Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth playing now?

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I have Guildwars box set laying somewhere and was thinking of playing..is it still worth playing the game now?

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I guess it depends on what type of game you are looking to play. Now if you are asking whether there is still population there, well then yes, plenty of people still playing. Kamadan is still spamadan.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Just something to play when i want to take a break from LOTRO till something decent comes out in the near future.  

What XP pack is best to start off with?

Well just to clarify, there is only one expansion and that is Eye of the North. All of the others are stand alone campaigns. If you want to get some customizeable heros to play with you then the best one to start off with is Nightfall. The Prophecies campaign is probably the best story out of the three but that is debatable, it is also the longest ouf of them as well. Factions is probably the more difficult out of the three (especially if you don't have any heros in your party when you solo).

So I reinstalled the game but I can’t for the life of me remember my toons name, I know the first name but have no idea what i had for a surname..

Need to go through customer support >.>

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Worth playing anytime.

I am waiting for them to answer my Ticket. 

• dknight784dknight784 Member Posts: 44

yeah they added that character name thingy on the log in after so many accounts were being hacked.

• deniskillerdeniskiller Member Posts: 7

i decided two weeks ago to go back to Guildwars and i had the same problem as you, since then and i am still waiting for them to help me with my toon names, not sure what is going on as they can easely say yes or not. but am just waiting

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i had the same thing happen to me.  i sent in a ticket, about a 5-7 they got back to me and we worked it out.  if you remember your email address and password they can probably give you the character name.

Originally posted by Tazlor

i had the same thing happen to me.  i sent in a ticket, about a 5-7 they got back to me and we worked it out.  if you remember your email address and password they can probably give you the character name.

They asked for my 25 digit activation code which I lost so I am just waiting to see what they say. 

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Check your email for the code if you have downloaded version. If you have box, you better find it.

Few months ago i have the same  char name thingy, but i found an old screenshot, so that was solved.

Few weeks ago i got hacked. So i mailed NC's support and they fixed it, but i have to poke them few times to do their work.

Originally posted by bugse82

Check your email for the code if you have downloaded version. If you have box, you better find it.

Few months ago i have the same  char name thingy, but i found an old screenshot, so that was solved.

Few weeks ago i got hacked. So i mailed NC's support and they fixed it, but i have to poke them few times to do their work.

I have no Idea what it is..and I had the DVD copy.

Well I got an email saying they will forward my case to senior staff so I am just waiting...I can answer any question they throw at me..My NCsoft account is 6 years old. 

Ok they gave me my toon name no problem...no need for a key.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

I decided to this too and am stuck at toon's name. I have the CD though so I have the code am waiting for a reply now.

So I am hoping to get some groups and play as I will be alone none of my friends are with me here on this game if I get it activated. Oh I also sprung for the expansions and stand alones offer in Amazon all 4 boxed up for 15 pounds. I intend to seriously play and get the achievements done.

Can you solo this if I don't get groups ? Is monk a good group and solo toon if not please suggest one.

Chamber of Chains

With heros and henchmen you can solo just about all of the content (there are some exceptions, mostly elite and hard mode areas). A monk is perfectly fine, any profession is. If you want to damage with a monk then your best bet is to find an Ray of Judgement build.

Ray of Judgement huh okay will look that up. Thanks for the answer.

Chamber of Chains

I still have not gotten a response for my character name. I have however bought the whole game it was under offer all 4 games for 15 pounds on Amazon so you think it is better to start a new account when I get that box or should I try to resurrect the old account. I read you get some account perks that can be used for Hall of Monuments points in your old account.

Yes they just replied and I have a gold minipet and one purple on two of the characters. So I guess it is decided I have to keep this older account and apply the expansions to it.

Chamber of Chains