Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defying Gravity

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I got the DVD box a week ago and finished season 1, then began looking when season 2 would be released and to my suprise the series was canceld.

Wel it wasn't a serie like Star Trek or any other sci-fi space oriented serie, it took a much more realistic approuche, tho they did slide in some fantasy with Beta and Alpha being some sort of alien or what ever, but still it was done in a very realistic way and I highly enjoyed it, it wasn't action packed it was more of a drama sci fi series which I can also enjoy.

So anyone else feels they should have continued?

Other series I have enjoyed or am enjoying but awaiting new seasons are:

• 24 all seasons, wonder if they will make a series 9 as they said S8 was the last

• LOST awsome series just didn't really liked it's ending, wasn't satisfied

• Criminal Minds, geusse season 6 starts this fall?

• StarGate Universe, it took me a few eps to get into it. But it has grown on me

• Caprica, same as SGU, took a few eps....

• Smallville, while I felt like it started as a toothpaste commercial with perfect smiling people it actually has grown/matured allot.

• CSI off and on

• True Blood, a more mature version of VD

• Vampire Diaries, YES I enjoy the series image, think it's much MUCH better then Twilight Saga.

• Flashforward, not one of the best series but still very entertaining to me, think the cast needs to grow abit and get used on eachother

• Heroes, please let them make a season 5

• Leverage, like how scammer scam scammers.

• V the new series.

• Supernatural, kinda a open ending, I doubt evil can be gone that quick

Comments

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

I agree, I wish they'd at least do a season 2.  They left is so unfinished, and the show was top quality. 

Some other shows you might be interested in (as I have liked a few on your list):

1.  Spartacus: Blood and Sand -- Basically a gladiator series, but filmed similar to 300, with all the insane violence, sex and nudity you can imagine.  Great story that really sucks you in, with IMO, great acting. 

2.  Stargate SG-1 -- If you like SGU, then you must watch SG1, from start to finish.  Such an entertaining show with wonderful characters.  Probably my all-time favorite show.

3.  Stargate Atlantis -- After you finish SG1, then start on SGA.  Again, wonderfully entertaining show with awesome characters.  I rate this a close 2nd favorite for me. 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Most definitly wanna get the dvd box of Spartacus: Blood and Sand , it was/is aired on tv but tuned in to late and missed the first few eps, but highly intrested in it.

As for SG1 and SGA, got both complete dvd seasons so yes I highly enjoyed them.

Thanks.......

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

ABC canceling defying Gravity REALLY pist me off..

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Torchwood and Pillars of the Earth are a must see.

Torchwood Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYmtQfzueM

Pillars of the Earth Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3bUJroGNg

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

bugger i loved that show and was really looking forward to season 2.

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy