Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

irony

Everyone says they will play if more people played lol:... think about it

Comments

• wicked45wicked45 Member Posts: 59

Yea man...I'd be playing right now if there were more people! :)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

There are plenty of players now. Get in here!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202

Same.  It's a tough spot to be in.  Sony has to do something to draw people in.

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

Yeah, that's sad. But hey, game is just dead and that is the worst thing in MMOs -> we play them to interact weith pepole, huh? If VG would go f2p, who would know how would it look.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

I am glad that I am not one of "those people", I would have missed out on a truly great experience.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by justtires

It's ironic, but talk is cheap.  Meaning, when it comes down to it, when it comes down to you whipping that credit card out to pay for the subscription, most people don't do it.  So it's a lot easier and cheaper to post on the forum and say "I will play if more people are playing".

This is where you realize the difference between talking and walking.  People say a lot of stuff on the forums, but most people don't walk the walk.  I remember when Vanguard first came out, and there were tons of e-tough guys saying they want a *hardcore* FFA PvP server.  So Sigil released a FFA PvP server, pretty hardcore, and guess what?  Those loud mouth didn't last even a couple of months before they went back to whatever games they were playing before.

I mean if people really want something, wouldn't you think supporting the game by staying subscribed would give it a better chance at succeeding and getting better?  The forum loud mouths posted tons of stuff pre-VG launch, and I watched many of them leave the game after finding out that they just aren't as hardcore as they claim lol.  Yeah, sucks you can't level because you keep getting killed over and over in a FFA PvP game without instances huh?  You want hardcore?  Really seriously?

Anyways, I relate that to people who say they will play Vanguard if there were more people playing.  If people want to play vanguard they would be playing it.  If they aren't playing now, I doubt they'll play it later.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I have always said that I will play once they fix the toon models and animation image

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• sebbonxsebbonx Member Posts: 318

I would play, SOE must pay me $14.95 a month though.

This game sucks bad enough to require to be paid to suffer through it.

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

It same way with voting. "I aint voting for him because he has no chance of winning".

Really though people play mmos to meet and go on adventures with people. even though I hope that not the only reason they are playing this trash of a game.

Also I wonder whose bright idea to have story driven non instance dungeons. The first dungeon turn me off. There no reason that shouldnt of been instanced. I can understand leveling places whith unique stuff to explore but a group base quest dungeon should be instance or phased in today gen of gaming.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Originally posted by Devalon

It same way with voting. "I aint voting for him because he has no chance of winning".

Really though people play mmos to meet and go on adventures with people. even though I hope that not the only reason they are playing this trash of a game.

Also I wonder whose bright idea to have story driven non instance dungeons. The first dungeon turn me off. There no reason that shouldnt of been instanced. I can understand leveling places whith unique stuff to explore but a group base quest dungeon should be instance or phased in today gen of gaming.

Everything you've said is an opinion. Just like this, instancing sucks. Look at that, wow ; an opinion. Who knew? Anyway, instances are for games like WoW where people want instant gratification. You can go in without worry of anyone else and get your gear.  Vanguard isn't one of those games. You actually have to work together with the community instead of just ignoring it like you can in newer MMO's. VG has a old feel to it which in my opinion many older MMOer's like. Alas, because of lack of funding and a general lack of caring by SOE Vanguard will never be the game it could have been. Oh yeah, I still do play just not as much as I used to.

Originally posted by Devalon

I prefer it open. To each their own.

Originally posted by sebbonx

I would play, SOE must pay me $14.95 a month though.

This game sucks bad enough to require to be paid to suffer through it.

What's so bad about it?

I'm really curious, I play it frequently and have a lot of fun and don't see any reason that it should be considered worse off than games like WAR or AoC other than the fact that we won't get any new content. Doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy what's already there.

Originally posted by SgtFrog

I have always said that I will play once they fix the toon models and animation image

They updated them in 2008...are you referring to updating these or the old ones?

Off topic: Can we PLEASE get a multi-quote button?!

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

It would've been interesting as hell had SOE opted to turn Vanguard, a dying game that they plan to kill in the future, into a F2P experiment rather than well known Everquest 2. Of course we all know that Vanguard is poor man's EQ2... only better despite having a skeleton crew working on it and without the years of Lore behind it. ;)

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

Vanguard is a sweet game, I just don't have the funds to spend right now to play it :(

I wish it we're f2p like ddo instead of the eq2 route....this game is fun as shit.

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

I'd play if they redo the character models and let me start anywhere but that crappy new starter island.

Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by SgtFrog

They updated them in 2008...are you referring to updating these or the old ones?

I was disappointed with the redone models in 08, I was expecting so much more

They were pretty much exactly the same. 

• smlambsmlamb Member Posts: 3

Its a combination of a low population and the level spread is too far. Only a great number of new subscribers would be the solution.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Getting people united at the same time is up to SOE....Bottom line !

Think about it.  How else ? In fact I remember someone trying to take the ball and run with it  here on this forum.  He got about 3 replies.  you know why he only got 3 replies ?  Because everyone knows only the makers of the game can do it.

Will SOE ever unite the players back to Vanguard....Never...They suck !

On another note :

I have a friend that has two other friends looking to start over on an MMO. They are thinking about D&D Online. I asked them to give the Vanguard trial a shot. If they do I'll have some friends to play with :)

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by smlamb

Its a combination of a low population and the level spread is too far. Only a great number of new subscribers would be the solution.

Or just simple server mergers. Seriously, Vanguard has a HUGE world, but it really does feel empty when you have already small community spread out over multiple servers (although I imagine they've already cut them down to smaller number from the last time I've played). Hell, there are probably so few players right now that they could even experiment with 1 server for US and 1 for EU to group the players.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Originally posted by Methos12

Originally posted by smlamb

Or just simple server mergers. Seriously, Vanguard has a HUGE world, but it really does feel empty when you have already small community spread out over multiple servers (although I imagine they've already cut them down to smaller number from the last time I've played). Hell, there are probably so few players right now that they could even experiment with 1 server for US and 1 for EU to group the players.

I think they only have one server total now.

EDIT: My bad Telon and Halgar are the only servers left now so two. 

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

I am one of those people who also likes VG, but doesn't play it anymore.  I had a lot of trouble bridging the 40-50 gap.  Too few people and the difficulty scaled too quickly for my poor monk to survive.  Most namely, doing quests for decent gear for that level range became impossible and I was forced to give up.

But considering that I took a jump over to SOE's official site and saw that the development page had been last updated on 7/15/2009, I just can't bring myself to revisit VG as much as I am tempted.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I have a theory about the whole 'play if more played' thing. My theory is, it's bollox.

I think that many people look at games like VG now and know it's a decent game with what would be, fun gameplay and an engrossing world but then think "sod that, seems like a lot of effort". In short so many other mmo's so require little effort or thought to play that anything that might require you to at least look at the screen every now and then is just too much like work.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

There were times in vanguards history when the game didn't have population problems and people still quit.  The problem isn't low population keeping the game down, that is the result of the game losing players.

Like Page said earlier, it is up to soe to entice people to play the game and they are not delivering on that.  Sadly a lot of people stayed away from the game, because they were afraid soe was going to kill it and that is pretty much what is happening.