Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for the great mmo!

seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

Oi people! I just left aion too, yeh im in the space again. I'm looking for a mmo that will finally finish my hunger to pvp

I want pvp like warhammer i mean fun and rewarding.Where u earn stuff by doing pvp and doesnt matter sci-fi or fantasy.

I want it to be p2p knowing that majority of f2p ones suck at pvp

I played like a zillion of mmo searching for the perfect one though still there might be ones i jumped through and ones that i can still have fun with

Pvp is all i want

pls dont mention : wow , darkfall , MO and stuff like darkfall i mean hardcore

Thx in advance ^^

Comments

• oldergamer59oldergamer59 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by seigard

Oi people! I just left aion too, yeh im in the space again. I'm looking for a mmo that will finally finish my hunger to pvp

I want pvp like warhammer i mean fun and rewarding.Where u earn stuff by doing pvp and doesnt matter sci-fi or fantasy.

I played like a zillion of mmo searching for the perfect one though still there might be ones i jumped through and ones that i can still have fun with

Pvp is all i want

Thx in advance ^^

Nothing. You pretty much eliminated everything with your criteria.

• PudsyPudsy Member Posts: 34

World of Warcraft

lol

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com

The best PvP I've experienced.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

I tried daoc but i couldnt access to pvp in early game so i immidiately logged off lol. I couldnt even manage to log off lol. So is daoc like warhammer cus the same company. And what about GW how's it? fits on my criterias?

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

What didn't you like about WAR that made you leave?

GW pvp might be what you want, you can get a free trial for it and see if its what you want.  Otherwise you might want to try out some online action games like s4 league and such since its all pvp.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

Like almost all games, there is a tutorial zone to start out with so you can learn how the game works. The instant you leave the newbie zone you can go straight to the PvP areas. That being said, you can leave the newbie area anytime you want to. There is no limit on how long you have to stay. I would suggest maybe slowing down a bit and enjoying a game for all that it has to offer, not just the PvP. Otherwise, you can go play Team Fortress. No storyline, no leveling, no brain effort needed. Just good ol' neanderthall twitch reflexes and an internet connection.

Well yeah ill sure try Daoc again

Oh and WAR i left it cus of that land of the dead thing. They called it ubar patch we waited for it alot and what u get? stupid pve patch in a pvp oriented game. Also population was going down

• Originally posted by seigard

Oh and WAR i left it cus of that land of the dead thing. They called it ubar patch we waited for it alot and what u get? stupid pve patch in a pvp oriented game. Also population was going down

What server did you play on? cause from what I keep hearing badlands has a very good pop.

Glad to hear you are going to give it a better shot. I forgot tat the real PvP doesn't start until around level 15-25 I think it was. But don't be afraid to wait that long. It will still take a little time for you to figure out your class. Once you get there, I think you might be pleasently surprised. Real time visual destruction of keeps, seige weapons from scorpions (static crossbows) to GIGANTIC trebuchets, stealth characters appearing out of nowhere, players scaling walls, battles on each side of the rivers, fireballs exploding, and the sound effects (steel hitting steel, people screaming out, etc..)... Very exciting stuff.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Belshazzaar

What server did you play on? cause from what I keep hearing badlands has a very good pop.

I was on karak norn

Originally posted by Mithios

Glad to hear you are going to give it a better shot. I forgot tat the real PvP doesn't start until around level 15-25 I think it was. But don't be afraid to wait that long. It will still take a little time for you to figure out your class. Once you get there, I think you might be pleasently surprised. Real time visual destruction of keeps, seige weapons from scorpions (static crossbows) to GIGANTIC trebuchets, stealth characters appearing out of nowhere, players scaling walls, battles on each side of the rivers, fireballs exploding, and the sound effects (steel hitting steel, people screaming out, etc..)... Very exciting stuff.

Sounds impressive but is it still populated?

• DrilDril Member Posts: 107

Sounds impressive but is it still populated?

I resubbed to WAR 3 weeks ago (I quit, but that's another story. In a nutshell: gear, levels and combat are all shit for a PvP MMO) and Tier 2 was reasonable on one server, Tier 3 was a bit dead on the other. I forget which is which, but I was Karak Azgal and Karak Norn; although having said that Tier 4 seemed reasonable active but not super massive.

If you do resub bear in mind that it's in Mythic's hand now and your account will be accountname_EUR

RIFT was a *crushing* disappointment; a shallow, loveless, generic MMO the likes of which hasn't been seen in a P2P format since, well, forever.

Eagerly awaiting: World of Darkness, ArcheAge.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm curious about clarifying what you would find stimulating.

You want an MMO world where there are rewards, yet there is also where you can jump in the moment you start playing and have a role.

It strikes me that this must be difficult to accomplish in any game where there is character development - it would be hard to maintain a continuum of PvP at all levels unless people were constantly starting over.  So either you'd have to have some incentive to constantly be starting new characters or characters would have to not really advance in power.

Could you find enjoyment in a game where the rewards did not directly affect your PvP power.  That is to say, all the character development happens in how you create your character - once you step into the world, the character you've created never gains levels, never gains skills, never gets better gear, but the rewards open up titles, roles, decorations, minigames, etc?  A game where the PvP itself, no matter how long you have played, is entirely dependant on your skill as player, never the amount the character has advanced or things he's picked up?

• naljameesnaljamees Member Posts: 9

Srsly, noone mentioned EvE? I recommend you give it a try, you should try and find someone from eve subforum who would give you an extra week of trial time (21days instead of 14). I really recommend it, my trial is just ending and I'm really considering buying it.

Originally posted by naljamees

Srsly, noone mentioned EvE? I recommend you give it a try, you should try and find someone from eve subforum who would give you an extra week of trial time (21days instead of 14). I really recommend it, my trial is just ending and I'm really considering buying it.

I really didnt like it . I mean it is not what im looking for. ty for the suggestion anyway :D

• WarsongWarsong Member Posts: 563

Pvp is all i want

Thx in advance ^^

My whole guild (100+) feel the same, we are looking at Tera next for PvP (most are playing League of Legends to pass the time)

Tera isn't releasing until Q1 for NA I believe so we may give DC universe a shot, but nothing serious there (not planning on staying in DC...just passing the time).

Looks like we may also play GW2 next year as well as SWTOR and Rift...yes we are a multi gaming guild and those are our planned projections. As to what we stick with...than would depend on how much PvP is going on (the more the better) and how fun the game is overall.

Originally posted by maplestone

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm curious about clarifying what you would find stimulating.

You want an MMO world where there are rewards, yet there is also where you can jump in the moment you start playing and have a role.

It strikes me that this must be difficult to accomplish in any game where there is character development - it would be hard to maintain a continuum of PvP at all levels unless people were constantly starting over.  So either you'd have to have some incentive to constantly be starting new characters or characters would have to not really advance in power.

Could you find enjoyment in a game where the rewards did not directly affect your PvP power.  That is to say, all the character development happens in how you create your character - once you step into the world, the character you've created never gains levels, never gains skills, never gets better gear, but the rewards open up titles, roles, decorations, minigames, etc?  A game where the PvP itself, no matter how long you have played, is entirely dependant on your skill as player, never the amount the character has advanced or things he's picked up?

Well at first thx alot for an awesome post :D. acctually what im looking for is reputation , infamy and all the things that show your power like "oh seigard is coming to the battlefield" . Not that im egoist or something, i just like to get what i deserve , unlike pve games ; u maybe get nothing decent by doing instance for 50 times but a guy gets it in the 1st try , but in pvp games ur power and skill talks . For example in WAR i had some accesories like skulls on my armor which shows that i killed 1000 humans.I want a game where there is unreachable like sovereign set in warhammer which requires you to be god in pvp. Im a power maniac i know lol but how i have fun is by killing players and finding some challanges :D And my only hope about a game like this is again warhammer but 40k one . Warhammer 40k dark millenium online . damn long await begins :/

Originally posted by Warsong

Pvp is all i want

Thx in advance ^^

My whole guild (100+) feel the same, we are looking at Tera next for PvP (most are playing League of Legends to pass the time)

Tera isn't releasing until Q1 for NA I believe so we may give DC universe a shot, but nothing serious there (not planning on staying in DC...just passing the time).

Looks like we may also play GW2 next year as well as SWTOR and Rift...yes we are a multi gaming guild and those are our planned projections. As to what we stick with...than would depend on how much PvP is going on (the more the better) and how fun the game is overall.

It is awesome to see there are 100+ ppl like me lol . Bt i dont think TERA will be a pvp game . I think it will be group pve game. But thats just my personal thingy. Well anyways i'd love to join ur guild if u need someone. Im passin time with LoL and global agenda . btw im waiting for 2013 rofl . hope the world doesnt end at 2012 so i can play it :9

• WarsongWarsong Member Posts: 563

Originally posted by Warsong

Pvp is all i want

Thx in advance ^^

It is awesome to see there are 100+ ppl like me lol . Bt i dont think TERA will be a pvp game . I think it will be group pve game. But thats just my personal thingy. Well anyways i'd love to join ur guild if u need someone. Im passin time with LoL and global agenda . btw im waiting for 2013 rofl . hope the world doesnt end at 2012 so i can play it :9

Tera will have PvP and PvE servers, I have been active both on the Tera forums and teratactics.com (teratactics is a newer fansite), but I'm activly giving my opinions towards having lots of PvP and as open as possible there. Most of us only applied for the next round of testing that is coming up soon, but I'm confident some of us have a good chance to get in it and voice our concerns there as well. (plus we just recruited one of the current testers as well as having ties with some others).

I saw you list WH40K :P I already started tracking it and posting info to our forums...I plan to try and get in early on it's development.

As far as joining the guild, I am the founder so I will accept your application(for review) as our Tera apps are currently closed....just mention on the app that I sent you and choose one of the other game options. The guild reviews all apps as a whole and we are straight forward and blunt, no BS here :)

http://www.piratelords.com/

There is the link to our site, but whatever you do have fun.