Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused: EQ2extended, same as EQ2? More questions inside

AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

So EQ2x is basically a watered down verion of EQ2 but free.  Then you can purchase furhter access to EQ2 inside the Extendd version of the game all the way up to silver, gold and platnum?

So....

How does this effect the player to player market over at SOE's Live Gamer Exchange? Will an item or character purchased there be layable on the gold level of EQ2x?

Is there PvP and player housing options in EQ2x?

Comments

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

EQ2extended is a watered down version with tons of restrictions. Will it break the game... Dont know. But here is the info.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Originally posted by Ankor

So EQ2x is basically a watered down verion of EQ2 but free.  Then you can purchase furhter access to EQ2 inside the Extendd version of the game all the way up to silver, gold and platnum?

So....

How does this effect the player to player market over at SOE's Live Gamer Exchange? Will an item or character purchased there be layable on the gold level of EQ2x?

Is there PvP and player housing options in EQ2x?

Live exchange is based on a different server (2?) to the extended as far as I can tell & is not part of the extended service, i.e. you would need a full subscription to live to access anything bought with it, & only be able to access live exchange items on the specific servers it is for.

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

Ok that helps some thanks.

I just dont have a lot of time at all to lvl up via time sink/grind, so thats why I ask about the Live Game Exchange stuff.

Thank you.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Im actually really enjoying this game, i forgot how good everquest 2 actually was, however i doont like this eq2 extended thing, its stupid in my opinion.

I wanted to go full but the fact that id lose my character, forcing me to start over, anyone i did meet and enjoyed playing with i wouldnt be able to continue doing so because the extended servers arent the same as the live servers.

I dont know what im going to do, maybe illjust stick to the free version until ff14, because i think the way the implimented this is pretty shady, and a lot of the current eq2 subscribers seem to believe sony is in the process of dumping the live game in an effort to  squeeze every dime out of the item mall in the free version.

Ill just wait and see waht happen.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

I guess I am at the point I cant spare the time to lvl up sadly.

So i I need the game exchange thinger.  Used to loath them, now I need them to keep up.

So I guess I may have to go to a regular server.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I guess I am at the point I cant spare the time to lvl up sadly.

So i I need the game exchange thinger.  Used to loath them, now I need them to keep up.

So I guess I may have to go to a regular server.

Keep up with who?

I dont undersand why you cant just grind at your own pace, you will eventually get to end game.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Loath grinding.  Work 50 hour work weeks, married with kids.  Last thing I want to do is spend hours hacking at goblins for XP to get a lvl.  I dont want to work at video games anymore, I just want to have the fun hobbie that they are.

I know the genre is split on this, I accept it, but all I care about is end game, not the mind numbing hours it takes to get there.

:)

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

SOE just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Loath grinding.  Work 50 hour work weeks, married with kids.  Last thing I want to do is spend hours hacking at goblins for XP to get a lvl.  I dont want to work at video games anymore, I just want to have the fun hobbie that they are.

I know the genre is split on this, I accept it, but all I care about is end game, not the mind numbing hours it takes to get there.

I have to be honest.  More often than not the endgame feels like more of a grind to me than the path to it to me.

Different experiences and entertainment values for everyone though to be sure.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I have to be honest.  More often than not the endgame feels like more of a grind to me than the path to it to me.

Different experiences and entertainment values for everyone though to be sure.

Agreed, and a very good point too.  I guess with someof us older gamers, we recall the past maybe TO fondly, and nothing really every adds up.

Now to find a server to play on EQ2....tho i hear they all merged....and there are changes comming to EQ2 as well....lol