Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 best mmorpgs you've played.

Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

For me:

1.) Ultima Online- My first played. Best experience of my gaming life.

2.) Dark Age of Camelot- My first 3D MMO.

3.) Earth and Beyond- My first Space MMO.

4.) Final Fantasy XI- My first MMO that I made actual friends online.

5.) World of Warcraft- My current favorite.

*Order in which I have played them.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Comments

• FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

1) Asheron's Call - best MMORPG of all time

2) Eve Online - great game, but not very good solo

3) Planetside - don't know if it counts, but I like shooting at people

I don't really like anything else. Most mmorpgs are too slow paced and group dependant.

• Asmodeus_Asmodeus_ Member Posts: 223

1) Ashen Empire aka Dransik (2.5-4years)

2) Tibia (1.5 year)

3) World of warcraft (2months)

4) Astonia III (4months)

5) Everquest2 ... (2months)

My top 5

• FarulosonothFarulosonoth Member UncommonPosts: 107

1) AOL NWN
    2) Meridian 59
    3) Ultima Online
    4) Everquest

Everquest is the last one, have yet to find something better. I've played EQ2, but not going to put it on my favorites list because I shortly left it to return to EQ1

• ConnoisseurConnoisseur Member Posts: 273

Dransik- 2D fantasy MMORPG.
    Ashen Empires - Isometric fantasy MMORPG.
    Face of Mankind - Sci-fi FPS with RPG elements.
    Star Wars Galaxies - Mainstream casual traditional sci-fi MMORPG.
    City of Heroes - Mainstream casual traditional eccentric MMORPG.

• josjikawajosjikawa Member Posts: 209

1. World of Warcraft

2. Pristontale

3. Ragnarok

4. Endlessages

5. Planetside

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

1) EQ - content, content, content, and more content ... best raiding experience you could ever have, short of PvP sieges.
    2) UO - history, superior depth, and almost limitless versatility
    3) ATITD - a game entirely unlike any other MMOG on the market
    4) EVE - innovative, sleek, versatile, and multifaceted
    5) AO - superb class definitions, excellent mission + item combination (ClickSaver is god)

These are the only 5 games I have quit and rejoined.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

1.) UO
    2.) Everquest
    3.) Everquest II
    4.) Dark Age of Camelot
    5.) Star Wars Galaxies

I put EQ 1 above 2 becuase at the time EQ1 was more awe'ing to me then when I started EQ 2. I was hoever very new to first person MMO's at the time and it seemed rather mysterious to me. EQ 2 brought alot of that back for me many years later however.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• Snarl-WoWSnarl-WoW Member Posts: 33

1. UO - 1998 to 2005 + image

2. Shadowbane - 2003 to 2005 + image

3. Guild Wars - Beta - Goes live on the 28th image

4. World of Warcraft - Since release. image

5. Im waiting for the next Shadowbane.image

• zeus88zeus88 Member Posts: 58

1) World of Warcraft
    2) City of Heroes
    3) Eve Online
    4) The Sims online
    5) The Matrix Online

• differentdifferent Member Posts: 180

1. UO - My first on MMORPG. Was forced to quit after 2 months. There was no such thing as a flat rate at the time and a $1500 phone bill for 2 months was too much. Have since thought about rejoining but times change

2. WWIIOL - must have game for history or sim freaks. So the graphics arent the best but the mechanics and physics of the game are top class. Very immersive

3. SWG - Star Wars theme, player cities and a very good RP community.

4. EQ2 - Depth depth depth, there's so much to do......it's just hard to get there to do it.

5. MxO - Only just launched and still buggy but having live actors playing the main characters and the live events give it 5th place

--------------------

Also played/play but outside my top 5

WoW - love the graphics and sound, and the attention to detail
    EVE - been back several times but it somehow doesn't quite "stick" with me. Don't know why because it essentially has everything I want in a MMORPG. On EDIT: Not being able to leave the ship and go planetside is my problem....
    Everquest - Loved it for a couple of months but became a grind IMHO. It's probably changed a lot since I played though which was at release
    EnB - Sweet game - Bastards jacked it before I could rejoin
    DAOC - bit of a grind.

Don't think I've missed any ::::02::

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

umm let's see..

1: FFXI Best MMO Ive played until now.

2: GuildWars yeah, Its a really good game, and is not even out yet.Played all Beta's.

3: Ragnarok Online Ive never played suchg an addicting MMO like this one.You can solo most of the game wich is a plus, evertyhing is cool about this game. It's like a mix between 2d and 3d enviorment, but of course by now almost everyone knows about ro..

4: WoW I didn't expect the game to be this good, it's good for begginirs and hardcore players alike.

5: Um, UO...

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

#1: Star Wars Galaxies (Sucked in beta and at launch... totally different game now). SOE really listened to the players and works with us very well now. Especially in the last 3-4 months (I think we have WOW to thank for that)

#2: Ultima Online. To this day the only MMO that comes close is SWG which is better because of space combat, better graphics, better interface. But UO had the skill system to end all skill systems. It baffles me that nobody has adapted this skill system to a modern MMO.

