Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me pleaz?

jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

hi, i am as new as a new born baby in the world of online gaming and i need help logging on to,THE BATTLW FOR  M/E ? i'm on windows xp and it tell's me to press crtl and alt and delete, this puts me into a menu called TASK MANAGER there it say's i should leave just "taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe?

well my p.c is fairly new (about a month old) and i'm not sure i should be getting rid of all the other files which are in the task manager ? can some1 pleaz help? or is the solo game better?

Comments

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    me again, right i've installed THE BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH i can play it in solo but when i click on to mulitiplayer it tries to connect, but then a message appears saying i have a internet problem.....i have bought the game but yet i cant get on line, some1 plez help.........i installed a game called" EVE ONLINE " and did not have any trouble with that......? what can i do?image
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

well firstly this belongs in the general section since your asking for help about a single player game in the Middle Earth Online forum for the upcoming MMO about LoTR.

Secondly I would suggest you call Electronics Arts technical support or check the support section of their website so you get the proper answers and not people guessing. You can start here: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?

Good luck.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• Levithian_66Levithian_66 Member Posts: 143

Do you have a hard-ware firewall, eg a router? This may be the cause of your problems, as it was the cause of mine when i first played it... I had to open a port on my router so that the router knew I wanted to let that game to be able to access the network... Do you have a firewall(eg, Norton's Internet Security, not hardware firewall) that needs to be told to let Battle for Middle Earth to access the network as well... Other then those, I really see no other way that this is doing what it is...

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    thankyou  thankyou thankyou, this sounds like it, i have got norton security, and i do think this is my problem, is there a number i can call, i am so crap at finding my way round a p.c. to be honest i could do without the stress. EVE ONLINE was easy....image

Hehe, np guy was just trying to help you out, for the Number to call I really have no idea ::::37::

Hehe, np guy was just trying to help you out, for the Number to call I really have no idea ::::37::

Sorry! double post ::::25::