Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic, or Allods, return to which?

VardoomVardoom Member Posts: 10

So I've decided to start playing an MMO again, I use to play alot of free 2 play ones, alot of them I didn't like for various reasons. The only two which I could stand or actually get into seemed to be Runes of Magic and Allods. I'm pretty bored these days and I probably won't be getting any pay to play games for a bit so I'm curious to which MMORPG to get back into?

It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of decent games that have been released in the months since I've checked here, for release there's almost nothing new and I ain't too interested in Open Betas, the only other game I can think of personally that could match Allods or Runes of Magic for free 2 play is...

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Lord of the Rings online (F2P)

Everquest 2 (F2P)

ammi right?

But I would have to omit all these games because you basically need the cash shop to do anything worthwhile in these games, I know Allods Online is fairly cash shop required too, but then you got peanutlabs which can get you enough points for what you need, and I'm pretty sure Runes of Magic, you can do decent without the cash shop even needed, right?

I just don't know where both these games are at right now, which is why I made this thread, cheers.

Comments

• VardoomVardoom Member Posts: 10

C'mon naw, I need a reply to go with all these views, it's like walking into a party and then just leaving after a drink without talkin.

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

From what I've seen, EQ2X is pretty good. The others aren't my style, too Japanime-y.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• VardoomVardoom Member Posts: 10

Why would anyone play EQ2X though, I don't understand it. From what I've read there's massive limitations, like only having a couple classes/races to pick from, only being able to have a certain amount of money, not being able to access a bunch of instances and endgame content, not being able to get a mount? ect...

• stevo5566stevo5566 Member Posts: 121

Just play DDO til LOTRO comes out....EQX Sucks bawls. DDO is the top f2p mmorpg atm and next in line will be LOTRO but if you like spending RL cash go play RoM or Allods.....You can earn CS items without paying for them in DDO, same as in Allods and ROM but people sell the stuff for sooo much

F.B.I

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Vardoom

So I've decided to start playing an MMO again, I use to play alot of free 2 play ones, alot of them I didn't like for various reasons. The only two which I could stand or actually get into seemed to be Runes of Magic and Allods. I'm pretty bored these days and I probably won't be getting any pay to play games for a bit so I'm curious to which MMORPG to get back into?

It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of decent games that have been released in the months since I've checked here, for release there's almost nothing new and I ain't too interested in Open Betas, the only other game I can think of personally that could match Allods or Runes of Magic for free 2 play is...

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Lord of the Rings online (F2P)

Everquest 2 (F2P)

ammi right?

But I would have to omit all these games because you basically need the cash shop to do anything worthwhile in these games, I know Allods Online is fairly cash shop required too, but then you got peanutlabs which can get you enough points for what you need, and I'm pretty sure Runes of Magic, you can do decent without the cash shop even needed, right?

You can totally play DDO without having to use the cash shop.  The only time you might have to use it, is if you want in some of the larger dungeons, but as a whole you can totally play without it.

I just don't know where both these games are at right now, which is why I made this thread, cheers.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Avoid Allods. I really liked that game until they patched, I logged in, and suddenly mobs I had no trouble with the day before were kicking my ass. They debuffed dps, now requiring a cash shop item to even survive. Haven't been back since. So sad, only F2P I ever spent more than 3 days playing.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

IMO, I'd probably avoid both. But if I must choose, I would choose RoM but not sure how the population now is in the servers. Last time I checked, was pretty low unless the new updates brought in more people. RoM was alot of fun when it first opened though.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

Neither, come play eq1 on an emulated server :P

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

I'd say go with Runes for the fun of it, and don't spend any money on diamonds.