Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bring your kicking boots and brown paper bag (Mourning)

RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Well I know this is like done to death now. But the Irony of the latest developments was not lost on me and I imagine it will give some of the other folks who followed this as closely as I have some mirth too.

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=19290

You will need your kicking boots to give this dead horse another seeing too....

You will need your brown paper pacifier breather bag to save you from choking to death on your own laughter. image

*strongly resists all urges to type anything remotely resembling an "I told ya so"*

<note> bit of dupe threading sorry .... but this is newer image

+-+-+-+-+-+
"MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
http://purepwnage.com
-+-+-+-+-+-+
"Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

So are they actually shipping the game? I'd like to know if anyone actually recieves it. If they don't then there's something. If not the whining is over nothing, but still it is odd to charge for a game that hasn't even shipped yet.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239
    unreal. someone please shoot these people. then give a good company the game mourning.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• dingofxdingofx Member Posts: 60

I so saw this coming! image

Funny!!!!!

Shadow Exile

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
    So are they actually shipping the game? I'd like to know if anyone actually recieves it. If they don't then there's something. If not the whining is over nothing, but still it is odd to charge for a game that hasn't even shipped yet.

Yea, according to ego's post, they charged the credit cards for the pre-order and they will ship the game in 1-4 weeks.

lol

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

And 1 - 4 weeks of Mourning time is similar to the return of Christ on Christian time...

Any minute now..................................

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Whats funny is what happens if suddenly the Mourning website vanishes? HAHA what can you do?

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Whats werid is the Dave and Ego refuses to make a offical statement lol. 3 days- you got charaged and they admited you will play a late alpha and no comment. Classy Act!

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

The game is dead in the water now...they'll never recover.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Charge now......... delivery at some indeterminate time in the future, somewhere btween 1 and 4 weeks.

"that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet"

Juliet - Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare)

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

Er, that was the basis on which people pre-ordered. That they'd get to play the game before retail but that they'd be charged for it.

It was always fairly obvious they needed the money- why else would they come up with something like that.

Many of the Mourning community are willing to support the game while its completed because Mourning has the PvP they want and that nothing else offers at the moment. I respect them for that choice.

Why not pay to develop a game that you will want to play rather than pay for EQ2/WoW which you don't really want to play anyway??

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

I warned everyone. I even called out the devs to release me from harm by giving me permission to post my proof that they are complete liars. It was even brought to their attention on their forums FOUR TIMES. Not once did they acknowledge it.

Funny ... if they knew I was full of crap they'd obviously have let me post up my 'lies' haha.

This one has had 'issues' written all over it for more than a year, so I dont feel even remotely sorry for anyone that gets screwed by them at this point.

Malianea

• BilasBilas Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by stav1

Er, that was the basis on which people pre-ordered. That they'd get to play the game before retail but that they'd be charged for it.
    It was always fairly obvious they needed the money- why else would they come up with something like that.
    Many of the Mourning community are willing to support the game while its completed because Mourning has the PvP they want and that nothing else offers at the moment. I respect them for that choice.
    Why not pay to develop a game that you will want to play rather than pay for EQ2/WoW which you don't really want to play anyway??

OMG what a load!  You are being sarcastic right??  If not wow!  Yes I will pay all the developers... Lets see you need a 20 spot... Here  you get 50.... What is the matter with people!  I did not pay Blizzard a thing and I am sorry to disapoint you but I really enjoy that game.  I think the same goes for the EQ2 people.  Hey Stav1 you getting a cut of the money?  Im sorry to tell you but I work hard for my money and want to spend it on what I think is good!  If the devs do a good job they will make there money and then some so I am sorry if I will not give them money so they can *possible* make a game!

LoL image

Bilas

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?"

If people wanted to make a donation why not Shriners instead of shady creators of Mourning?

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by Razorback
    Charge now......... delivery at some indeterminate time in the future, somewhere btween 1 and 4 weeks.
    "that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet"
    Juliet - Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare)

Usual Ego bollocks.