#3: EverQuest: Love it or Hate it it was king for a very very long time and is STILL the most addictive MMO out there.

#4: Torn between DAOC and EVE here. Both very good games in their own right. I enjoyed DAOC more but that's not because of any failing in EVE other than it's just not my style of space game.

#5: Believe it or not: Earth & Beyond...

All that said:
    If I could include a game that never made it to release:
    #1 (before SWG came out, and possibly even to this day) WOULD have been Multiplayer Battletech 3025. Unfortunately EA cancelled it before it went live.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• deidesdeides Member Posts: 197

1) Ultima online... What the previous person said about the skill system in UO, thats me too. I hate class systems, they are too restrictive.

2) EVE really great game, still waiting for them to make combat more interesting

3) Star wars Galaxies - what im playing at the moment, me next big mmo (methinks!)

4) rose online - I havent played much, but my girlfriend loves it - and my girlfriend usually hates computers, so i ll give it my vote for that reason (she spends more time on the computer than me1 hehe)

• FraggleFraggle Member UncommonPosts: 117

1) Dark age of Camelot

2) Asherons Call

3) Planetside

4) Starwars Galaxies

5) Asherons Call 2

• BilasBilas Member Posts: 78

My most favorite MMOG -

1) Everquest - My first MMORPG - Great times there!

2) WOW - My current favorite game!

3) DAOC - Was fun but now playing WOW

4) NWN - Still playing and still fun!

5) Anarchy Online - I like Sci-Fi and this is a good MMORPG!

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?"

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

1- City of Heroes.  Wonderfull. image

2- Everquest.  A classic will always remain a classic.

3+ Those spots are not awarded yet, I dont feel what I experience was worth been awarded a place.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• 1.Mxo
    2.Lineage The Blood Pledge
    3.CoH
    4.FFXI
    5.DAoC

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

1: UO
    2: Eve Online
    3: EverQuest 1
    4: Earth and Beyond

I really dont have a fifth favorite after that

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• TeeiTeei Member Posts: 175

1. World of Warcraft - Overall the best mmorpg so far.

2. Star Wars Galaxies - Great RP community, player driven economy system, virtual world.

3. Dark Age of Camalot - Similar to WoW. DAoC is great overall.

4. City of Heroes - Best combat system in any mmorpg.

5. EverQuest 2 - Nice graphic, fun crafting system, decent gameplay.

• KendalKendal Member Posts: 4

WoW  -- best ever

Ultima

City of Heros

--Kendal

Michael Reed
    www.pentaworks.org

• KielbasaKielbasa Member Posts: 4

1. UO

2. guild wars

3. WoW

4. DAoC

5. E2, never actually played it but im sure it makes top 5 image

Bring out yer broad sword. theres the hydra. Slice his throat! and grab his scrote. You take the high road, ill take the low. there! the crevasse. Fill it! with your mighty juuuuuuuice.

• lewllewl Member Posts: 86

1-DAoC- I like this one the best excellent group dynamics. Challenging RvR .. real challenging got to get in agroup and practice until it works well together etc. Catapults make it much more fun. the game keeps getting better.
    2- SWG- Liked the reasources part. I ended up doing allot of mining but found the game turned into more like work runing aorund paying for the mines etc. Did some missions trying to get in good with the HUtt group dynamics not really there everyone just shoots.. sometimes there was a medic muscian etc.. I heard they've made ti bettter so I migth go back and try it.
    3- Shadowbane - Played a bunch just got frustraded trying to log in. I liked the levitation part (rolled a warlock) .. server got domineted by one guild withing the forst month.
    4- WoW kinda fun .. graphics are a bit too cartoonish did a bunch of quests, collected some resources, but in the end got kinda board with it around lvl 20 and only played for the stress test. Group dynamic not as fun as DAoC, also not as many classes to try, and never got to RvR.. took a bunch of balloon rides though.
    5- MxO - might be kinda cool ? again just played for the stress test did a bunch missions try to do some crafiting. didn't play that much, I'm not a power gamer.

Also played Horizon Linange2 Sims Online... never played everquest .. thinking Dark and Light could be interesting.

• DraegisDraegis Member Posts: 14

1. Everquest

2. World of Warcraft

3. Everquest Online Adventures: Frontiers

Thats all realy...

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

Asherons call

the matrix online

star wars galaxies

dark age of camelot

FFXI

WoW

• DrimacusDrimacus Member Posts: 82

1. Asheron's Call - first and best MMORPG ever and the best PvP of all time (well, until 2001...)
    2. Dark Age of Camelot - came after AC... very, very fun
    3. World War II Online - World War II + MMORPG = fun
    4. Eve Online - currently playing it, very fun
    5. Planetside/WoW - both have good graphics, but mediocre gameplay