Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Touch Pad Friendly Game.

warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63

Hello,

I'm away from home for the next two months with only a laptop and was trying to find a touch pad friendly mmo.

The thing is with using a touch pad I obviously can't move the cursor to fast.

Any suggestions you guys can make are more than welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I would say just buy any old cheap mouse for like $5 to use temporarily

:p

If not then maybe a game like dofus online, Atlantica online which are turn based.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

20 dollar usb laser mice are very effective as well, and since htey are laser now htey just need a surface like whatever your laptop is sitting on as long as its fairly smooth, no moving parts to gum up!  hehe

no usb port?  does your laptop have bluetooth?  little pricier but again, you can always find a solution to not have to use touchpads!

my laptop has a touchpad, im not sure its ever been touched, certainly not by me!

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I have a friend that plays FFXI exclusively with the keyboard. I think Guild Wars would also be an okay game to play with just a touchpad. I've played it a few times during class mostly just using a keyboard and it wasn't that bad.

Neo, I have an optical mouse, but I find I need to use a mousepad on a good deal of tabletops. However I can use it just fine on the arm of my recliner or on my shorts or blanket. It's kind of weird, but I think it has to do with some surfaces possibly being too reflective.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

buy a random cheap optical mouse, you can probably find one for 5-10$... and you can play everything with it :P

there are even those very small portable ones, while not exactly comfortable for prolonged use they take very little space

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346

Originally posted by mrcalhou

I have a friend that plays FFXI exclusively with the keyboard. I think Guild Wars would also be an okay game to play with just a touchpad. I've played it a few times during class mostly just using a keyboard and it wasn't that bad.

Neo, I have an optical mouse, but I find I need to use a mousepad on a good deal of tabletops. However I can use it just fine on the arm of my recliner or on my shorts or blanket. It's kind of weird, but I think it has to do with some surfaces possibly being too reflective.

they work by light from the mouse being reflected bacl to a sensor so it can't be to reflective.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by willo248

they work by light from the mouse being reflected bacl to a sensor so it can't be to reflective.

Yeah that's what I figured. Too reflective of a surface would just scatter the light. Sort of like how having a suspended precipitate will throw off the readings from a spectrometer.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by willo248

Yeah that's what I figured. Too reflective of a surface would just scatter the light. Sort of like how having a suspended precipitate will throw off the readings from a spectrometer.

So I guess that is why my mouse cursor shakes about even when I am not touching it on my new desk. 

I need a mouse pad..my FPS skills have gone down hill. 

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon