Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Meet Tiggs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest in a series of Meet the Team articles is now live on the official Fallen Earth site. This time popular community  manager Diane "Tiggs" Migliaccio goes under the magnifying glass. Find out all about Tiggs in this community Q&A.

What in your honest opinion is the greatest MMO ever made...You can't say FE....

Two games come to mind when I think of greatest MMO. The first game; Ultima Online; one of my first MMOs and what led me to the gaming industry. I loved the fact that you could change your character skills so easily and loved being evil. Sorry folks, PK all the way for me!

The other game that I would probably still be playing if they didn’t make changes to it that I didn’t like is Dark Ages of Camelot. I loved their PvP system and had such a great time playing it. Tiggs the Ranger will live again some day!

Read the full article on the Fallen Earth forums.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

is that SWG's Tiggs?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

She was a decent CM for SWG, I'm sure most FE players like her as well. Nothing at all to say bad about her way of doing her job.

Edit- At poster above, yep.

She also worked on the Stargate team for a short time as well. She was there during F&F testing anyway.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

There is only one Tiggs. She was also around during the LOTRO beta, a part of the Extra Crispy kinship.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Ranger...Hib...Hibby...

Dem Hibbies tink dey mighty, but dem Hibbies dey be wrong :)

Go Mid :)

Also go Fallen Earth and Tiggs.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

One of the nicer people I've met gaming :)

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I like Tiggs (from back in SWG), but she sure moves around a lot. She does this as a business.

http://www.migsq.com/index.php

She was also Community Manager for Hellgate: London.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Glad to hear she's back.  Very nice lady.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Good ol' Tiggs

Usually if she's supporting a game, that game is at least half decent

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

"Good 'ol"? Hardly. I knew there was a reason I didn't like FE, now I know why. I didn't like her antics in SWG, and certainly didn't like her in Lotro beta either when she kept using her position to help her non-staff kinship.

It was specifically stated by other devs that devs couldn't be apart of non-staff kinships, yet somehow she always was above the rules. Most likely that's the  reason she has switched companies 3 different times in the past year and a half, she kept getting fired.

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by Czanrei

"Good 'ol"? Hardly. I knew there was a reason I didn't like FE, now I know why. I didn't like her antics in SWG, and certainly didn't like her in Lotro beta either when she kept using her position to help her non-staff kinship.

It was specifically stated by other devs that devs couldn't be apart of non-staff kinships, yet somehow she always was above the rules. Most likely that's the  reason she has switched companies 3 different times in the past year and a half, she kept getting fired.

Tiggs has spent the last 2 years as Community Manager for FE.

[Mod Edit]

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by kb056

Tiggs has spent the last 2 years as Community Manager for FE.

[Mod Edit]

Awe, common, he deserved the unedited version.

Actually Tiggs did work for SWG and LOTRO. Like Cz said though, she was a special sort of community element which generally brang people together and helped form some substantially supportive community elements. Thus the general love she gets.

Personally I had contact with her in SWG and had nothing but good things to say about her.  She is extremely tenacious and very VERY hard working. Something most of the studios she worked for praised openly. In anycase Cz is allowed his opinion. Thats the thing about people. Everyone runs things different in different manners. :)

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

You have no idea what you are talking about.

First, Tiggs has never been a Dev for any game company. She is a Community Manager. Her job is to deal directly with players. Thats why she was allowed for join a non-staff kinship.

Secondly she switched from 3 different companies because thats what her job entailed. She gets hired to essentially start up and lay the foundation for the CSR/GM and other Customer Support Departments. Then she moves on to another company.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• bobbyjrbobbyjr Member Posts: 119

And another game is about to bite teh dust.   Apart from it being a terrible game. (yes, i did try to play it for 2 months, then gave up in disgust)   Every game she has been linked with has died or fallen by the wayside shortly after.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

First, Tiggs has never been a Dev for any game company. She is a Community Manager. Her job is to deal directly with players. Thats why she was allowed for join a non-staff kinship.

Secondly she switched from 3 different companies because thats what her job entailed. She gets hired to essentially start up and lay the foundation for the CSR/GM and other Customer Support Departments. Then she moves on to another company.

------------------------------------

you couldnt be farther from the truth.  Apart from 1 job in the last few years, she has been fired from every single job she has..  Hell think back to her stint at SOE and afterwards on her livejournal. She openly admitted she got fired, and was not allowed to talk about it.   that has all the hallmarks of a contractual agreement upon dismissal for somethign SHE did wrong.

Well if I remember correctly her term was up for LOTRO. She was only a beta community manager. Which for the most part beside the guild controversy most people really liked her. Thus the positive reactions. Apparently she rubbed some people the wrong way. So it would seem she has left some enemies. Energetic and controversial. 

One statement bugs me though. How does Tiggs being a community manager cause someone not to like a game. The games developed by the devs. Not tigg. Now I suppose you mite like FE based off its community. That being said, I've found the GMs and community in FE to be extremely supportive and extremely friendly. To each there own I suppose. With the trials and various promotions Icarus has been using lately they actually have pulled in a considerable number subs. Hell my Clan went from a few dozen to hundreds of players. Most of them subs. Anyways, I like tiggs. Some don't. Guess thats just the nature of being human haha.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

So many misguided people on these forums who just don't stop to think about how dumb stuff they post actually sounds, sometimes, eh?

I especially find the "i dont like this game therefore it's going to die miserably in failure" fools hilarious.

As for Tiggs, as it was said, she isn't responsible for what the game is, but she doesn't usually jump on crap.. like you don't see tiggs doing mortal online now do you?

As for if she gets "fired" for being way too community orientated sometimes? How is that a bad thing from the community perspective? heh

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by bobbyjr

you couldnt be farther from the truth.  Apart from 1 job in the last few years, she has been fired from every single job she has..  Hell think back to her stint at SOE and afterwards on her livejournal. She openly admitted she got fired, and was not allowed to talk about it.   that has all the hallmarks of a contractual agreement upon dismissal for somethign SHE did wrong.

The thing she did wrong was NOT tow the company line regarding the NGE. Personally, as a player, that's the kind of community manager I'd prefer.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Tiggs is cool, she will always be somebody I respect for her stand with SWG.  Enough said.

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

And another game is about to bite teh dust.   Apart from it being a terrible game. (yes, i did try to play it for 2 months, then gave up in disgust)   Every game she has been linked with has died or fallen by the wayside shortly after.

Really??

SWG has died? It may not have the greatest sub numbers but it definitely isnt dead, and it has continued on for a long time since Tiggs left. As for LOTRO, you are even further off the mark. LOTRO has very healthy sub numbers and will more than likely be seeing a big influx of players shortly as the F2P model comes online. FE is not about to "bite the dust" any time soon either. The developers are active and have been making significant updates. They are not going into receivership as RTW (APB) is, nor are they clsoing down like Spellborn did. I understand that you are just trolling, and doing so gives you comfort, but at least try to incorporate one fact into your whining.

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by dragonbrand

Really??

SWG has died? It may not have the greatest sub numbers but it definitely isnt dead, and it has continued on for a long time since Tiggs left. As for LOTRO, you are even further off the mark. LOTRO has very healthy sub numbers and will more than likely be seeing a big influx of players shortly as the F2P model comes online. FE is not about to "bite the dust" any time soon either. The developers are active and have been making significant updates. They are not going into receivership as RTW (APB) is, nor are they clsoing down like Spellborn did. I understand that you are just trolling, and doing so gives you comfort, but at least try to incorporate one fact into your whining.

Yes swg is still around, however I left that game a long time ago.  I went to lotro and was actually in extra krispy kin on the beta server for a wile, but some of the folks I knew wanted to go to brandywine when open beta and early start got going.

I am not sure what happened between Tiggs and Turbine.  Probably the same thing that happened with me.  Lack of trust in what turbine is doing to their player base.

Yes and Fallen Earth it's OK I play it maybe once or twice a week when I need something different fix.

However I agree saying these games are dead is not so,  they might have declined quite a bit but I don't see the servers closing any time soon.

• Eighty7Eighty7 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Tiggs really gets around ;)