Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the glaring issues?

MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

OK, I played this in Beta, and never subbed, and not for the reason you may be thinking; "It's beta, there's gonna be issues."  No I didn't sub because of the beta community..again I know betas are no real sampling of what the actual launch community will be like.

Now, on to my question.  What are the glaring issues with AION?  What things really bug you about it?  I don't want to know what you like, I want to know what you don't like.  Classes, quests, pvp anything no matter how minor or how major.  I am currently not playing any mmos (after 6 years i need a break), but i am trying to find one i can play for quite some time to come.

So, please, what are the glaring issues with Aion that bug the crap out of you/

thanks a ton!

Comments

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

- Aweful economy that got destroyed as soon as the game launched.

- Crafting/gathering/enchanting... vomit.

- OP gear

- siege

- In the end, pretty much all the game i guess. lol

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Race imbalances on all the servers.

Asmodians zerg owns 1 server, the others are dominated by Elyos, and Siel is basically an Elyos pve server since they chased off all the asmos.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Everyone time I would go to a fort raid all the characters wouldn't render because there was like 100's of people in one place fighting and animations going off. Really bugged me and I have a beast machine.... ALot of times I would just turn off on screen player characters that were not in my group. So , I would see the player I had targetted or people in my group only. helped to minimize the incredible lag at these events.

The grind was not as bad as people make out to be, but it does get old running the same instances like 2-3 times a day every day for the rest of your life.

(hopefully this new update balaurar or w/e fixes that)

They did tone down the grind in 1.9 I heard.

Shit cost alot on the broker....  Then when you go to +10 or whatever a gold weapon you get lots of fails.  Putting stats on your gear with the manastones or w/e they were called. Those would fail all the time, but not as bad as the +10 thing.

Overall, it is a good game and I would still be playing, but that leads me to my next problem with the game. The people at Ncsoft ban people for everything and nothing at all sometimes.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

double post sorry.

• BodysnatcherBodysnatcher Member Posts: 141

I stopped playing this game about 5-6 months ago so if something has changed...

For me it was the time. You can level faster than most ppl say but not if you want to craft or pvp or ...

Just leveling in the game or farming gear took to much time if you played the whole game. People like to say it is not easy mode. It is not but it is not hard mode either. It is grind mode. All MMOs have grindy parts this game just has more than most.

Some do not like the rifting or the higher levels being able to kill lower levels. I think the rifting is great and one of the best parts of the game. They should not have made it so you can "twink" out lower level toons though.

The higher levels beating on lower levels is just no fun. Should have followed WARs example on this. The sad thing is that NCsoft thinks americans do not like to pvp. We just do not like griefers but most of us like PVP.

Some people will bad mouth this game alot more than they should. This game is a really good game with a few flaws.  I will probably be comming back to it soon to see how it is doing.

The RNG system they use is no fun for anyone involved.

I believe this game is made for legion (guild) play. A group of people working towards the same goals.

Kings and Sons of God
    Travel on their way from here
    Calming restless mobs
    Easing all of their, all of their fear
    Strange times are here.

Originally posted by Bodysnatcher

I stopped playing this game about 5-6 months ago so if something has changed...

For me it was the time. You can level faster than most ppl say but not if you want to craft or pvp or ...

Just leveling in the game or farming gear took to much time if you played the whole game. People like to say it is not easy mode. It is not but it is not hard mode either. It is grind mode. All MMOs have grindy parts this game just has more than most.

Some do not like the rifting or the higher levels being able to kill lower levels. I think the rifting is great and one of the best parts of the game. They should not have made it so you can "twink" out lower level toons though.

The higher levels beating on lower levels is just no fun. Should have followed WARs example on this. The sad thing is that NCsoft thinks americans do not like to pvp. We just do not like griefers but most of us like PVP.

Some people will bad mouth this game alot more than they should. This game is a really good game with a few flaws.  I will probably be comming back to it soon to see how it is doing.

The RNG system they use is no fun for anyone involved.

I believe this game is made for legion (guild) play. A group of people working towards the same goals.

hmm, i hate cry babies that ruin pvp for us. Yea, the best part about that game AION is the pvp. One of the best pvp systems I ever seen.

Probably why every game we keep getting they want to kill open world pvp. Too many people complaining all the damn time. 

• mardo303mardo303 Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Nekrataal

- Aweful economy that got destroyed as soon as the game launched.

- Crafting/gathering/enchanting... vomit.

- OP gear

- siege

- In the end, pretty much all the game i guess. lol

Why you post anything when you have no clue? "Aweful economy" never heard people complaining on that (and I still play, since beta). “Sieges” this is one of the best parts of the game. The main issue right now is imbalance on almost all servers. One faction dominate and the other is underdog and is a lot harder to gear and unfortunately gear is important in pvp.

• zeidenzeiden Member Posts: 44

• The PvP in Aion has a major "flaw" for me. You lose PVP points if you die by players hands and a lot when you have many. And PvP points are used to purchase pvp armors, weapons and various other items. Plus it serves as your pvp ranking on the server which has some perks when you reach a certain rank of soldier. Taking into consideration how much time and effort it takes to grind pvp points in the abyss this system is not encouraging people to go pvp in fact it had the opposite effect(it did for me atleast). And one of those that love to pvp from time to time. I don't play games that don't have pvp. But i like to enjoy brawls without having to worry about losing something i worked hard for if i die. 

• The PVE is shallow as well. Only 6 man dungeons and a lot of outdoor bosses. I quit after 2 months at lauch because i learned that to enter the end game dungeon i had to farm 10 dragon scales everytime i wanted to get inside, which dropped from high level mobs that could almost kill me if i engaged without full health. 

• Very low drop rates. Sometimes bosses don't even drop anything.

• Siege Battles were too laggy to be able to enjoy them. (my machine was probably not enough to handle)

Of course that's just what i think and felt during my experience in Aion. Perhaps it has changed since then.

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

There's a couple of things that irks me the most.

1) Open PvP - AION has no RP server. Everything is PvP and it's frustrating to get ganked when you're trying to level up.

2) Class imbalance - some classes don't have the same utility or skill as others which gives other class the upper hand, all the time.

3) Economy - so-so. I like the fact that some things costs 1mil or so, because having millions after selling a few items encourages the economy. But it's a bad thing that some things costs 1mil or so, since it will have a negative effect.

4) Travel - AION has taxi, but you have to walk from that point on, where's my mount? Or better yet, let me fly. It becomes a pain when you're trying to rendevouz with your party in a hostile area.

5) Spy Quest - why on earth would a quest giver give a Spy Quest to a Spirit Master? It should be a Scout specific quest and other classes should have something different with the same reward.

6) Global Skill Cooldown - seriously, some skills should not have a GCD. Specially when the skill is a pet command.

Some of my issues will be addressed in the next expansion, but other than this, it's tolerable and fun to play. I guess as Spirit Master, it's a badge of honor and perceverance to get to level 50, because it's the hardest class, IMO, to level.

Ready for GW2!!!
  • MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

Sounds like I'd be better off staying away.

thanks guys

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Mysticshaman

thanks guys

Or request a trial key and try it for yourself for free, see if you want to invest further, and form your own opinion on what the glaring issues are. There's problems, sure. And most of the problems are shared throughout nearly every mainstream MMO to date. Check any MMO forum on here and I can guarantee you won't find a forum that isn't full of people giving reasons why not to play a title, why to stay away, and how the problems are the end of their life (nearly) and spell immediate doom for that title.

Trying for yourself and seeing what all the fuss about is always better than reading the fuss from complete strangers, making assumptions, and basing decisions off those assumptions.

Aion's not perfect, a lot of people won't and don't like it, and it has some issues. But no more severe issues than any other title out. If we had a perfect MMO we'd ALL being playing it.

• zeidenzeiden Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Synthetick

If we had a perfect MMO we'd ALL being playing it.

there is not such thing as perfect unfortunately :D

• aekeemaekeem Member Posts: 14

are the seiges actually playable now that there's not as many people playing the game?

• alpheusalpheus Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by jvxmtg

I guess as Spirit Master, it's a badge of honor and perceverance to get to level 50, because it's the hardest class, IMO, to level.

I'm not so sure about this one.  Last I remember most of the servers first few max level players were spirit masters.  On Siel at launch I know for a fact spirit masters dominated the leveling. (especially Pengu; first max on siel)

Does this have a 100% direct correlation with 'hardest class', not completly but it sure means something in regards to it.  Maybe we're just thinking about two different aspects of the game.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The grind is not that bad, especially with the changes they've made to a lot of quests.

My only issue with the game was PvP balance. You've either got the best gear and dominate everyone, or you hide in your realm trying to get geared just to even have a chance against those geared.

Fights with players equal to you were rare, to many players at 50 would hide in there safezones just to avoid the risk of loosing a few easily replacable AP.

Other than that, I enjoyed the games content up to 50, and siege afterwards.

• MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by Mysticshaman

thanks guys

Or request a trial key

Nevermind i see the sticky up above

Originally posted by zeiden

If we had a perfect MMO we'd ALL being playing it.

there is not such thing as perfect unfortunately :D

Perfection is not about "good" over "bad", rather having both "good" and "bad" is what makes something perfect. All "good" in itself is imperfect due to the lack of "bad", same with the imperfection of "bad". In a sense, all MMOs are perfect as is, thus there is such thing as perfect. :P

Ready for GW2!!!

Originally posted by alpheus

Originally posted by jvxmtg

I guess as Spirit Master, it's a badge of honor and perceverance to get to level 50, because it's the hardest class, IMO, to level.

I'm not so sure about this one.  Last I remember most of the servers first few max level players were spirit masters.  On Siel at launch I know for a fact spirit masters dominated the leveling. (especially Pengu; first max on siel)

Does this have a 100% direct correlation with 'hardest class', not completly but it sure means something in regards to it.  Maybe we're just thinking about two different aspects of the game.

The difficulty to level as an SM scales the older the server gets. Of course, the "first" SMs will not have the hard time since nobody there to gank them. Try leveling an SM now and see if you can get to level 30 without getting gank 40mil times.

Ready for GW2!!!
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

The there are really only two major issues at the moment. As others have said, the factions are rather unbalanced right now. Also, though most  of the grind has been eliminated (which was never as bad as people here on the forums seem to think it was), there does need to be more content variety through pretty much all levels of the game.

<3