Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Secret World Video - Aug

AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

Didn't see any other post on this one yet, shows London and a bit about origin story mechanic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9I0UwV5vec

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

The character models need a lot of work, but everything else looks very nice.  From the small details in the scenery (some look to be clues from what I saw) to the breaking walls/celings.  Some really nice scenery shots near the end.

The story scenes alos look like a very nice addition to give the game some immersion. 

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Not bad, hope they give us more info soon.

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

I agree the character models almost seem a step back from Conan models. No idea of course if this is just because of Alpha development and texture/shader things are not there.

Conan still has some of the best looking avatars from appearance to armor/clothing textures.

Looking forward to the skill build system, 7 active and 7 passive skills at a time - and no levels. I wonder how they will make it accessible for folks used to typical genre mechanics. Like Mage, Ranged, Heal, Melee. Say I want to be a sorceror how would I know what kind of build I should use as a template to learn from?

Maybe they will have like a title system that is based on the kinds of active skills? For example, I have a fireball, thunderbolt, mage armor, and greatmace skill equipped that would equal a "Battlemage" but replace say Fireball with Cure and it changes to "Baptist" or something...

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Nice video, I liked it.

Character graphics and animations need an upgrade at least to AoC levels, scenery, environments and monsters are starting to look good though. I also liked the music being heard in the video, some of it reminded me of Resident Evil 2.

The game is still 1-1.5 year away, so they have still enough time to work on things, we'll see how the characters will shape up.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• charlionfirecharlionfire Member Posts: 166

Looking good so far.

• ThisHavokThisHavok Member Posts: 7

I now they say it is an "action" MMORPG but they are much more vague then other "action" MMORPGs like DCU and TERA. 

Can anyone tell if you actually aim in this game?  I didn't see a crosshair which led me to believe you choose a target and use autolock as you run around.  I would much rather prefer a aiming system.  It would be awesome if headshots did more damage. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I'm still interested in this game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• swollenwabitswollenwabit Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by ThisHavok

I now they say it is an "action" MMORPG but they are much more vague then other "action" MMORPGs like DCU and TERA. 

Can anyone tell if you actually aim in this game?  I didn't see a crosshair which led me to believe you choose a target and use autolock as you run around.  I would much rather prefer a aiming system.  It would be awesome if headshots did more damage. 

The combat part was a bit dissapointing at first look. They sure used a lot of big words to describe it, bur from what I saw there was not any new or innovative or remotely unique about it. The game very much look like alpha stage and needs some polishing. I would hope they make some more in depth combat videos as what I saw so far really seems to be as far away from my personal preference as it could be. But too easy to judge as the combat sequences was not a lot and it was no real info how things works.

An aiming system would be sweet, that would be proper skill vs skill in PvP :)

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Aericyn

Didn't see any other post on this one yet, shows London and a bit about origin story mechanic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9I0UwV5vec

MMORPG did a new piece on it two days ago:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/288986/page/1

<3

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Shockingly bad compared to AoC. The character models are uninspired, low poly and down right ugly. The animations are stiff. If this is what they are delivering i have no intention in even trying it. The environments look like a PS2 games with added lights. Non shaded objects all over the floor and seemingly no textures at all, except some shiny solid color surfaces.

Highly dissapointed.

Let's hope this was just a very early alpha with no shaders.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I don't even think the game is in alpha yet.  Just guessing, but I wouldn't expect to see this game until at least 2012.

I'm with you that the visuals could use some work, but I could live with what they are right now as long as the gameplay that has been described is delivered. 

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Heard they are self publishing this one with the funds they had from AOC.  Apparently Eidos screwed them over with AOC by forcing a launch through.  Not sure how true that is but that is the rumor.  So should be interesting.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I didn't know they were going to self publish. Seems harder to me.

Anyway, I expect the characters and animations to be at least on the same level as AoC when launch is close. After all, it'll be 3-3.5 years after AoC then.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I like the sound of this game more and more...

Cant wait... :) im sure the graphics will improve quite a bit as its still in the early stages..

• SertiiSertii Member Posts: 52

sorry for not providing anything to this conversation, but HOLY CRAP taus01, your connection is insane 0.o

SteamID: Sertii

Help spread PC gaming dominance, sign up on Steam!

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by taus01

Shockingly bad compared to AoC. The character models are uninspired, low poly and down right ugly. The animations are stiff. If this is what they are delivering i have no intention in even trying it. The environments look like a PS2 games with added lights. Non shaded objects all over the floor and seemingly no textures at all, except some shiny solid color surfaces.

Highly dissapointed.

Let's hope this was just a very early alpha with no shaders.

Graphics are important, but they're not the end all / be all.

<3

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

Did anyone else think Hellgate: London, dont know why, maybe the subway and london setting. Anyway looks different to the bland current mmo's. I will watch with interest.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

This is my next game. For some reason I just have a really good feeling about it, I have no discernable reason I just feel the comabt will be good, weird eh.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”