Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please tell me about various avenues of PvP

What type of PvP exsists in Vangaurd?

Very close to joining, and if I do I will be looking for an adult guild of fun people to join :)

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

there is none anymore. i thought the samething but i was told there is no more.  but the game is still great!!!

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

huh?

THe main website and front page of their official web site talks of "becoming a master of PvP"....so I would assume there has to be SOME form of PvP?

• JustinBeiberJustinBeiber Member Posts: 8

There used to be a PvP server, but it was pretty dead, I think only 100 people played it...if even that much. It got merged into Telon. 

VG is more of a PvE game now.

Right, I understand that.

But, is thre ANY type of PvP at all?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by Ankor

huh?

THe main website and front page of their official web site talks of "becoming a master of PvP"....so I would assume there has to be SOME form of PvP?

Hello Ankor,

I'm unsure about te pvp server but they merged down several servers and from what I understand the pvp server had ane extremely small population.

It's not really a pvp game.

If you are primarily a pvp player you will be dissapointed. I believe there are people who pvp but I think it's more duels/arena sort of thing.

As a point of note, I am a huge fan of vanguard but had to take several months off from playing. Came back in earnest last night.

Seemed livel enough for Vanguard but I doubt you will get your pvp game on.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Thank you for the replies.

I am dying to find a game with player housing and some sort of pvp, and regardless of what people think of it, being ner 50, i dont ahve time to grind, so the store offers me the ability to jump in.

Vanguard seems PERFECT....if it has just a wee bit of PvP I would be happy - lol

Duels and Arenas I can live with...though that is really the absolute lowest level of PvP....but heck, beggars cant be choosers!

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

Originally posted by punkrock

there is none anymore. i thought the samething but i was told there is no more.  but the game is still great!!!

That's not exactly true,their is the floating arena where you can PVP.

Is DAOC still alive?

That is the other thing...all these great older games are reportedly on the fringe.....SWG, EQ2, Vangaurd, DAOC.....

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I'm not sure about SWG, but EQ2 is shifting its business model, so I don't think it will be on the verge any time soon. DAoC is experiencing a bit of a resurgence from what I've read, but nothing huge. VG is the closest one to dying sadly. It's a great game, but between the horrible launch and Sony slowly smothering it to death, its future isn't very bright.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Play EQ2. It is almost exactly like Vanguard, but with PvP servers with battelgrounds, open pvp, arena and sieges some times a day. I say same as vanguard because it has lot of races, classes, dungeons, raids, tons of mobs, lore, interesting quests, player and guild housing, decoration of houses, tons of content (it has a lot of expansions already), etc etc etc. Try it, it has a trial and even a new free to play server, though i recommend you to play the pay to play game first using the trial to test if you like it. You can also change lot of performance options  to fit your system, I play almost maxed and graphics are almost similar to vanguard.

yeah, slowly but surely I am leaning to EQ2 i think

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

There was supposed to be guild vs guild territory control. That was coming oh about...3 years ago. Thanks to SoE, we'll never see it. 

i think vanguard has more people then DAOC. last time i checked was last month and the most people i have seen were 2K kind of close to 3k . there is one server and EU mixed with usa servers lol.  just like this game is

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by Garvon3

There was supposed to be guild vs guild territory control. That was coming oh about...3 years ago. Thanks to SoE, we'll never see it. 

Not SOE's fault, PvP content was supposed to be in before game launch, but the game was what?  2 years from being completed?  Anybody who's familiar with SOE should know that they really don't know how to do PvP anyway.  They had PvP by ways of Zek servers in EQ, they had several PvP servers in EQ2, but slowly they stopped supporting PvP rulesets and they merged and merged.  SOE simply doesn't know how to do PvP, and I guess I was one of those that got fooled into thinking Brad & Sigil could implement proper PvP in Vanguard.

Best PvP fun in Vanguard was during the first year, when FFA PvP server was fresh, and we had over 2k players on the server.  We had tons of fights, people grouping, fighting, ganking, not sure who to trust, etc..  My guild had to setup small aliances so we could figure out who to trust and who to kill.  It was really fun.  But without any PvP support, without devs fixing PvP issues, class balance issues, without devs fixing exploits, the PvP servers started dying out very quickly.  By the time I left the game there were roughly 500'ish players on the FFA PvP server.  This was at the 1 year mark after launch.

I logged on a year ago and there were roughly 50 players on during prime time.  So yeah, no surprise SOE merged the PvP server with the regular PvE servers.  Now Vanguard has 1 server, PvE based, with only arena for those that want to PvP (duels pretty much).  Don't play Vanguard if you are interested in PvP.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by punkrock

i think vanguard has more people then DAOC. last time i checked was last month and the most people i have seen were 2K kind of close to 3k . there is one server and EU mixed with usa servers lol.  just like this game is

Vanguard with its 1 server does not have 2k+ people on even during prime time.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Unfortunately the PVP server has shut down. It was a lot of fun while it lasted (as long as you didnt play one of the many gimped classes). I went from game to game when the population died here a couple years ago trying to find my next long-term home and was disappointed again and again with the games that came out after Vangaurd. I tried them all but AION (too cartoony for my taste) until luckily I found a good one that I am sticking with until it goes down (Darkfall Online) even if the population dies . ..

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA