Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG which is girl friendly.

TrionTrion Member Posts: 3

Hello, everyone!

This is kind of my very FIRST post in the site so I hope to get some kind of convincing answers. As what the title says, I'm looking for a game which is girl friendly. That is mainly because of the fact that me and my lover are in a long distance relationship. Just to keep her busy away from the worries that she experiences while I'm not with her, she came up with a topic about games the last time we talked on the phone. Because of that, I came up with the idea of playing an online game with her.

Can you guys recommend me some fun games to play (f2p) which is interactively fun and not that of a hassle to play? She's a Korean. She even asked me if I've played Starcraft before and it surprised me LOL Anyways, I've thought of games like Left4Dead, Audition, iDate Online, and Ragnarok but I need more suggestions from the masses.

Thanks a bunch for reading in the first place and suggesting some.

Comments

• LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259

Welcome to the site and grats on finding a chick who likes StarCraft! lol

I always thought a good simple MMO that isn't hard to grasp would be FlyFF, if you want simple gameplay that also allows you to spend time together. It's a grinder, so that allows for conversation while you play to pass time! Also the graphics aren't bad and it's got a cuteness to it, alot of females play it from my experience so it's doing something right for them lol.

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• TrionTrion Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Luxumaru

Welcome to the site and grats on finding a chick who likes StarCraft! lol

I always thought a good simple MMO that isn't hard to grasp would be FlyFF, if you want simple gameplay that also allows you to spend time together. It's a grinder, so that allows for conversation while you play to pass time! Also the graphics aren't bad and it's got a cuteness to it, alot of females play it from my experience so it's doing something right for them lol.

Thank you for such warm welcome. First of all, she's not that of an avid gamer who spends hours to play XD She only knew starcraft maybe because of the fact that her brother plays it.

Anyways, I've thought of FLYFF but the grinding there kind of makes me think that it might bore her if we had to grind for too much. I've played the early years of FLYFF before but when I had my first flying board, I unhestitatingly quit. Maybe its more different from then on. Does the game requires moderate to heavy grinding? I want to know because I might consider the "kawaiiness" of the game as from what I've noticed.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

everquest 2

• barhoombarhoom Member UncommonPosts: 29

everquest 2 x, DDO  or lord of the rings online

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think it will depend a bit on what really appeals to her. If she would like a beautiful game I would say Aion. Especially if she is more of a girly girl she may really like the attention to detail that is in the costuming. Also, many girls really like angels which Aion has no shortage of such imagery. If she is more feminist she may be offended by the way women are portrayed but that is usually more of a problem with certain western chicks rather than the eastern girls. A girl that likes a game that will enable her to take on a character that will make her feel pretty will really like Aion.

If she is more of a nester and likes work on interiors she may really like the housing system of EQ2. If she has a decorating bug then there is a lot she can do there. Of course it takes time to get or make things but the potential is there. Go to the EQ2 forums and look up the section called "Norathian Homeshow" I think you will be blown away with what some people have done with their homes there. Even if you are not into that sort of thing it is still impressive to see what others can do.

If you want a very social, non-violent, crafting kind of game try out A Tale In the Desert. But it is all about building an ancient society so be prepared for it to be different. there isn't even any money in that game. it is all done by barter. I know several couple in that game already. I think some chicks really dig being able to build a little home with their boyfriends where they can raise sheep and vegetables.

All die, so die well.

• TrionTrion Member Posts: 3

Isn't EQ requires a subscription? I'm not quite sure of that >< The idea regarding the housing system might appeal her. How about the grinding in the game? Are the house furnitures obtainable via crafting or some sort?

I really appreciate the effort you guys are doing to be informative wwith such suggestions.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

EQ2 is releasing or has released a F2P model. I am not sure on all the details but it might be worth checking into.

D&D online may be another one worth looking at, Lord of the rings also has a F2P model. Any of those would be good choices I think.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

well eq2 will open up a new f2p server but with some restrictions. But ye u CAN grind and you can choose not to. Theres alot to do in game for many different play styles. I knew alot of "pairs" who played it togethr and had alot of  fun. if u wanna have the same lvling pace she can just take up crafting or start decorating ur house when ur not playing, and when shes not on, well thats when u play ur main ;) !

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Any game is girl friendly, does not matter if you have a Penis or a Vagina

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Any game is girl friendly, does not matter if you have a Penis or a Vagina

^^ This.

