Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the Hot Beta at the moment?

PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

I really fancy playing a Beta. There's something about playing a game just released.

Plus I kinda like knowing I helped to develop a game in my own little way. (Yes, I am one of those people who feedbacks properly). Good old Dance Online, I made a video diary for those guys, bless 'em.

Anyway, any suggestions on CBTs or OBT to be released or just released.

You guys are awesome.

Lots of Love xxx

Halobump 

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Halo-Bump

I really fancy playing a Beta. There's something about playing a game just released.

Plus I kinda like knowing I helped to develop a game in my own little way. (Yes, I am one of those people who feedbacks properly). Good old Dance Online, I made a video diary for those guys, bless 'em.

Anyway, any suggestions on CBTs or OBT to be released or just released.

You guys are awesome.

Lots of Love xxx

Halobump 

ffxiv open beta starts early  september

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Yeah, I saw that...got myself all signed up for that.

Everyone and their mother has an opinion on the game already, I'd love to try it out myself.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Halo-Bump

Yeah, I saw that...got myself all signed up for that.

Everyone and their mother has an opinion on the game already, I'd love to try it out myself.

Well ther emight open beta apps so watch for them

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Well, TOR has started testing i think. Pretty sure almost everyone would of signed up for that tho.

Rift is starting beta soon, or already started not sure but heres a thread about it.

Not sure if TERA has a beta going or not but if it does it would certainly be a hot one.

FFXIV Is probably the hottest at the moment since its so close to release.

You can sign up for the Black Prophecy beta. Click here

Guild wars 2 would be another but pretty sure it hasn't started yet. Could be wrong though, don't follow the game very closely.

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Well, TOR has started testing i think. Pretty sure almost everyone would of signed up for that tho.

Rift is starting beta soon, or already started not sure but heres a thread about it.

Not sure if TERA has a beta going or not but if it does it would certainly be a hot one.

FFXIV Is probably the hottest at the moment since its so close to release.

You can sign up for the Black Prophecy beta. Click here

Guild wars 2 would be another but pretty sure it hasn't started yet. Could be wrong though, don't follow the game very closely.

Think I've signed up for Rifts, looks like it could be fun for a while.

Tera looks awesome from some of the videos they've released so far, there's a certain trend towards action MMOs recently I've noticed, and this looks like it could be one of the first major ones to come out of the woodwork, definitely one to keep my eye out for.

Black Prophecy accepting Betas still? That brings me back to my EVE days wishing I could actively fly around, lol.

And of course Guild Wars 2, with the Demo at Gamescon, how could I not? That's my next big MMO for me, and one I'm going to dedicate enough time to manage a Guild again for. Hoorah.

What games have you got your eye on at the moment then?

Though having said that, I just received an E-Mail for Perpetuum CB testing.

Been watching this one for a while, looks set to be a good EVE killer, if not contender. Exciting!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The two really hot betas right now are for FFXIV and Vindictus. Not sure how the former is going, but the latter's first CBT phase is done, so the next might be an OB. Though, if I know the industry, and I do, it will have a second CBT coming up simply because the Korean version went through 2 before hitting OB. When games are localized for foreign audiences they usually follow the build history precisely, including beta phases.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Zentia is beta at the moment.  It's a family oriented F2P with surprisingly deep crafting and pet systems.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Heroes of Threekingdoms closed beta released like a month ago.. so far so good for f2p mmo :)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Originally posted by GTwander

The two really hot betas right now are for FFXIV and Vindictus. Not sure how the former is going, but the latter's first CBT phase is done, so the next might be an OB. Though, if I know the industry, and I do, it will have a second CBT coming up simply because the Korean version went through 2 before hitting OB. When games are localized for foreign audiences they usually follow the build history precisely, including beta phases.

I had a little look at Vindictus. The user made content should be fairly interesting, and the battles look fun. Again, trending towards action MMOs nowadays. It needs some work done to it from what I've researched about it, so I think I might wait a little while for the Open Beta. Final Fantasy I will end up playing, even though it's one of those things I may regret, lol. Nah, as long as I can play as a cat-like person and spent lots of time crafting stuff and making money, that's good enough for little old me!

• KatealystKatealyst Member Posts: 14

I am going to Second Zentia. It is a great game. I might be biased because I am the Community Manager, but we have had a lot of awesome reviews and the community is top notch.  So check out our Dev Blog on here: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/ChangYouZ  and see for yourself.