Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame PVP & Open World & And good crafting

berkteamberkteam Member Posts: 8

-pvp

-open world

-good crafting system on epic grinding

-pk system

i dont like asian mmos btw

thanks for recommends

Comments

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

give Fallen Earth a try

Godz of War I call Thee

• berkteamberkteam Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by waveslayer

give Fallen Earth a try

lol i mean games like you use magic and swords

thanks anyway tho

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

Originally posted by berkteam

Originally posted by waveslayer

give Fallen Earth a try

lol i mean games like you use magic and swords

thanks anyway tho

well maybe you need to be very specific in what you are looking for, FE has magic ala mutations as well as swords, but  if its actually high fantasy that you mean, then maybe Darkfall would be more what your looking for...there are not many games that fit what little criteria you have stated thus far and the more specific you get the less choices there is going to be, if any at all.

Godz of War I call Thee

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I would say Mortal Online, it is abit buggy but it is still fun.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Vanguard is probably a good choice, best crafting, open world and PvP servers.

Otherwise you should probably wait for Guildwars 2.

Darkfall and Mortal online have all the things you want but I don't know about the "good" thing. Both are indie games with it's bugs and problems even if both have their good things too. MOs crafting is better while DF have some nice larger battles.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Isn't it interesting that we can recommend practically no new games to the OP (barring the two niche FP games, Darkfall and MO) when the fundamentals of the MMO used to be considered these very things?

Age Of Conan - not open world

Lord of the Rings Online - no open world PVP & PKing

Vanguard - PVE game (isn't the PVP server being merged?) 

WOW - mostly fits the bill, but crafting system very basic, open world PVP not really busy

Warhammer Online - again, crafting system much too basic

Everquest II - not really open world, does have a PVP server which imo is underwhelming

Now, because the OP eliminates Asian-produced games like Lineage II and Aion... 

The best  recommendations would actually be Ultima Online, Asheron's Call and Dark Age of Camelot! :) The newest of which is almost 10 years old! How about that? :)

Originally posted by solarine

Isn't it interesting that we can recommend practically no new games to the OP (EDIT: barring the two FP games, Darkfall and MO) when the fundamentals of the MMO used to be considered these very things?

WOW - mostly fits the bill, but crafting system very basic, open world PVP not really busy

Everquest II - not really open world, does have a PVP server which imo is underwhelming

The best  recommendations would actually be Ultima Online, Asheron's Call and Dark Age of Camelot! :) The newest of which is almost 10 years old! How about that? :)

Didn't DaoC also have somewhat weak crafting or do my memory fail me? Was a long time ago.

I havn't heard anything about merging of VGs PvP server but it is not impossible, it was still the only playable game with open world and good crafting I could think of... But now when I think a bit more there is actually another one... RYZOM.

It is sad that so few good open MMOs exists, but at least GW2 should add one, that mist PvP sounds great and a bit influenced by DaoC in some ways. :)

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Originally posted by Loke666

Isn't it interesting that we can recommend practically no new games to the OP (EDIT: barring the two FP games, Darkfall and MO) when the fundamentals of the MMO used to be considered these very things?

Didn't DaoC also have somewhat weak crafting or do my memory fail me? Was a long time ago.

I havn't heard anything about merging of VGs PvP server but it is not impossible, it was still the only playable game with open world and good crafting I could think of... But now when I think a bit more there is actually another one... RYZOM.

It is sad that so few good open MMOs exists, but at least GW2 should add one, that mist PvP sounds great and a bit influenced by DaoC in some ways. :)

Yeah, you're right actually, not nearly the level of UO in terms of crafting.

Ryzom is cool, but does it have what you'd call non-consensual PVP? Been a long time, and wasn't really into PVP in that game.

And yeah, Guild Wars 2 seems to be *the* game most MMO players are looking forward to nowadays. :) 

Yeah, you're right actually, not nearly the level of UO in terms of crafting.

Ryzom is cool, but does it have what you'd call non-consensual PVP? Been a long time, and wasn't really into PVP in that game.

And yeah, Guild Wars 2 seems to be *the* game most MMO players are looking forward to nowadays. :) 

Or SWG (pre-NGE) for that matter.

Not really sure actually.  I have to admit that I never played it myself, some buddies did and talked about it. Vanguard I played a little, and most of the others mentioned in this thread but this one have I missed but my buddies said it was pretty good.

I am looking forward to several MMOs myself but GW2 was what fit the OPs request. I want WoDO as bad myself, I am also keeping my eyes out for Copernicus, The Secret world (seems very Delta green like), TERA and a few more... But GW2 seems like the best bet for both good PvP and good PvE, the rest I keep my eyes on either have one or the other.

• berkteamberkteam Member Posts: 8
    i played guild wars but it wasnt open world
    is gw2 going to be open world?