Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DARKSIDER 2 Ohhhh Snap

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

its on the way

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• HaegemonHaegemon Member UncommonPosts: 267

As cool as Darksiders 2 will be, keep this in mind before trying to start a hype-machine on it:

1.   It's probably not going to come out/get much to any press-preview time until Vigil gets 40K:DMO out, which is good since they'll also have all the new engine updates/fixes from that going into the sequel.

2. That image was release in mid-'08 I believe, so while not to discredit how cool having the other 3 horsemen in the mix, it's not any sort of "Breaking News" kind of release either...

Lets Push Things Forward

I knew I would live to design games at age 7, issue 5 of Nintendo Power.

Support games with subs when you believe in their potential, even in spite of their flaws.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by Haegemon

As cool as Darksiders 2 will be, keep this in mind before trying to start a hype-machine on it:

1.   It's probably not going to come out/get much to any press-preview time until Vigil gets 40K:DMO out, which is good since they'll also have all the new engine updates/fixes from that going into the sequel.

2. That image was release in mid-'08 I believe, so while not to discredit how cool having the other 3 horsemen in the mix, it's not any sort of "Breaking News" kind of release either...

4. The first one wasn't very good anyhow.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by n00bit

The first game was near flawless... Only reason people gVe thegame shit was due to it copying from a few games. In Non-mmo gaming you have no chance at a high critic rating if you copycat.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by n00bit

The first game was near flawless... Only reason people gVe thegame shit was due to it copying from a few games. In Non-mmo gaming you have no chance at a high critic rating if you copycat.

that was one of the best games i have ever played.  it was like zelda, but with this thing called combat.