If the game is gonna be available for delivery next week, then it needs to be a client to download today.

Unfortunately there s no client to download atm, except for the Beta one (which very few people had the "pleasure" to download).

So unless you gonna receive a boxed product with a Beta Client in it, there is no game shipped to you in the near future.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Some Red Flags:

! This is very different from most reliable companies.

1) You are paying to get a beta/alpha for 30 dollars. All other companies give you a pre-order for about 5-10 dollars, which works for getting the real game at release and at the same time getting a beta. However, for Mourning, theres going to be no real game, only a poor beta/alpha game(w/ updates).
    2) You want to trust the company you give your CC number too. When a company unauthorizingly charages you without warning or a major annocment on the site, then refuses to cancel/change/refund orders something is very wrong. This is following after a promise that told everyone "We will not charage until the game is shipped". Now you have to wait 4 weeks Internet Services is also a nice name for a charage.
    3) You were promised a game for 30 dollars, not a late alpha w/ login errors.
    4) Once you are charaged for the game, for 2 days they give so little info.
    5) NDA is still up after you are charaged for the game. 30 dollars gone, yet you cannot even talk about the game. Looks like someone is hiding something......

! Now- even if it does release soon, ego said you will pay for a beta game. Since it is download only- many are starting to believe that the Beta IS the game. Whats so funny, is the beta is unstable and unplayable right now. 3 Hour Record is HELLY COOL!

>>>>>>>>And yes, you will pay to play a game that still should be in an alpha/beta stage. It should never get to this but this was our limit of competence...Egomancer>>>>>>>>

! Your logic is about this "Well I got stolen from, but its going to a up and coming mmorg company:)", which in logical makes about as much sense as "I got beaten up and stolen from a homeless person, but they need the money more than me!". Stealing is Wrong and Unethical regardless.

• BilasBilas Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Grunch
    If people wanted to make a donation why not Shriners instead of shady creators of Mourning?

And remember your donation is tax deductible!image

Please give to the *UDM* United Developers of Mourning,  all donations will be accepted! 

Just know your money is going to a good cause!

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?"

• LrdHadesLrdHades Member UncommonPosts: 164

This will probably surprass AO as the worst MMO launch ever.

Supreme Leader Hades
    The Imperial Aces
    Discord: https://discord.gg/CjBP4dc

Look i played the beta and cancelled my pre-order for various reaons.

Anyone could have done the same. There are no excuses if you're just half asleep.

To support a game whose ideas you believe in, even if that means supporting the game through a "beta" retail release, is in my opinion admirable.

Obviously none of you would do it. Either cos you just haven't found a game that really grabs you or you're all too jaded image

I'm fairly sure Mourning will end up being a good PvP game- if any of you idiots give it a chance to survive without this constant monkey chatter.

O so we have a beta tester do we!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image stav1, I really doubt that your just some beta tester who loves the game. Your probably running or work for this Mourning SCAM. If you look at all the evidence, this whole Mourning project is "shady".

Maybe you can ask one of the developers (And Not Yourself...) to come explain all these allegations and shed some light on the whole situation.

Shadow Exile

Anyone could have done the same. There are no excuses if you're just half asleep.
    To support a game whose ideas you believe in, even if that means supporting the game through a "beta" retail release, is in my opinion admirable.
    Obviously none of you would do it. Either cos you just haven't found a game that really grabs you or you're all too jaded image
    I'm fairly sure Mourning will end up being a good PvP game- if any of you idiots give it a chance to survive without this constant monkey chatter.

They must love you at car dealerships. The thing is this is not a "plz donate money to me so I can make you a uber game" thing. Like I said if I wanted to make a donation to somthing it would probably be Shriners Hospital and not LLC. So are we "jaded", or just smart consumers? I know you are in beta but you can't say anything because the all mighty NDA. Honestly I feel as if all these people that claim to be in beta are either lieing for attention or LLC employees themselves.

