Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are some of the things you love most about this game?

2»

Comments

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

thinking of trying it again to see how the population is these days :)

always loved this game.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

how IS the population these days?  a few people mentioned it being low, but sounded like former players speaking of when they were playing in the past.

didn't they merge everybody down to one server recently? 

decently populated now?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

Originally posted by corpusc

how IS the population these days?  a few people mentioned it being low, but sounded like former players speaking of when they were playing in the past.

didn't they merge everybody down to one server recently? 

decently populated now?

i its true......that server have been merged then i am back in the game for sure.....going to check to see if the website show anything about a merge...

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Yep theres 2 servers now. Telon and Halgar (EU).

another thing I loved is that you could fish off a 1km waterfall, so that you couldn't even see the bober to be able to catch any fish lol :)

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Yep theres 2 servers now. Telon for PvEand Halgar for PvP.

another thing I loved is that you could fish off a 1km waterfall, so that you couldn't even see the bober to be able to catch any fish lol :)

Ummm Halgar is the EU PVE server, there is no PVP servers anymore.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• JustinBeiberJustinBeiber Member Posts: 8

Hi, Justin Beiber here! Love you all. My manager gave me permission to post this.

I find Vanguard is a lot more populated than it used to be. Not only because there is only one server...but on the Isle and even on the Mainland of both Thestra and Qalia...I have personally seen TONS of returnees and even lots of new players joining in. May be worth another look, as from what I've seen, the population is doing a lot better.

As for my favorite thing about this game...

The HUGE world. Tons of stuff to explore. Awesome classes. Awesome races. Amazing cities.

I love exploring in Telon. :)

From Justin Beiber. <3 to my fans.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I enjoy the combat and the fact that you can completely immerse yourself into that world. I also love some of the more interesting quest  and some of the flying mounts. I also enjoy the diplomacy, although I can see why some people wouldn't.

What I don't like is that the lack of diverse content. I don't mean adventuring quests or whatever, I mean things like collections you have on EQ2 - something that gives the game an extra layer. I'm also not to big a fan of the character models and there are areas of the game that are truly, spectacularly bland.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Back when I still played, I liked especially:

- Extremely fun to play classes - very complex, you had to think to play them, they where very interactive (reactions, critical chains, exploiting weaknesses etc), every one of them was completely different again, everyone had its place in groups and raids.

- Extreme viewing distances.

- No instancing.

- Extremely large game world.

- Extreme amount of content on all levels. I never managed to see it all !

- Very complex and powerful crafting system.

- Realistic graphics, very lovely designs (like: Halfling Houses really looked like in LotR etc).

In short, it was pretty much the perfect classical MMO.

Things I missed:

- Good PvP

- More sandbox elements ... it only had Housing and Mounts / Ships.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Torgrim

Wait ... the EU Server is still up ??? OMG.

If thats true, I can still play ! I had no idea !

Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by Torgrim

Wait ... the EU Server is still up ??? OMG.

If thats true, I can still play ! I had no idea !

on the server it only showed two us servers....are there EU server(s) still??

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

the card game was awesome.....

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

diplomacy and crafting

both are more then just "click and wait",

diplomacy is incredibly well thought through (getting bits of informations as a rewards, which can be then traded for items, getting through dialog via the card game which means, that only if you win, you see the whole dialog, different types of possible replays (cards) in different types of "dialogs" (e.g. no Demand type of replays possible in Entertainment dialog), increasing reputation with different social groups etc etc.

crafting is great in that the result is based on actions you choose during the crafting process