Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOTPS shooter with Persistent World Gameplay in Sci Fi theme

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Does such a game exist?

Darkfall seem to show that FPS works well in a persistent setting and not just Instanced Battle Grounds.

But what about a Persistent version of a third person Gun shooting MMO sci fi game?

Would you play such a game.

For example, Halo MMO? (cough Blizzard made a deal with them cough)

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• andredocandredoc Member UncommonPosts: 119

Maybe Global Agenda

• JDirectorateJDirectorate Member Posts: 27

Here are some buddy. =D

http://www.mmofront.com/games/mmotps

If you want to play Dawn of War 2 online with me PM me.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

how that a mmo when it doesnt have a world?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• HaegemonHaegemon Member UncommonPosts: 267

Closest thing is probably Fallen Earth.

No fixed level of camera zoom, so you can play FPS or TPS if you want, though no special "over-the-shoulder" camera position for TPS play.

Indie-made MMO, so it's not the most polished, but definitely has its merits.

Functional, though semi-clunky combat; actions bars can get really cluttered in high-level content.

One of the best crafting systems/dependancies in recent memory with over 90% of all items being player-craftable.

Classless level based progression, very GURPS like in nature with no mass-respec of points.

Solid graphics. It's no visual wonder to behold, but whats there does the right job of building ambience and selling the desolate wasteland theme.

Single-server, no spamable fast-travel, mounted combat(horseback or vehicle w/mounted MG), open-ended character development.

Everything gives XP so you're never forced into one activity to level. Crafting, Gathering, Killing, Questing, everything you do advances you.

Very few, but tastefully handled instances, and no load-screens into them. The first group instance I did was attacking a bandit-controlled Prison.

Front do was blocked, so the game makes you walk through a thematically appropriate "load-hallway" in the form of a blown out wall you crawl through by a service enterance. 

It puts you into a private/small group phased-instance, and a small pop-up lets you know you're in one with a reset button if you need to start over because of failing a quest step.

The game has earned the 75-85 ratings its received from a lot of sites. It's got flaws but the merits can easily outweigh them if its the kind of game your after.

And because it's an Indie-made game, I actually feel fine if I don't play a month because I know I'll always be coming back to more updates.

Lets Push Things Forward

I knew I would live to design games at age 7, issue 5 of Nintendo Power.

Support games with subs when you believe in their potential, even in spite of their flaws.

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606

I'm shocked, somebody actually likes tps?

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• zeidenzeiden Member Posts: 44

SCi-fi third person shooter mmo? Hmm... probably Tabula Rasa. It's a shame it got shut down. :(

You can probably keep an eye on darkmillenium warhammer 40k. I think i t got third person shooter. 

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Halo isn't a TPS.. but on that same trail of thought you could say Planetside is the game you are looking for.

Earthrise is a MMOTPSRPG in the works.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I'd say closest is Global Agenda.

I enjoyed Tabula Rasa even though it was a dead end of a game.If done right I can see the genre being very popular as an MMO.

The Secret World may fill the void,though Im not sure if the game is horror or sci fi...I think its Sci fi.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think it is going to be first person not third but you might want to look up Dust 514. It is not released yet but is intended to integrate with the EVE universe for persistance.

All die, so die well.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Face of Mankind.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i would say global agenda.  there's a unlimited free trial for it.

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

The game u'r asking for is Warhammer 40k dark millenium online. Seriously it is tps and it has a cross hair also u gto some cool skills for both ranged and melee with ubar machines u can use . The warhammer world is enough itself too though ;D

see this to get some idea about the game

Wait for 2013 , tilll then WAAGH!