Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh my God! Why has no one told me before?!

13»

Comments

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127

21 day free trial Tanzie, no limitations except time.

If you try out ryzom: it has a steep learning curve, READ the tutorial texts on the island you arrive on, very important xD

If you miss something or have questions, just ask in uni chat, awesome community, usually you'll get 3/4 people replying within a few minutes.

EDIT: Damned, why didn't i see there was another page to this thread xD

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

21 days for you to go where you want and do what you want. No levelcap, no area restriction.

Enjoy :)

Edit: *LOL* Same here Pique. It didn´t show me any of the answers you guys wrote.

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Samira24

What a gem of a game! Why has nobody told me before how good Ryzom is? Where was this game when i bored myself to death in linear titles like LOTRO, AoC and WAR?
    Playing it for a week now but i havent had such fun in an MMO for years! The world is a world, not a theme park, the harvesting is outstanding, the crafting is nice and complex

Ryzom's realistic mob AI and seasons really do make the world feel alive.

And it's harvesting and crafting is easily the best of any mmo I've played.

It's a heavily underated game. One reason you may not have been told how good it is.....

Ryzom is in excellent shape now and still improving, but for a few years it languished with a less than spectacular newbie area that really undersold the game. I tried it and even putting aside the terrible lag, the game looked stupendously boring just based on the newbie area. I didn't even bother staying out the whole duration of the free trial.

Second time I tried it, with the new newbie area, was a wholly different experience.

Even with its dated graphics, there's nothing quite like Ryzom on the market - and with that market saturated with EQ clones, just about anyone will find Ryzom a breath of fresh air :)

• WizardBlackWizardBlack Member Posts: 156

Downloading the game for trial.

I am so tired of being pigeon holed in what I have to do and especially what I have to be.

The way I look at it; Ryzom has more people to interact with while sandboxing than Oblivion does...

• GhostflameGhostflame Member Posts: 29

I'm almost two weeks into the trial and I must say I love the game!

So far I've met a lot of people, trekked all across Atys, done a lot of crafting (heavy armor 85, jewels 78 other stuff about 50), a lot of digging (lakes 95), participated in hunting parties and moss gathering (twohanded melee 101, healing 60).

I love the fact that I can be whoever I want without the game telling me what I must do. Although I often like to solo I think it's great that most things is so much better to do in groups. The community is the best I have found in a MMORPG, very helpful and mature. I haven't seen much of the PvP-guild drama that everybody keeps telling me exists.

Thanks Joneyentee and Tyneetryk for making Ryzom such a welcoming place!

/Danile, inquisitive tryker girl

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152

Well, the wife and I are installing as we speak.  We always play together, but this will be our first "sandbox" since SWG launched.  I'm looking forward to experiencing Ryzom, and I hope the wife likes it as well :)

Prax

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

One quick bit of advice, if I may be so bold...read all of the Mission texts on the starter island.  It can get pretty frustrating pretty quick if you don't, unless you are one of those players that just "gets it" right out of the gate.

That said...

Welcome to Atys!

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121

Jumping on the 21 day bandwagon as well.

Hope to see you all in game. :)

• F3rretsF3rrets Member Posts: 61

downloading as we speak (:

• tcuvilliertcuvillier Member Posts: 11

I did the trial just before the launch of Wow and I loved it but as my friends were jumping on the Wow wagoon I joined them.

I dunno why it never occured to me to give it another try instead of playing last years fails namely WAR AoC and Aion . Dowloading 21 days trial now :)

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by tcuvillier

I did the trial just before the launch of Wow and I loved it but as my friends were jumping on the Wow wagoon I joined them.

I dunno why it never occured to me to give it another try instead of playing last years fails namely WAR AoC and Aion . Dowloading 21 days trial now :)

Here's some advice.

Learn the basics on tutorial Island, dabble in all skill areas to about 20-30 and explore.

once you get the gist of it leave and goto the real area of the game.

Do not get attached to the type of quest focused gameplay on that island since the game takes a radical shift into what it really is. An old school, challenging, team focused world simulation. Missions go from the main activity to something you do for fame so you can pick a side in faction pvp and thats all.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• lancelot76lancelot76 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Here's some advice.

Learn the basics on tutorial Island, dabble in all skill areas to about 20-30 and explore.

Do not get attached to the type of quest focused gameplay on that island since the game takes a radical shift into what it really is. An old school, challenging, team focused world simulation. Missions go from the main activity to something you do for fame so you can pick a side in faction pvp and thats all.

Aren't there missions, or series of missions, that teach you the lore of the game? Rites? I've never left the island so let me assure you, I have no idea what the mainland is like, but just curious...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

is there pvp?  if not then what's the point.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Terikan3

Adventure?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

And there is pvp.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by lancelot76

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Here's some advice.

Aren't there missions, or series of missions, that teach you the lore of the game? Rites? I've never left the island so let me assure you, I have no idea what the mainland is like, but just curious...

Main land is filled with hundreds of missions, do people do them? not really. other than grinding out fame, the occasional rite mission (that the game doesnt even tell you about) or the new job repeatable quests grinding is the best way to advance in the game.

Sorry hunting... not grinding :)

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Originally posted by Terikan3

yes there is, and its rewarded with outposts to be controlled that give benefits for your alliance.

enjoy!

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Ahh glad to see that people are keeping this little Gem of a game alive.

Everyone should at least try the trial, if only to see how alive an mmo world can feel when done right.

Plus the skill system and crafting mechanism is excellent.

And don't forget your Mektoubs once you get to mainland! Mmm pack animals/mounts