Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uncharted Waters Online Have you tired it?

2»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Originally posted by Asheram

POTBS is already out,been out for a bit its a subscription mmo hosted by SOE/station, you can go there and do a 14 day free trial and plenty of cheap boxes on ebay.I just started the trial- sure it has more bells and whistles but its a subscription based game thats too be expected.It is mostly a pvp game from what I hear.I still like UWO tho graphics are not bad and its free cant beat that with a stick.

Pirates of the Burning Sea launched in 2008.  Uncharted Waters Online launched in 2005.  Which released first is not in doubt.  What's different now is that the latter is finally being translated into English.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Trying the CBT atm, all i can say is, if you have some fond memories wih uncharted 1 and 2....you wont find those here.And yes it is similar to potbs in some sense.

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

Wow i skipped a day and the thread is this long already

Well to start with NETMarble has fixed the plugin error so thats settled

This game came out 5yrs ago and currently released the first version of the game meaning 1.0 so expect there to be a lack of content, but also expect fast adding content worth ofcourse 5yrs and also expect a low bug rate on the game itself

tho i admit its not as close as the SNES game Duh!!! that was a console game and a single player too

UWO offers a lot of unique gameplay at tries to incorporate as much as it can from the seriesif your such a fan of UWO why not try the MMO version before you start bashing it.

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

A big part of this game's success is going to hinge on how/if they deal with multi-clienting and farming. Too much of the game stands to get broken otherwise. Two days into CBT, there were already issues arising. Hoping to see some improvements in that respect, once OBT begins.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

• candycoatedcandycoated Member Posts: 86

It seems both the community and the GMs are very strict and working together against those cheaters and multis and they aslo seem to take action very quickly so im quite sure it will work out