Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix is not over in my eyes.

slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Short story: When The Matrix first came out and my friends went to go see it, they told me that the movie was bad ass but by me being a fan of Jet Li kungfu movies I ignore it not only that I ignore it because it had no Chinese in it so I automatically thought it would fail in my eyes "the kungfu action". Two years went pass and I finally took a break from Jet Li and watched The Matrix and boy was I sadden that I miss out on a amazing great movie with friends, and so that is when I got hooked. Then in 03 they release the second and 3rd part to the The Matrix and man that shit was EPIC! I really enjoy the 2nd one called Reloaded because it had more story to it that combine to the first, the 3rd one was just all out action. In the early of 04 big news came out talking about a new MMO on the way base on The Matrix, every one can now be part of the Matrix and kick ass.... I was in shock of the news that this new Matrix MMO would be my very first MMO that I would surely enjoy and I did.

The Matrix just will not leave my mind, I am constantly talking about it and wondering why no one made a TV show of it and still fucking wondering why  SoE close down The Matrix Online when the Matrix online MMO was getting better. I understand that it started getting repetitive mission wise and started to drop on events and making a rapid change that kinda hurt the game and also losing some Dev teams but it still should have been worked out to keep it going, seriously SoE was on some major BS when they close it.

(B

The Matrix Online (also known as Matrix Online) was a massively multiplayer online game developed by Monolith Productions. It was the official continuation of the storyline of the Matrix series of films. The game began closed beta-testing in June 2004 which was then opened for people who pre-ordered the game in November 2004. Warner Bros. and Sega officially released MxO on March 22nd, 2005 in the United States. It was released in Europe on April 15th, 2005. The game ran continuously from then until it was ultimately shut down on July 31, 2009 by Sony Online Entertainment.[1]

S)

I would like to see The Matrix continue  just like Star wars of SoE did, I would like to see some other game company make The Matrix MMO. Here we have Bioware making a new Star wars to keep the franchise going, some team out there have to make The Matrix, don't just leave it hanging, what do you all think?

My first Poll, take it easy on me.

Comments

• pye088jpye088j Member Posts: 228

If they continue a "matrix" story without Neo and all that, sure why not. I´m not a fan of MxO though and am hoping it won´t open it´s gates again but rather a release of a new version of the game.

All statements I make is from my point of view unless stated otherwise.

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159

MXO was half of a great game.  They absolutely nailed the atmosphere of the Matrix.  It was actually one of the few MMOs where not only was RP present, it was incredibly easy to find.  I recall just finding places with people and watching scenes unfold in front of me.  It was absolutely awesome.  Unfortunately, they could have done so much more with the half that a majority of people are into... which was the gameplay.  I'd love to see a new Matrix MMO, but I don't think that it will ever be done.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

As much as I loved the Matrix movies, I just don't see a future for a Matrix MMO without a huge PR effort. If they came back and made a Matrix prequel set of movies and set the game during that, it might work, but I think they need a huge pop culture revitalization for it to work.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Look at us humans still living underground in dirt and they say we are at peace with the Machines thats funny to me, we can not even rebuild our world we once knew and lived in due to the Machines. They say we are at peace but yet still have our humans in pods draining them to death, if we was at peace the Machines would have freed the humans they capture by force correct? The whole ending of the Matrix is a bold lie from Machines to us humans in Zion because they did not even respect us enough to give us humans our saver back "Neo" it was us humans that saved Zion and the Machines world, Neo did not do it alone he had many helping hands, with out Morpheus there would be no Neo. The Dev team of Matrix Online seen that part of the story the same way I did, it was not right at all and that is why they had Morpheus damn near losing his mind trying to figure out how to get Neo remains back and when he asked nicely the Machines said no! but yet we at peace? that right there is the prime for war.

So yes to me the story is still open, we are not with peace with the Machines, the Machines lied. I have a feeling they are using Neo remains to construct some type of weapon because they refuse to give him back. LOL.... remember  we was at war with the Machines before Smith even came into code and whats really funny is that he is an Agent created by the Machines but yet they allow him to go corrupted and try to destroy the Matrix or keep it all to him self, that was all Machines work, imo a joke to us humans. Now someone/some team out there have to continue this story and allow us to "if we are Zion faction" fight the Machines from within our base of Zion not in the Matrix, we need to strike the core of the Machines.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by Talin

As much as I loved the Matrix movies, I just don't see a future for a Matrix MMO without a huge PR effort. If they came back and made a Matrix prequel set of movies and set the game during that, it might work, but I think they need a huge pop culture revitalization for it to work.

I'd love to see that. Take the movie back to where the machines are taking over and theres an all out war going on. Sort of like the new Terminator movie, but better.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

I'd love to see that. Take the movie back to where the machines are taking over and theres an all out war going on. Sort of like the new Terminator movie, but better.

I think it would be incredible if they set up a movie, or trilogy of movies, going over one of the "past" times "The One" has arisen and told part of the story in the movies, transitioning directly into a MMO afterwards. You could set up a whole new set of characters and build everything around a translation into MMO terms and gameplay. This way, the movie(s) become the backdrop setting, and game continues the story. Imagine in the final movie of the trilogy "The One" gives into the architect and is destroyed, and the machines do not stop their attack, opening up the need for the supporting cast (i.e., players) to take the battle to the machines.

As an alternate ending, "The One" finds a way to break his power apart and bestow it onto a certain percent of the population (i.e., the players) to take up the fight for him/her as a final act. This provides a logical explanation why players are somehow superior to other NPCs, without giving them all of the clout that a "Neo-type" had.  The game could then allow the evolution of powers, culminating in flight and other super-human abilities (which also make gameplay a lot more fun).

I don't think the Matrix Online was a bad idea; in fact I think the storyline-based experience was actually extremely well-done. The game suffered in other areas (engine, combat, etc) that I think another go-around could rectify.

I wonder if using an engine comparable to what Champions Online uses (fast, console-style combat) would work better, given the movie's emphasis on large scale fighting and action-based sequences. Add in a deep system of customization, skills, social interaction, etc, and I could see good things happening.

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

yo s0n MXO 2 be droppin kid I dunno why I kan post in the ova fred but maybe they done locked it cus like inside info and ish

u down for a dope a55 RP competishon?

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by neolivesftw

yo s0n MXO 2 be droppin kid I dunno why I kan post in the ova fred but maybe they done locked it cus like inside info and ish

u down for a dope a55 RP competishon?

Nearly 3 years later and you still come across as though you type with your forehead :p

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/88/view/forums/thread/238296/page/1

• CadeHowlettCadeHowlett Member Posts: 1

Well i figure they could use the unreal engine 3 and work on the stroy line and possiable base on either after the events of the trilogy or when the machines first took control.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

The Matrix is always there. We're all in it image

(a thread from 2010? lol)