Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics look alot like Warhammer Online

flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Anyone else noticed this? I don't think that's the case. But if you look at the horns of the warlock, you'll see what I mean when you look at the horns of the chaos career chosen ;)

Comments

• BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

I think you mean the "style," because although there are some similarities between the styles of the two games, the graphics are much improved in Rift.

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106

Just because he has horns on his head like a Warhammer character doesn't make him scream warhammer to me... I think he lokos pretty differn't.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

hmm no they don't

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Originally posted by cybrinsanity

Just because he has horns on his head like a Warhammer character doesn't make him scream warhammer to me... I think he lokos pretty differn't.

That was an example. The ground is another example. But I like the style, so I'm starting to like the game as well ;)

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

Nahhh Warhammer Online's graphics were absolutely atrocious... especially in the environment department. Rift's graphics on the otherhand look quite nice, gonna keep this one on my radar.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Hmmm... no, they don't at all.

• Mr_ScratchMr_Scratch Member UncommonPosts: 3

Could be because Adam Gershowitz is a producer over at Trion.  Adam worked on the latter years of DAoC, LOTRO, and Warhammer Online...always in the art department.  With his schooling and training and awards he's recieved, it's easy to say he's one of the best in the business.

Or it could be that the art of the Warhammer Fantasy IP has influenced the look of fantasy for the better part of...25+ years.  Like orcs, being green with tusks for canine teeth, that's 100% Warhammer design.  Any fantasy game with Orcs that look like that (which is pretty much all of them) copied Warhammer's Orcs.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

graphics are nothing alike.

Originally posted by Mr_Scratch

Could be because Adam Gershowitz is a producer over at Trion.  Adam worked on the latter years of DAoC, LOTRO, and Warhammer Online...always in the art department.  With his schooling and training and awards he's recieved, it's easy to say he's one of the best in the business.

[...]

Woah, that must be it.

I will agree that Rift prob has better graphics, but some of the styles is very similar :)

• TrenkerTrenker Member Posts: 88

Yes!  I thought the same thing, LOL.

Hehe, good thing I'm not alone. I don't say it's a bad thing. I like it! :)

• AzzkickaAzzkicka Member Posts: 157

The styles may be somewhat similar but Warhammer had HORRIBLE graphics in general.  The textures and detail of the terrain were awful and it looks like they spent a full day doing the textures for the character models.

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140

I believe that Rift has a lot better graphics than WAR but yes the character styles are somehow similar, a fact which i don't find very significant gameplay wise. I was kinda let down when i saw the ranger video with the bad animation but then again i hope that they will fix it cause it is still in Alpha. Overall, this is the game i am waiting for. I believe that it will be a lot better than SWTOR.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

TBH, graphics isn't everything, so I believe SWTOR will be huge. This game looks interesting. But go SWTOR :)

Graphics wise Rift might be better than SWTOR, but let's see about gameplay ;)

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Originally posted by crimsonmid

I believe that Rift has a lot better graphics than WAR but yes the character styles are somehow similar, a fact which i don't find very significant gameplay wise. I was kinda let down when i saw the ranger video with the bad animation but then again i hope that they will fix it cause it is still in Alpha. Overall, this is the game i am waiting for. I believe that it will be a lot better than SWTOR.

It was bad animation for ONE PET, i seriously dont understand why people are making such a big deal out of it.  You can easily see from the other 2 videos and that very same video that the character animations are nice and fluid, the mobs are nice and fluid, etc.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140

Mate relax, who said its a big deal? At least personally speaking, i don't care much about the graphics or the animations. History shows that the simpler the graphics, the better the gameplay :) It was solely a statement because the animation in the PARTICULAR video was not one of the best around. And just for the record,YES, Rift has some of the nicest graphics.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...