Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The sins of Jagex

dartjatdartjat Member Posts: 7

Hello, my name is Dartjat and today i am going to talk about my opinion about runescape

But first a little bit of myself: I play runescape for 2 years, near 3, but since March of 2010 i quitted because the bad updates started from there. I was a member once, and my account is not that great, but i know quite a few things about the game

So, Let's get started!

Runescape, the clicking fest that everyone loves, or at least, used to love. Since the new CEO come, runescape as gone mad.

Why you may ask?

Because, if you look at the rant forums, there is always 10-15 people there, and used to be a lower ammount. Before the HP update, there was like 140K people or even more people playing, and after that they started to lose players in mass quantities.

Today if you look at the players count, theres like 90K-100K and probably a little more, but still they lost around 30K-40K people!

Now lets take a wild guess, imagine 1/4 of those players were members, all paying 3 months membership. Since membership varies, lets take the possibility they payed from the cheapest form. The cheapest membership costs 5.95 a month.

Now lets use a little of our brain: 5.95*3 = 17.85 then.... 17.85*10000 = 178500

woah... does it means they probably lost, at least, $178500? it is possible, but that might be or not true, who knows the secrets Jagex is hiding to us players?

Now... the Climbing boot Fiasco....

This only proves a thing, Jagex likes to ruin their only game....

You might be wondering "what was that climbing boot fiasco? never heard of it".

Well.. there was an iten (still is?) that costed like 100-200 GP.

Since it was cheap and useful for player killers, people had lots of it, and some had like 1k of them.

What Jagex did? raise the price of a very cheap iten, to a MASSIVE 75K PRICE.

Jagex, what the fuck was that? GREAT! now those poor pures turned into rich noobs that got more money in 1 update that most players in 10.

Players demanded a rollback, such thing should never exist! What was Jagex answer? "no account had more than 1k boots so there is no problem. And there will be no rollback"

GRATZ! you just made runescape into INFLATEDSCAPE!

Now lets take another example, the new *cough cough* skill.

By God's sake, IT'S A MINI-GAME!

Jagex filled our minds with lies! It will be a very different skill, it will affect all skills, blah blah blah, and then BAM! this shit of a skill appears. I wasnt suprised, a huge part of the players wasn't suprised that the skill was a pile of shit.

Talking a bit off-topic, but are there any games that have a skill named "dungeoneering"? i highly doubt it.

In my opinion, a skill is a thing you can train when you want and almost everywhere, expect some skills like cooking and crafting you can train it everywhere, But this is not a skill, you can only train it IN ONE FIXED SPOT!

Last but not Least, the CS. it's horrible. My friend was hacked, and emailed Jagex for his password. Never got an answer. He had to create a new account.

Plus, there is lots of WBM (wanna-be mods) that report you for nothing. I was once reported because i guy called me stupid and i called him noob.... LOL i got reported for offensive language? is noob offensive? Result: Muted for 1 day... because i called noob to a fat nerd.

So, this was my opinion about Jagex...

Feel free to comment  :D

~Dart

you may hate me, you may love me, but i will remain the same.

Comments

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

The bad patch happened way before March 2010.

Climbing boots are now 75k? LMAO.

Also, I would like to know more about this "skill" that is a "minigame".

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• dartjatdartjat Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Grimzay

The bad patch happened way before March 2010.

Climbing boots are now 75k? LMAO.

Also, I would like to know more about this "skill" that is a "minigame".

Go to the website or youtube and search "dungeoneering".... there the answer.

you may hate me, you may love me, but i will remain the same.

• ShadowruinShadowruin Member Posts: 2

Yall are all overly critical, Jagex made this skill to help out the Excitement of Runescape, and there are many people who like this skill. Including my-self

And the whole Rock Climbing Boots thing, I think that it was completely necessary because for a price of 200-900gp, you could get a pair of boots that had half of the strength bonus of Dragon Boots, Which are usually between 400k-600k. I think that it was about time that they did something about this and I completely agree with it.

Sorry for those of you who play Runescape and a sore losers about the so-called flaws that Jagex put into their game.

Shadow Ruin

•*??)
    `?.•??.•*??) ?.•*?)
    (?.•? (?.• Shadow Ruin

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Shadowruin

Yall are all overly critical, Jagex made this skill to help out the Excitement of Runescape, and there are many people who like this skill. Including my-self

And the whole Rock Climbing Boots thing, I think that it was completely necessary because for a price of 200-900gp, you could get a pair of boots that had half of the strength bonus of Dragon Boots, Which are usually between 400k-600k. I think that it was about time that they did something about this and I completely agree with it.

Sorry for those of you who play Runescape and a sore losers about the so-called flaws that Jagex put into their game.

Shadow Ruin

This can't be directed at him or me.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Originally posted by Shadowruin

Shadow Ruin

"all are all overly critical, Jagex made this skill to help out the Excitement of Runescape,"

Yo dawg, have you considered the fact that majority of RS players are older than 9 years old? 

You are downright disillusioned by the blatant propaganda Fagex excrement, you can't even relate to the general consensus.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

The rants forums on that site was always filled to the core every single time Jagex released an update. It would go up to over 200, 300, then decline shortly. A few weeks later it will rise with players saying they want an update or pure flame/spam. Then when they release a new update it all started over again.

The worst part was when they release an update that signifigantly changes the game or core of the game, the amount of players ranting are so much it actually shoves the (read: good) rants out of the forum. This was because people tend to troll alot, and it's more fun "getting what you want" then it is "living with it".

I remembered when they released better graphics while still keeping the old graphics as an option. People ranted about the HD graphics and said they wanted the "old" graphics back, saying the "new old" graphics arent that. It was one of the main reasons why I left the game, the majority of players were just people who never liked an update if it hardly benefits them or if it involves Magic skill.

• BermannBermann Member Posts: 40

A typical RuneScape coversation:

Mike - Hey dud* where can I find ****** *a****s*?

Peter - Yeah I ***** a **c** with **** yesterday ******t* lumbridge tutor **** with a ********* pot of ******** *** ***** fun.

Johnny - You have to be at least 13 to play RuneScape?!

Pmod - All banned for excessive use of offensive language. But if you apologize I might mute you to make the game even more pointless and piss you off. Viva Jagex and Lenin!