Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What song aren't you listening to?

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

I'm definately not listening to this song.

Ice Ice Baby

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Since I am sitting here in silence atm, I would have to say "all of them".

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by GTwander

I can't see how people on the internet either listen to or pretend to listen to music the whole time they are online. 

I watch TV when I'm online. :-|

I listen to music in the car. 

Those are the kinds of people that think lyrics are trying to speak to them personally, and have to play music at any given time because the silence offends whatever demented version of OCD they have. Like you (I presume 'normal' folk), I only listen to music when on the way to someplace, and even then, sometimes I enjoy the sounds outside a rolled-down window much better... but these people that simply can't live without their music are just jaded folk that consider themselves some kind of "superstar", imo, and it's like they are putting way too much thought into the process. Music to me, for the most part, is background noise unless I'm at a concert - and that's the star attraction.

I can't stand people that listen to music by themselves and ponder the greater meaning of it.

"Yeah, this techno really says something about the modern condition, eh?"

"Douche."

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by TheHatter

I can't see how people on the internet either listen to or pretend to listen to music the whole time they are online. 

You mean to tell me that on the "What song are you listening to?" thread, you are supposed to post songs that you are actually listening to at the time you post them?  I didn't know that was to be taken literally.  I was just posting songs that popped into my head at the time that I like.  Same thing with this thread.  You don't have to post a song that you are not listening to, because as GTwander pointed out, the list would be pretty extensive.  I was thinking more along the lines of a song that you don't care for or downright can't stand.

Btw, although I hate the song that I originally posted on this thread, here's a pretty good spoof of it.

Ice Ice Baby

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I always have music on if I am not on the phone/skype..which is usually all the time i am online O_O

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• croemcroem Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by SgtFrog

I always have music on if I am not on the phone/skype..which is usually all the time i am online O_O

Me too  :D

*dragon's call*
    http://www.gamedp.com

• AtakAtak Member Posts: 82

Anything mainstream

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Those are the kinds of people that think lyrics are trying to speak to them personally, and have to play music at any given time because the silence offends whatever demented version of OCD they have. Like you (I presume 'normal' folk), I only listen to music when on the way to someplace, and even then, sometimes I enjoy the sounds outside a rolled-down window much better... but these people that simply can't live without their music are just jaded folk that consider themselves some kind of "superstar", imo, and it's like they are putting way too much thought into the process. Music to me, for the most part, is background noise unless I'm at a concert - and that's the star attraction.

I can't stand people that listen to music by themselves and ponder the greater meaning of it.

"Douche."

No kidding.  I don't listen to music all the time.  Like right now for instance, I have no music running what so ever.  All I can hear is the clicking of they keys from my keyboard and the Cicada bug outside buzzing away.  On my way home from work I had music going in the car but even then it was so low that I could barely make out what song was playing especially since most of the radio stations I got have gotten quite old.  I had the windows down and was just listening to "outside".

I think the worst offenders are the young kids nowadays with their mp3/phone that they jam in their ears even when with some kind of company.  I saw a young couple and both of them were sitting together, holding hands... all that sappy stuff, but both had their mp3 players going full blast.  How about you actually talk to your significant other, if not why even bother.  You have your mp3 player and your personal life soundtrack to give you all the affection you seem to want.  Personally I'd rather have the cmopany of real people than the music get.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Originally posted by Illius

"Douche."

No kidding.  I don't listen to music all the time.  Like right now for instance, I have no music running what so ever.  All I can hear is the clicking of they keys from my keyboard and the Cicada bug outside buzzing away.  On my way home from work I had music going in the car but even then it was so low that I could barely make out what song was playing especially since most of the radio stations I got have gotten quite old.  I had the windows down and was just listening to "outside".

I think the worst offenders are the young kids nowadays with their mp3/phone that they jam in their ears even when with some kind of company.  I saw a young couple and both of them were sitting together, holding hands... all that sappy stuff, but both had their mp3 players going full blast.  How about you actually talk to your significant other, if not why even bother.  You have your mp3 player and your personal life soundtrack to give you all the affection you seem to want.  Personally I'd rather have the cmopany of real people than the music get.

It is not just young kids it is everyone nowadays when I am on the train or bus at least half the people are listing to their MP3 and they are of all ages.

Public transport is boring, Music makes it more barable lol.

"Douche."

I don’t really think like that..I just enjoy listing to music like people enjoy playing games hours on end.

That is it...nothing more.

I've actually been listening to music in my room lately...

...but only because my roommate annoys the shit out of me with her constant mouth-flapping. I can hear her gabbing from any room in the house, and FFS she never shuts up. If she's been quiet for over 15 minutes she starts yelling for her dog and gabs to it for another 15, or she calls someone out of the blue and gabs to them. She just can not keep her mouth shut, and I've been wasting too much money on gasoline in order to escape it all.

So now I play Mastodon at full volume till she gets the clue, but it only makes her talk *louder*!!!!

I am moments from shoving a chopstick in my ear to pop the drum, I desire sweet silence soooo badly right now.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I've actually been listening to music in my room lately...

...but only because my roommate annoys the shit out of me with her constant mouth-flapping. I can hear her gabbing from any room in the house, and FFS she never shuts up. If she's been quiet for over 15 minutes she starts yelling for her dog and gabs to it for another 15, or she calls someone out of the blue and gabs to them. She just can not keep her mouth shut, and I've been wasting too much money on gasoline in order to escape it all.

So now I play Mastodon at full volume till she gets the clue, but it only makes her talk *louder*!!!!

I am moments from shoving a chopstick in my ear to pop the drum, I desire sweet silence soooo badly right now.

Do you have a roof-top?  I find it a very peaceful place.  :)  Take a container of water, a blanket, and ear-plugs.   Lay back and gaze up at the stars(if it is not cloudy).   Does wonders on your brain.  

Sound of Silence <<< clicky

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Not listening to Heavy Metal.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Well, I was grooving to this within the last 5 minutes, anyway - Raveonettes, Love in a Trashcan. I've really been getting into the neo-psychedelic thing lately.

(And yes, Simon & Garfunkel WERE amazing in their prime.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUqpgg-8Ps