Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if CCP changed EVEs description?

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
What if ccp called eve a "Massive Multiplayer Online Sci-fi spaceship strategic simulation experience.".
Would that stop people from joining eve with these expectations that Eve should play like other mmorpgs or be more Arcady and watered down.

I say EVE is no longer a Mmorpg but a MMOSSSE, lol!!!! What to you think? Let's stop calling eve something that it's not. It's clearly 100% different than any game in this genre it's time we took it out.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

It's still a role playing game it's still Massively Multiplayer Online. 

Are you trying to say it's not an RPG? Cause, if I'm not mistaken they just added something not too long ago that gives RPers a huge boost and there are plenty of them. 

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Now that there is a boxed version again, where would retailers put it on the shelf? They'd all need to create a new section for MMOSSSE's.

That said, what's really in a name? I generally like the fact that EvE is steadily growing in population and I think that is attributed to them being in the generic MMO space versus trying some branding gimic. Sure, you get a lot of people that expect something different, but such is life. They get filtered out in the trial process and the game goes on. Sure, they might complain on forums, but what does that really matter aside from creating some conversation?

Ultimately, it still fits the decription of an MMORPG even if the term only scratches the surface of what is available.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I'm saying it's more of a simulation than a rpg and more of an experience than an actual game. Seriously name one game like it in our genre? Due it being so unique players come into the game with the wrong mindset and expectations.

To the other poster I could bend on how long it is just make it a MMOSSE or something. I've always thought eve belongs more with strategy games than on the mmo shelf anyway.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• LudwixLudwix Member UncommonPosts: 73

Tbh It's the only game for me that deserve to be called an MMORPG. (with some exceptions ofc)

Sorry for my eanglish.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by Ludwix

Tbh It's the only game for me that deserve to be called an MMORPG. (with some exceptions ofc)

Pretty much this.

It's the only game out there, where you can be any combination of what you want to be in the game. Right now, I don't think of 1 single other game where you can do this.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

That is an excellent way to put it. The problem is being attacked from the wrong perspective. EvE shouldn't be redefined. All the other games should :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Mossies are fun. I love mossies.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by mklinic

That is an excellent way to put it. The problem is being attacked from the wrong perspective. EvE shouldn't be redefined. All the other games should :)

/signed

Its true, no one makes real MMORPG's anymore, EVE's a relic from an earlier age.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

It is what it is. The people who complain about it are the ones who dont bother finding out first anyway, so calling it something slightly different wont make much difference.

Give me liberty or give me lasers