Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth Eternal is being sold

rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Source:

Well, the good news is that we had many parties bidding on EE. The auction for it ended today and the winner is a company most or all of you have heard of. I can't tell you who it is yet, and you can take whatever your first five guesses are and throw them out, as it's not any of them. I can't release who it is until the contract is completed and signed (another week at least), but in the meantime the game and forums will be here and all the free stuff in the cash shop will remain free for the short-term future.

There's a good chance that existing (or recently laid off, rather) SPM folks will be involved in the game again too! I'm probably going to do some consulting work for the company, and they want the help of other SPM staff members too I think. The caveat is that all is still kind of uncertain. They moved astonishingly quickly for a company their size, and even they don't quite know what they're going to do with EE and the engine yet. They need a few days to process and figure things out.

Anyway, that's the news for now. I'm pretty happy this company won the bidding, as I think they have the resources and the pre-existing audience to help make EE a success.

Sincerely,

Matt Mihaly, CEO Sparkplay Media (a funny title for someone who currently has one employee beside himself)

~Ripper

Comments

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

After seeing this post I decided to try out the game. Pretty fun little MMO, borrows heavily from WOWs UI and controls but the character progression, races and other aspects certainly make it unique enough. CS seems fair too, wonder how new management will change it or whether they'll reset the server (noticed most of the permanent items have prices on them, so maybe not?) Depending on what the end games like or how this all works out, it seems like a F2P game I wouldn't mind spending a little money on.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Wycliffe

After seeing this post I decided to try out the game. Pretty fun little MMO, borrows heavily from WOWs UI and controls but the character progression, races and other aspects certainly make it unique enough. CS seems fair too, wonder how new management will change it or whether they'll reset the server (noticed most of the permanent items have prices on them, so maybe not?) Depending on what the end games like or how this all works out, it seems like a F2P game I wouldn't mind spending a little money on.

Generally speaking, the cash shop is pretty fair. Right now, the prices for many items have been set to 0, since the future of the game was uncertain. Even before, though, the prices weren't too unreasonable, although it should be noted that they've been lowered over time, based on feedback.  Also, certain events in game trigger one-time-only  discount offers - so, if you have credits or can buy some, you can get some good deals.

~Ripper

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by rhinok

Originally posted by Wycliffe

Generally speaking, the cash shop is pretty fair. Right now, the prices for many items have been set to 0, since the future of the game was uncertain. Even before, though, the prices weren't too unreasonable, although it should be noted that they've been lowered over time, based on feedback.  Also, certain events in game trigger one-time-only  discount offers - so, if you have credits or can buy some, you can get some good deals.

~Ripper

Right now I could see myself buying a couple of CS items once the game has a secured future. For example, the permanent item grinder. I've never spent a dime in any CS game before, but for whatever reason Earth Eternal resonates with me. I hope the prices stay fair with new ownership, I wouldn't spend $15 a month to play EE but $20-30 total cash spent would be reasonable; more if they continue to expand the games content over time. Honestly if this was a GW type model and the box cost was in that ballpark I'd get it today.