Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The mmo news you are waiting to hear?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Tommorow you log onto mmorpg.com and there is an announcement.  It's the best possible news - something you had feared to even hope would happen. A dream come true.

What is it?

Mine would be that Everquest Next will be true to original EQ.

Failing that, an mmo based on the Underworld series.

Or DAoC II.

Or Dune, the long overdue mmo.

What's yours?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Blizzard's new MMORPG info come out

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• icedutahicedutah Member UncommonPosts: 67

DAOC 2 would really get me excited.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Horizons going back to it's original concept, being developed by the devs that helped launch DAoC.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• fossilfiedfossilfied Member Posts: 57

a new age mmo with old skool UO sandbox mechanics

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

A game based on David Gemmells Drenai Saga

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

All Developers who developed instance based MMORPGs were summarily executed because of international crimes against MMORPGs.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

News about Blizzard's next MMO, ANY other MMOs in the works not made by eastern countries and of course actual release dates for Rift, SWTOR, GW2, Cataclysm, Secret World, Warhammer 40k, and the BIG one I'm really waiting for, ANY news on the Wheel of Time game coming our way.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

That Looking Glass Studios has risen from the dead regained it's IP rights and  is soon to release a Thief or System Shock MMO.

Hey no one said the news had to be feasible!

• jfk35824jfk35824 Member Posts: 81

release date, pre-order disc info, beta test, system req's, and pricing (more than $50 for standard box) for GW2, beta info for DCU Online....

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Originally posted by Drakynn

That Looking Glass Studios has risen from the dead regained it's IP rights and  is soon to release a Thief or System Shock MMO.

Hey no one said the news had to be feasible!

Not at all. 3 of my 4 are pipe dreams, and one is a long shot.

(and a shout out to a fellow Calvin avatar)

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• rbc13183rbc13183 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by jfk35824

release date, pre-order disc info, beta test, system req's, and pricing (more than $50 for standard box) for GW2

This.

"Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters."
    — Artemis Entreri (R.A. Salvatore)

"P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-

"But, there is one they fear.

In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin -- Dragonborn!" -Game of the Century-

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

That the whining and moaning and bitching over every little details of every damned MMO in existence should cease indefinitely and everyone learns to accept that we all have our own personal preferences in the styles we enjoy and for how they are designed and enjoy them as such...

~One can dream can't they~

• knapleknaple Member UncommonPosts: 56

I would just like assurance that all these new Mmos that are all hyped up are actually worth the wait. All of these games look amazing but its easy to make a game "look" great, I want proof that they actually are. I'm tired of all the fails.

~Knaple~

• knapleknaple Member UncommonPosts: 56

I agree with Khrymson.

~Knaple~

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Rockstar Games enters into the MMORPG market with the Shadowrun IP. They hire some networking genius, but otherwise the development and programming team is comprised of industry veterans comletely NEW to the MMORPG genre.

I'd sacrifice a goat.

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

SWTOR is now fully finished and nearly-bug free and will be released for Open Beta tomorrow, starting tomorrow and ending one week before release.

I would mind some Neverwinter information, screens, gameplay videos, beta dates, more specific release dates, etc. But that's not dream news. That's just "It'd be really cool" news.

In fact, I would be happy to see "SWTOR enters a horribly buggy open beta". That would make my year. :P

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• DocZDocZ Member Posts: 105

Marvel full blown MMO

I challenged my reflection to a staring contest....4 days later i won

• cullendccullendc Member Posts: 2

I know what it is.

Today, Cryptic Studios announces a new Neverwinter MMO.

They got the news up on their site.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Khrymson

That the whining and moaning and bitching over every little details of every damned MMO in existence should cease indefinitely and everyone learns to accept that we all have our own personal preferences in the styles we enjoy and for how they are designed and enjoy them as such...

~One can dream can't they~

this as well ^^

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Hi! I'm Tom Chilton.

Blizzard has bought Portalarium with this month's petty cash. EA practically gave away a UO liscense to China of all places.. They owed us, so we got it cheap. Almost cheapr than Portalarium!

Meet Blizzard's newest employee, Richard Garriott.

Seriously.. 13 fuckin' years and NO ONE can do a sandbox game that isn't a glorified FPS, has no instances, and doesn't suck harder than a fat kid with a giant pixie stick?

We're teaming up to make you idiots weep... Just give us your wallets now. We're buying our own rocket this time. The Russians can go suck one.

(No offense to Russians...)

• swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292

DAoC 2. 

With gear [available free in the throne room] that levels with your class, no grinding for gear [although crafters should be able to add magic bonuses].  Instead of gear grinding have some other game mechanic like the current Champion levels or Realm Ranks that yield special abilities akin to what is now found in the best dropped, dragon, or quested gear.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

CCP announces their new MMORPG "CyberPunk" based on William Gibson's Neuromancer IP.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

An announcement that Elder Scrolls Online is entering open beta.  Failing that, Guild Wars 2 is entering open beta.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by cullendc

I know what it is.

Today, Cryptic Studios announces a new Neverwinter MMO.

They got the news up on their site.

You must be a sadist or really hate NWN....

Better news would be, a crazed Filipino former police officer takes Cryptic Studios hostage.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

elder scrolls online

dynasty warriors online (done in a more bladestorm way)

insert any game with completely dynamic content and proper factions controlled by an AI that doesn't feel like it was borrowed from space invaders.

Into the breach meatbags