same few MB of files, and downloaded next to nothing.

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

Yeah...why won't the FF14 downloader that you get from the OB page not work? I'm not downloading anything....at all. no local connections, no remote connections, and I'm neither uploading or downloading any information. What's going on.-_-