Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve online, NEEDS CONTENT UPDATES

13»

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Confirming that changing their explosion velocity and radius to do full damage on most frigates will make rockets overpowered.

What?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by TheHatter

You wanna know something that would add a TON of content to the game? Drop the high sec mission money 30%, then when you become 1 yr old, CONCORD starts taxing you 1mil a month for every year you're character has been alive, to stay in high sec. It won't push everyone to 0.0, but I bet you'll see a huge influx of 0.0 PVE players. 

That would force them not just out of High Sec, but out of the game completely.

I think a lot of PvP players tend to forget that just as much as they rather PvP and not mine/craft to get what they need, there are others who would like to mine/craft and not PvP to get what they need. Forcing unwanted gameplay on the PvE players effectively forces unwanted gameplay on the PvP crowd. This thinking that forcing people to engage in gameplay they do not like will make ANY game betteer is absurd at best and has no logicial or historical basis to it whatsoever.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Confirming that changing their explosion velocity and radius to do full damage on most frigates will make rockets overpowered.

What?

If it was so easy they would have done it already.

Something is stopping them, players have asked them to buff them for a while. I don't see why they would just ignore everyone if it was that easy.

Eve is a old game, maybe by changing rockets half the client will break LOL!!!!!!

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Loktofeit

You wanna know something that would add a TON of content to the game? Drop the high sec mission money 30%, then when you become 1 yr old, CONCORD starts taxing you 1mil a month for every year you're character has been alive, to stay in high sec. It won't push everyone to 0.0, but I bet you'll see a huge influx of 0.0 PVE players. 

I think a lot of PvP players tend to forget that just as much as they rather PvP and not mine/craft to get what they need, there are others who would like to mine/craft and not PvP to get what they need. Forcing unwanted gameplay on the PvE players effectively forces unwanted gameplay on the PvP crowd. This thinking that forcing people to engage in gameplay they do not like will make ANY game betteer is absurd at best and has no logicial or historical basis to it whatsoever.

I agree with this. Leave the high sec people alone.

If they wanna mission, mine, build and explore in the safety (illusion of it anyway) of empire it's their business.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I agree with this. Leave the high sec people alone.

If they wanna mission, mine, build and explore in the safety (illusion of it anyway) of empire it's their business.

It's virtually impossible to "mind your own business" in EVE, as virtually everything you do affects everyone else, in however small a degree.

People who say "oh I just want to do x in safety"... supposing I said, Oh I just want to PvP and not buy stuff from other players. I'm not interested in the market or mining or any of that stuff. I just want to fight. So all PvP ships, modules and rigs should be available from NPCs for free (or 100 ISK each like on SiSi! Or for the NPC base cost as shown in item database!). If other people want to participate in the economics part of EVE, that's fine, I understand that and I'm not stopping them, but why should I be forced to when I dont want to, just because some 12-year old basement dweller wants to fatten his wallet at my expense?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

you can...you have 60-70% of the univese for your pvp joy.

Empire isn't safe. I don't see how Being a pvper and wanting to kill off other playstyles is the same thing as leaving people in empire like they want. You can still kill, cheat and rob a empire dweller. All I'm saying is not to nerf their entire way of playing not leave them alone in safety.

Something is stopping them, players have asked them to buff them for a while. I don't see why they would just ignore everyone if it was that easy.
    Eve is a old game, maybe by changing rockets half the client will break LOL!!!!!!

Your blind confidence in the same people that brought and greenlighted PI and the Sov system is staggering.

Oh and yes, it's that easy. Rockets suffer from a typo in their explosion velocity and are out of line compared to other missiles, guided or unguided. Fixing them involves improving both their explosion velocity and explosion radius (and maybe their damage reduction factor) to the point where they will do full damage to a moving frigate.

Originally posted by Horusra

you can...you have 60-70% of the univese for your pvp joy.

No I cant, because any fat wallet griefer can buy anything on the market anywhere and profiteer at my expense!

Originally posted by Rockgod99If it was so easy they would have done it already.

Your blind confidence in the same people that brought and greenlighted PI and the Sov system is staggering.

Oh and yes, it's that easy. Rockets suffer from a typo in their explosion velocity and are out of line compared to other missiles, guided or unguided. Fixing them involves improving both their explosion velocity and explosion radius (and maybe their damage reduction factor) to the point where they will do full damage to a moving frigate.

