Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wouldnt it be nice if?

SOE sold vanguard to another developer and let them give it a shot ... well thats my 2 cents

this is still the best damn MMO out and no one is working on it that is the effin problem.

if i had the money or the knowledge i would buy the hell out of this game relaunch it with an expansion and massive bug fix and hell rename the damn thing to get new players.

I would name it Saga Of Vanguard Reborn

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by justtires

SOE sold vanguard to another developer and let them give it a shot ... well thats my 2 cents

this is still the best damn MMO out and no one is working on it that is the effin problem.

if i had the money or the knowledge i would buy the hell out of this game relaunch it with an expansion and massive bug fix and hell rename the damn thing to get new players.

I would name it Saga Of Vanguard Reborn

We would all like to see  that justtires,

If you were to take it over I would play.  SOE is nasty, and what their doing right now with EQ2 is ridiculous.

Now would be a good time in history to re-tool the game because their is nothing else out their or in the near future, so far FF14 is failing bad, and is to be released in less than a month, and it's just bad.

I have a group of friends that may play Vanguard, they are to try the trial isle, and if they like it I'll have a few friends to play with.

This is the best game out their.  But its low populations AND made to play as a group.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

yeah, used to play vanguards too......very good game exept there aint that many people playing it these days......i would go back for sure.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by justtires

I call shenanigans.  If you have the money, you would think twice or three times before realizing Vanguard will lose you tons of money if you were to try and revive it.  It's easy to say you would spend millions of dollars to revive Vanguard.....while you are posting on the forums as a hypothetical.  It'll be quite another if you actually do have the money, and that you know the money is coming out of your pocket so you'll be smarter and more protective about it.

Vanguard is a 3 year old game using a hacked up Unreal 2.x engine, a very old engine that wasn't designed for MMO's.  You would do yourself good by creating a brand new game, base it off Vanguard if you like, and use a game engine that is truly seamless.  A game engine that has better looking spell effects, a game engine where you can code bard songs correctly so you wouldn't have to make bard songs into spells just so they could chunk/zone properly.

The engine problems is going to be a huge headache for you.   Not to mention the outdated character animations.  I mean such a pretty game on the surface, but bad animation and spell effects just kills the immersion.  You'd probably do much better to shut the game down and create a new one from scratch. 

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO