Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG with good player housing & PvP...maybe a guild too?

AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

I have played a dozen or so MMOs, just like the rest of you.

Here is a little about myself so you get a flavor for what I am like.

I love to explore, be in guilds, I dont mind RP and love to just chat and laugh with other adults.  I loath dungeon running over and over, but will do it every now and then to help a buddy out.  Graphics dont mean as much to me, but sound is a huge deal to me. I am 40 yrs old.

Finding a game that I can stick to, that has a core group of adult players with similar interests has been a very difficult thing to find over the alst 3 years.

I enjoy PvP a lot and Player housing seems to be this wierd obsession of mine! 

SWG seems to have done player housing best.  And I know other games such as AoC and Guild Wars all do it in terms of a guild city/island/area.....really wish AoC had player housing.

I know Anarchy Online had instanced housing, as does LotRO and I think EQ2.

While games like WoW have none....or EVE has Space stations for the player Corps....or Fallen Earth as a game that seems to be perfect for it....yet has none either (tho they promise it....it still is not in game).

Darkfall had intereting player housing, however it was out of reach for the casual gamer imo.

I have heard Mortal Online has it as well....though I hear that game is not doing to well.

Frogive the rambling....its been so long - lol

Any thoughts?

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I unlike u dont really care about player housing or pvp. That said i dont really play alot of diff games wow for 5 yrs and messeda round in dd0 tried guildwars on trial tried perfect world. never liekd any of these. As for the other stuff im waiting to see how swtor does it. I am a star wars fan boy so swtor is a game im really looking forward to and will have all the things u have stated.

with ships for player housing pvp battlegrounds . Weather they have pvp servers so the whole world is a pvp area is something we dont know yet. But if u cant wait till then i cant help u but once swtor comes out it will have all the elements u seem to be looking for.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

EQ2 has good player housing. They have PVP but I havnt played it since they adopted it. I believe its a battle grounds type  PVP but not sure.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

I thought EQ2's player housing was all instanced?

Also its going F2P isnt it?

I guess its an intersting possibility, though finding folk that still play it may be an issue.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

EQ2 will soon have F2P servers but will retain P2P servers as well. Contrary to what the haters say AB had a good population when I played and friends say it still does. Yes the housing is instanced.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Hmm, Vanguard maybe? Also, LOTRO is going free to play soon as well and has an entire village of player houses, worth a look.  Although these really aren't as open PVP as Darkfall.  If ya want a decent PvP game with player housing, it maybe old and a bit oudated graphics but alot swear by Dark Age of Camelot.

imageimage

Ya know what, Dark age of Camelot never really crossed my thoughts.

I know folk swear by it's PvP and i didnt know it had player housing.

THats really not a bad idea....though I wonder just how bad the population is now-a-days?

Hadnt thought of it.  THanks

I guess part of me is just trying not to return, again, to SWG....lol....

REally wish AoC had player housing...or Fallen EArth ....

Thank you

• FawarendanFawarendan Member Posts: 98

I think you should give a look into older games, such as UO and etc.

But based on what u said here, u really should check out Tibia:

• It's F2P but with a Premium Account option. PA's get the best parts of the game, best hunting zones, best cities AND player housing;

• One of the best housing systems i've ever seen. There are only a limited amount of houses in the game, they are located inside big cities in single houses or big apartments. There's always some free houses to buy. U bid in auctions to gain the ownership of a house and then u have to pay rent for it. It's a huge social factor in Tibia, as players often display their top itens inside the house;

• If you like PvP, Tibia has one of the best out there. PvP-Enforced servers are huge warzones, normal servers have defensive PvP, and there are some No-PvP servers. The best aspects of Tibia PvP are: heavy death penalties (u lose 1 equiped iten, your bag and experience, but there are ways to lower the penalties) AND there's not a massive gap between low level and high level players (3 low level players can easily kill a high level player if done right, note that there's no level cap in tibia so 3 50's can easily kill a 100 but 3 50's will probably get owned by a 400, but there's few people past level 150);

• If you plan on starting on a PvP-Enforced server, i advise you to bring some friends together and be nice until u hit a decent level, otherwise there'll be TOTAL WAR;

• One time, my group of friends (about 5 SoulBrother's) started to fight against another group of friends (about 6 Musa's) constantly. We would fight over the hunting spot at the swamps and elven fortress all time. One of our friends was a very skilled paladin so about everytime we owned them. We got better and they were starting to lose levels, so they bringed a couple of high levels to fight against us. We did the same, and the thing kept on. The final fight was pure chaos, almost every one of Venore (one of the main 3 cities) engaged the war (SB's, Musas, Trolls, Assassins and Peacefighters), it was like 20x20x20x20 on the streets. We all died so many times we retired from there haha.

• There's plenty of exploration to be done, plenty of mature people and mature guilds (although, im not going to lie, there are some douchebags);

• There's no such thing as dungeon running, there are no instances also. You and your mates go hunting together and that's it;

• Graphics are crappy 2D but u said it doesn't matter;

• Now this may be a huge letdown for you, Tibia has no sounds at all. NONE. I'm also a huge fan of sound but whenever i play Tibia, i'd better get my IPod ready;

Playing: Starcraft II.
    Played: Tibia, Ragnarok Online, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft.
    Wanna play: Guild Wars 2, SW:TOR, Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo III.

sounded pretty good until 2D and no sound.

also i cant stand time sink hardcore lvl grinds...to old to spend a day hacking at pixels to gain xp

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

If housing is that important, then there is not much choice besides SWG. Housing in other games will grow old very fast if you are used to SWG housing. Starsider server in SWG has enough players in all your mentioned activities. Lot of the times combined in playermade events. Its just not the same old SWG anymore.

If instanced housing is ok, then I think that EQ2 or Vanguard could be nice. Just dont know how the PVP is in those games.

yeah...thats what i was afraid of

now if only i hadnt gotten rid of all my swg accts lol

kinda wanting to expand past it....

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Philby

EQ2 will soon have F2P servers but will retain P2P servers as well. Contrary to what the haters say AB had a good population when I played and friends say it still does. Yes the housing is instanced.

EQ2's housing IS instanced, but....anyone can visit you and the housing is RIDICULOUSLY customizable. It is NOTHING like the housing in LotRO or Runes of Magic.  You have complete freedom in customizing your home, so seriously...if you're really into housing customization...imo, EQ2 has some of the very best potential for you.

Also...the population tends to be older. I'm 47, and everyone in my guild is over 30. There are a LOT of guild like that.

PvP battlegrounds are becoming more and more popular. However, since EQ2 was intended as a PvE game...most of the veteran players, from what I've seen....show only moderate (if any) interest in it.  A lot of the players on Everfrost, that I've noticed, that are really into PvP....came from other games.  But hey...if you're into it....it's there for you.

As far as EQ2 going free to play....no actually it's NOT.  EQ2X is free to play.  It doesn't have anything to do with EQ2, it's like an entirely different thing.  It has it's own servers, it's own item shop with stats items, etc.  (Gross, eww, icky...if you ask ME.)  I've been playing EQ2 since Feb. 2005 and love it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

thanks for the feedback

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by Ankor

Ya know what, Dark age of Camelot never really crossed my thoughts.

I know folk swear by it's PvP and i didnt know it had player housing.

THats really not a bad idea....though I wonder just how bad the population is now-a-days?

Hadnt thought of it.  THanks

I guess part of me is just trying not to return, again, to SWG....lol....

REally wish AoC had player housing...or Fallen EArth ....

Thank you

Think about how PERFECT Swg was in that aspect. Housing, Venders, Advertising, Resource collecting, Customizable housing, dynamic crafting. PVP was good raiding cities, had great RP elements, and faction vs faction rivarlies that was enhanced by guild vs guild termoil. Hell you could go camping and it had a strategic bonus if doing a raid with a camp set up near the enemy town.

It was fun just setting up a house and some resource gather machines alongside some other homes and u could start up a business. I loved how u could actually shop in the homes of the enemy city u raided just the previous night. Like ok we owned all of u one night, now i am shopping for your goods.

SWG was perfect in the social element. Nothing else comes close huh.

yeah, but i dont want to play SWG lol

Originally posted by punkrock

3 of my pick.

SWG

Vanguard

DAOC

but....arnt all 3 close to going under?