Yes I have confidence in ccp. A developer that's hardly fucked up in 7 years and delivered the only good mmo experience since pre-cu.

Seriously though... If it's so easy why haven't they fixed it?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Yes I have confidence in ccp. A developer that's hardly fucked up in 7 years and delivered the only good mmo experience since pre-cu. Seriously though... If it's so easy why haven't they fixed it?

its a complicated issue, rockets.. are very short range for one, i dont think its the explosion velocity that needs improving though, explosion raidus would have much more impact on smaller ships, but its not that simple either... as we're talking about frigates, we're talking about often very fast moving targets, and unless that target is approaching you directly, then its going to be a sod to hit with a projectile .. specifically an unguided one, stick an AB on a rifter and pretty soon it will be orbitting at 1500 m/sec ... and with a low signature.. unless its using shield expanders (unlikely) so any hit is going to be ... problematical, an mwd would increase the sig by 500 percent, but then the frig is orbitting you at 3300 m/sec +  ... at that point explosion velocity also kicks in (against a inty with a speed of over 5000 m/sec though).. ... so the problem isnt so much how much a rocket is able to do, but how likely a rocket is likely to do damage in the first place... well there are numerous complex equations to take into consideration.. which frankly..i leave to people who do like spreadsheet maths..  as for the OPs original bit though.. Eve has more content than any other game in existance.. imo... purely because we're the ones creating it.. and hell.. theres a lot of us around these days image

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by Rockgod99 Yes I have confidence in ccp. A developer that's hardly fucked up in 7 years

This shows just how ignorant you are regarding CCPs failures, a short list of major screw ups would be

• A dev spawning T2 BPOs for his alliance buddy's

• Boot.ini

• GM spawning himself billions in faction mods, only came to light after he lost a full officer mod fitted BS to a nullsec gate camp

The list could go on and on, and this is just screw ups in their corporate activity/policy and doesn't include the countless bad mechanics or broken balance.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

Yes I have confidence in ccp. A developer that's hardly fucked up in 7 years and delivered the only good mmo experience since pre-cu. Seriously though... If it's so easy why haven't they fixed it?

uh?

*walks away*

Originally posted by Phry
    its a complicated issue, rockets..

No really, it isn't.
    It's a short range high dps missile version in the line of unguided missiles. That means that their intended use is shortrange gank. The ships receiving rocket bonuses are geared towards that role.

In other words: Rockets are supposed to get high dps on a target that is webbed or at least has its mwd disrupted. That's in line with hams and torps.

However, their explosion velocity and radius is so low, that even on a webbed frigate they do less dps than light missiles, the long range guided missile. Rocket stats are even so low that they get damage reduction on destroyers and some cruisers, something that is unheard of from hams and torps. Every single main weapon system in Eve does full damage to targets bigger than their intended one and less damage for targets that are smaller. Rockets are the exception, as they do not do full dps to anything but two classes higher, where their dps is already neglible.

It's saying a lot that the Vengeance is usually flown with autocannons instead of rockets. Unbonused autocannons do more dps both on paper and in reality than rockets on a rocket based ship..

They could easily set both explosion velocity and radius to positive infinity without making rockets overpowered at all. Their dps on paper is already underwhelming and would only matter if they could actually do that dps to a target. Which they can't. Even with maxed skills on a Vengeance, their explosvion velocity is 127m/s..enough to yield a reducion on a webbed rifter without propulsion mods.

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

The game needs story driven PVP/PVE battlegrounds for new players to get the hang of PVP and want to move out into low sec and 0.0. I don't mean instanced, just warp in and start fighting where no podding is allowed.

Originally posted by Miffy
    battlegrounds

No.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

battlegrounds

No.

This

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

battlegrounds

No.

This

twice!

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

The game needs story driven PVP/PVE battlegrounds for new players to get the hang of PVP and want to move out into low sec and 0.0. I don't mean instanced, just warp in and start fighting where no podding is allowed.

Battle Grounds in Eve just sounds silly. However there could be benefit from a simulator, Considering the steep learning curve Eve has. It would be nice to see how gear and skills or implants perform hands on before you make one of the scores of choices you need to make in Eve.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

battlegrounds

No.

This

twice!

This cannot be emphasized enough.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville