Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer population?!

I played this game at launch, rushed to 50 on my tank :P Got bored, ye I know, my own fault.. But I remembered that before I quit, I tried playing a goblin shaman I think it was, and it was hella fun, so I just spontaneously re-subbed...

Anyway, that is besides the point.

My question is related to the free transfer everyone have gotten appearently, I can see on my account that I have a free transfer, but im not done patching the game yet, so I thought I'd ask here about the population on EU servers.

Is the pop healthy on all servers? Or is there a "best" server when it comes to population?

Thanks.

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Badlands is the most populated North American server.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Just realized when I logged in that my chosen is 40 not 50 :P confused it with Aion i guess... Didn't know what to do, and how to play it though, and t4 was empty anyway, so decided to play on my lvl 10 shaman, was good fun, found some RvR action in T1. :)

And was asking about EU servers btw..

• farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Beazt

Just realized when I logged in that my chosen is 40 not 50 :P confused it with Aion i guess... Didn't know what to do, and how to play it though, and t4 was empty anyway, so decided to play on my lvl 10 shaman, was good fun, found some RvR action in T1. :)

From personal experiance, you are better off sticking to T1 anyway. Since people can play levels 1 to 11 for free, that is about all anyone does anymore.

As to Euro servers, they were all pretty dead when I was last on them. That was about two months ago. And I thought they closed the Euro servers down not long ago. I could be mistaken however.

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, riddle 'em with bullets

• 41eX41eX Member UncommonPosts: 99

Originally posted by farginwar

From personal experiance, you are better off sticking to T1 anyway. Since people can play levels 1 to 11 for free, that is about all anyone does anymore.

As to Euro servers, they were all pretty dead when I was last on them. That was about two months ago. And I thought they closed the Euro servers down not long ago. I could be mistaken however.

No my friend, Euro servers are not dead and yes we have tap water and electricity in Europe.  :]

http://pauser.com/warhammer/popmon/all_servers.html

• mojitomojomojitomojo Member Posts: 4

T4 scenes are poping constantly, RvR has been great, lots of Order, lots of Destro, and good action. Don't listen to these guys that say the game is dead, they aren't playing. Play the game for yourself.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

One most active server for US.(Badlands) and two active servers for EU. Karak Norn and Karak Azgal. A game which launched with well over 40 servers. You decide for yourself if population is good or bad. Trials are misleading because T1 is always populated due to unlimited play time.

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

due to the server merges the pop is going strong    yeah its low but you don't care if the pop on your sever is still good.

play on a popular server and there are plenty of people playing

• farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by 41eX

No my friend, Euro servers are not dead and yes we have tap water and electricity in Europe.  :]

LOL. Yeah I remembered that what I read was the news that Euro players could now play on the American servers.

And yes I know people have running water and electricity in Europe, I'm from there.

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, riddle 'em with bullets

• Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112

Originally posted by 41eX

Thanks for the laugh 41eX.

Edit...thanked the wrong person at first....oooops.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Today I did indeed find lots of action in t4 RvR on Karak Azgal, it seems as though destro is doing alot better though, maybe it's due to more destros than orders, i don't know.

My 40 chosen is playable, but only if I have good support, my gear is hella outdated lol, and it's only RR35. 

I remember i just rushed to 40 at launch, and then we farmed empty keeps for days to get renown, but it seems like renown is easier to obtain now?

Anyway, I will only be playing it very casually for this month that I paid for, it's cool to play the game again, but still not a keeper for me :P

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

Population is great on my server and the main city is always filled with people. Im max level and the scenarios pop seconds after entering the queue. This game is very alive and the pvp is fun! Does a game need to have millions of players to be good? No.

People like to talk a lot without knowing what they are talking about on these forums.

• andurandur Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by jus10datl

Population is great on my server and the main city is always filled with people. Im max level and the scenarios pop seconds after entering the queue. This game is very alive and the pvp is fun! Does a game need to have millions of players to be good? No.

People like to talk a lot without knowing what they are talking about on these forums.

What server do you play on then? :)

• Originally posted by andur

I would guess badlands.

Originally posted by Belshazzaar

Originally posted by andur

I would guess badlands.

So badlands is the most populated one?

Im goging to start a subscription as soon as my client is downloaded and I hit the free cap. :)

• Originally posted by andur

I would guess badlands.

Im goging to start a subscription as soon as my client is downloaded and I hit the free cap. :)

From what I've heard, yes. I was running around on my free account today and there was a ton of people, although I'm not sure there will be as much after level 10.

I would guess badlands.

From what I've heard, yes. I was running around on my free account today and there was a ton of people, although I'm not sure there will be as much after level 10.

Yeah that's a given. Don't suspect to see any where near as many ppl after. But..since I never played more then a few weeks at release, I got a lot of content to enjoy. (in wait for gw2 as everyone else.)

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

i recently resubbed, had a RR 58 wh and RR 52 engi, lvled an AM to 31 the last couple weeks so i've been in all teirs recently. I'm playing on badlands since praag closed down :(...and in all teirs theres have been massive ORVR battles, probably 4-5 warbands runnin around in each teir on a givin night. The against all odds buff has helped bring out the rvr action.

Originally posted by Dominionlord

i recently resubbed, had a RR 58 wh and RR 52 engi, lvled an AM to 31 the last couple weeks so i've been in all teirs recently. I'm playing on badlands since praag closed down :(...and in all teirs theres have been massive ORVR battles, probably 4-5 warbands runnin around in each teir on a givin night. The against all odds buff has helped bring out the rvr action.

Well then, badlands it is. Thanks alot. :)

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

Originally posted by Dominionlord

Well then, badlands it is. Thanks alot. :)

It's also one of if not the most balanced servers, with order and destro raiding the city on the same day constantly.

• nclownclow Member Posts: 28

T1 is a fun experience, but the other tiers offer progressively larger, more detailed, more intricate strategic experiences. T4 has 3 parallel campaigns, keeps, city battles, king fights, and other things that T1 does not. I had a hell of a lot of fun playing in T4 and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes what they find in T1.

• I was one of those players who played from launch and quit once Aion came out.  Although I needed a break from WAR, Aion was only fun for a month or two.  Having recently come back to WAR, I regret leaving it for so long.  This game really is good if you like PvP.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Badlands is not balanced anymore. It had been until the opened transfers from EU/Asia.

Anytime you enter a Lake in T4, Destro have the AAO buff (buff to xp/renown/influence due to being out numbered).  This is during normal times of the day.  Late at night (1am pst), destro often outnumbered order.

The problem currently with badlands, is that so many order and destro came here, on the weekends the server is almost unplayable.  Constant crashes, kicking to login screen, and overall bad lag.  No problems on volkmar or Iron Rock.

But in the guild I am in alone, we have about 25 people.  No one was playing before a month or two ago.   Just doing some PvP until we can find something more fun to PvP in.

Let me say this in bold.

Play this game with friends, the more the better.  This is not a solo game.  You will have a LOT more fun as any class with a group of 6 at least.  Playing this solo, in a team based PvP game will not be nearly as fun with friends.  You will get run over solo again and again and again.  If you can't bring friends, find a guild quickly.