But I would recommend Lord of the Rings. It's going F2P so you two won't have to pay for it and it has in-game chat. The community is very mild...well, I don't know if it will stay that way but it is now. It has a very small learning curve as well if she is new to gaming. It's definitely a good entry-level game.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Trion

Isn't EQ requires a subscription? I'm not quite sure of that >< The idea regarding the housing system might appeal her. How about the grinding in the game? Are the house furnitures obtainable via crafting or some sort?

I really appreciate the effort you guys are doing to be informative wwith such suggestions.

yes, normally but as mentioned they are starting a f2p that is now in beta. EQ2 is like WoW in being quest based. There is a reputation system with many factions though so you could grind on that. Most of the basic furniture can be bought within the game or made if you take carpentry as your tradeskill. The nice thing in EQ2 is that trade skilling is completely independent of adventure leveling so you dont even have to level to level up your tradeskill. There are lots of other housing items in the game though. Trophies for killing bosses. quests that give you house items. house pets you can buy. items you can get from the card game. Whole sets of nice furniture you can buy with cash from the sony cash shop. you can convert certain quest rewards, those from heritage quests into house trophies. each legend and lore quest gives you a wall trophy. old mounts can be converted into house items. there are two monthly as well as several yearly events like for christmas and such that will give you ridiculous amounts of house items. and finally you also sometimes get house items as veteran rewards for the amount of time you have actively played the game. There is really an endless number of ways to get items is that game for your home. oh, and there are like 600+ books within the game, many that you find will give you quests but once you finish the quest the book will be converted into a house item that can be put on an actual book shelf.

But if she is more just wanting to play a game, do quests, be in a group, that standard wowish stuff I would seriously check out Aion. There are a lot of women in that game simply because it is aesthetically stunning. And it is a korean game for that matter, don't know if that will appeal to your girl. Aion is, however much more grindy, slower leveling curve, more repeatable quests and such. You will not blow through its 50, soon to be 55 levels in a month or two. it will be 4 or more. But it is not as bad as it was at release, the shallowed the curve a good bit, increased the exp rewards from quests, added more quests and this expansion in a few weeks will add two instances for low and mid levels in addition to all new endgame stuff.

All die, so die well.

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

I'd have to disagree on the Aion recommendation. First off, it's a PVPvE game. If she's not a gamer, that might turn her off as her first gaming experience. And the current state of Aion is unbalanced. If you are on the losing side it's a gankfest. Second, Aion crafting is not all that enjoyable. It's expensive and the RNG stinks. Running dungeons...again, the drop rates are horrible so not that enjoyable. Aion is very grindy. It was much more fun at release, when there were alot of people playing who were NOT at level cap wearing full PVP gear. You could actually go rifting and PVP similarly leveled players. Now there are too many griefers, making it difficult to just go out and quest. Oh and I haven't even mentioned the gold sellers and bots.

LOTRO has housing too, thought not as robust as EQ. But it's a 'gentle' introduction to MMO gaming. I'd recommend EQ or LOTRO.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I'd recommend EQ2 also, something for every kind of gamer in it, & there are many females playing already. DDO & LoTRO are good considerations too but I'd try eq2 1st & try the others later.

• YarlyYarly Member Posts: 53

Perfect World, Perfect World, Perfect World a thousand times.

Its made for couples and has more girls than guys it seems.  There are options to hold and kiss too.

It is also the best f2p mmo imo.

Guild Wars 2!

• VaettirVaettir Member Posts: 68

If you want quick story-oriented content without too much grinding (unless you decide to play particularly hardcore), I'd actually recommend Guild Wars. It doesn't have a sub, (which is great for the casual) and grouping is fun, entirely optional, and instanced (if you want some "alone time" together). 

If instancing, strict adherence to a storyline, and lack of open-world PvP turns you off, though, I'd suggest you find something else. Technically, it's a cooperative online RPG, rather than an MMORPG. It does quick and casual very well, but it's not for everyone. 

For a girlfriend who's not particularly into MMO's, it might be a pretty good fit.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Why not ask her what she has tried, what she likes and dislikes? I know, I know, talking to her is hard and listening to random people might be a better idea since they have no idea what she enjoys.

Just because people who post here like a certain game type, or think that certain games cater to girls more then others, doesn't mean she will even like that type.

Communcation is key in a relationship. Speak with her!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

DDO and Guildwars right now (GW costs a few bucks to get but is free after that, it has a free trial).

LOTRO and EQ2 will also get F2P next month if those 2 doesn't work for you, both of those have many female gamers (but so do DDO and GW).

• enaz13enaz13 Member UncommonPosts: 102

I would say the DDO route would be good. Its the kind of game i think caters well to indivuals who will play together alot. Its very grp oriented and i think the set up of having dungeons(mostly) you both can do together is fun for couples to do. Its the modified F2p option so trying it for free is a bonus.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Don't think this was mentioned, and quite suprised that it wasn't, but look into maginogi, Its anime based, very cute, lots and LOTS of costumes/customization, and plenty of things to do. The dunegons are sorta 'dull' because for the most part, they have the same basic 'layout'

But theres plenty of things to do in mab, and the crafting system is pretty extensive. It is 'grindy' somewhat, but only in that you 'grind' out a skill(sorta). For levels, u can rebirth every few weeks, start gain at lv 1 (and age 10-17) and keep all your skills you have gained in your previous 'lives'.

Was a very fun game, kept me distracted for some time, although the depency onthe cash shop kinda ruined it for me. Now its even more so(before u could buy a subscription that gave u some extra perks, liek 3 'free res's and blesses' a day-ingame- but now thats all gone, and EVERYTHING is cash shop, micro payment styles. But ive know many many people who have played free, and still to this day, play compleatly free, and are still some of the highest 'level' people ingame.)

Give it's trial a shot, and (hopefully) shes not IP blocked.(Im not sure but I belive parts of europe are IP blocked but i know people in asia can play. My friend in england can't connect but my buddy in china can.)

Anyways just tossing it in as a suggestion. it IS fun, and enough to keep you distracted for a while. Very social community asside from a few asshats and e-dramawhores.

But even if not this, I wish you the best of luck, and hope u both find a game that fits your style. Happy gamehunting.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

A girl kicked my ass the other day in what may be considered the most hardcore PVP game . ... and my GF plays with me (and a lot without me) and enjoys it as well even though she does not really PVP. It took her a few weeks before she enjoyed it enough that she ended her WoW sub and uninstalled GW. Of course I cannot really see her playing without me because it is primarily clan vs clan and all about teamwork if you want any power.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I would say ROM [Runes of Magic].I don't like the GM's or devs well whomever is running the servers for the DeEVS,but the game is decently playable,sort of easy ut challenging at the same time.

The game has flaws,well it is F2P all those games have too many flaws,thing is ROM is sort of an Asian based WOW type of game and like i said it is a lot like WOW.You can play the game easily with 2 people until about the highest levels,when you start to need a full group with some having good gear,but it will keep you interested for several months until tha ttiem arrives.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KarmakaziKarmakazi Member Posts: 165

I'd say you both should play Battle of the Immortals, published by Perfect World Entertainment. It's a relatively new game, just released a few months ago. There's little to no grind, it's completely quest based leveling for the most part and the leveling is pretty fast. There's daily events and weekly special events to mix up the gameplay a bit that also give massive exp and random rewards. At lvl 50 there's a marriage system that's offered for free, you and your partner can become married in-game and recieve benefits when you're questing and grouped together. There's the usual PVP and instanced raids. This game also has a relatively unique pet system, you're able to use any monster in the game as a pet to fight for you. It looks good and will run on just about any machine. It's very user friendly, you don't have to ever worry about getting lost in the game world or having trouble finding NPC's. The end game is fairly cash shopped base but you're able to buy cash shop items from other players with in-game money so it's not really a problem. I had played it for a couple weeks and enjoyed it very much, it's a great game for beginners to the MMORPG genre and I think it would be a great place to start for you and your partner.

So yeah, that's just my 2 cents.

• imouthosimouthos Member Posts: 25

I will add a vote for Lord of the Rings Online when it goes F2P. And this is a great idea for bonding with your significant other when you're in a long distance relationship. When I started college, my S.O. was going to school in California while I was on the other side of the country it sucked until we both bought Dreamcasts and started playing Phantasy Star Online together.  I'm with someone else now, but seeing a Dreamcast or hearing that music still brings a smile to my face.

• Chris5626Chris5626 Member Posts: 9

I would probably recommend Guild Wars.

No subscription and the game and expansions are very affordable. The learning curve is not very steep at all so you don't need to worry about either of you not being able to play it or play it well enough.

Unlike a lot of MMOs you can get to max level really very quickly and there are only 20 levels so you don't need to worry about one of you getting too far ahead of the other if you play by yourselves as well.