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83

One thing is to demand money from the people beta testing the game. Another thing is to charge them without notification, and not making any official statement of it whatsoever. Neither does the 'greatness' of the game, nor the financial situation of the developers, matter in this case. They are still not justfied in scamming people left and right.

-Pi

People who pre-ordered knew they were going to be charged when they were playing the game. And that need not be when the game physically shipped.

While the charging of cc's was done in a disorganised fashion without full communication by the devs, quite frankly that does't suprise me- the Mourning crew have always had exceedingly bad management skills. But that doesn't man the game is  a scam.

All these scam posts are just being made as a way to say "we told you so". So that you can all congratulate each other on your past perception about Mourning which you now all shout have been validated. That's what all the posts in this thread are about. Your wishing the game was a scam so you can prove how very clever you all are.

Unfortunately for you its not a scam- the game is in beta, i and many others have played it. I can tell you the game is incomplete, has great potential but it is certainly not a scam.

Originally posted by dingofx

O so we have a beta tester do we!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image stav1, I really doubt that your just some beta tester who loves the game. Your probably running or work for this Mourning SCAM. If you look at all the evidence, this whole Mourning project is "shady".

Maybe you can ask one of the developers (And Not Yourself...) to come explain all these allegations and shed some light on the whole situation.

Dingo my friend,

I certainly wouldn't dignify your post either by replying directly myself or asking anyone else to reply for me. Frankly i only reply to posts where the poster has a minimum IQ of 45. You fail even this generous criterion.

• ChlerubChlerub Member UncommonPosts: 21

I´m not a beta tester. I followed Mourning (aka Realms of Torment) for almost 2 years now. Silently, as in "never did a single post, just read em".

The concept is great. Period. But besides the whole billing issue there are so many other points that make the game and especially the company behind it look like perfect amateurs.

1. Take a look at the official website. Is it in any way presenting a "game"? Is the information about the "game" accessable? Is it categorized, easy to find and good to read? Definately not. To me this site looks rather poor and unfinished. It doesn´t even give me the feeling that there is a "real game". It´s just a forum with loads of horrible information. Leaves such a bitter taste, i bet first time visitors run and never return.

2. Developers are constantly hiding. There is a single developer who gives thoughtless comments to serious problems on a few occasions. Does that seem professional to anyone of you? Yes? Well...take a look at the development team of EVE Online (for example) and their stance towards community and feedback during alpha and beta phases. Now think again. Go figure.

3. Bans, bans, bans. The forum (which in fact contains all the availabe official Lore of Mourning, a game which is announced to ship TODAY) is one big mess. There used to be some loyal followers, but with the current fraud that base is currently shrinking as well. Mourning forum is the WORST forum i´ve ever seen. Flamewars, trolls, bans, you name it.

So, not to show just one side of the story. I´m a programmer myself and i understand the challenges of such a project. As said, the concept is really good and it´s absolutely doable. I have full faith in the developers passion and enthusiasm when it comes to making the game as good as it can get.

The point is: Do they really think they can release a commercial game with such a lame marketing, presentation, support, feedback and organization? Do they? I never...and that´s just sad. Nothing else but sad. image

Originally posted by dingofx

Dingo my friend,

I certainly wouldn't dignify your post either by replying directly myself or asking anyone else to reply for me. Frankly i only reply to posts where the poster has a minimum IQ of 45. You fail even this generous criterion.

Ouch, an attack on my intelligence. Who’s beta testing an imaginary game? In my opinion you should seek counseling immediately.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Now stop being ignorant and answer, or get one of the Mourning Devs to answer, to some of these allegations. My initial post was not an attack on you. I only want some of these questions to be answered and you seem to have the closest connections to these Mourning Devs (Frauds *cough*).

Where are the other beta testers? You’re the first I’ve heard from.

Shadow Exile