Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best MMO's are yet to come

bobslybobsly Member Posts: 20

There are so many new amazing looking MMORPG's yet to be release and I need some help with the release dates if anyone know them.

The games are:

• Dragonball Online (english version)

• C9 or Continent of the Ninth (english version)

• Tera Online

• Blade & Soul

• DragonNest (english version)

• StarWars the Old Republic Online

All these games look amazing, If anyone has anything to add or anymore games that think should be on this list let me know.

Im currently playing Battle of the Immortals and have tried too many MMORPG's that i get bored of quickly, so i cant wait for some of these titles to be released.

Comments

• boibanboiban Member Posts: 3

I dont know any other mmos but the Star Wars looks great. Im gonna be one of the players of that game for sure.

• vinkikovinkiko Member Posts: 5

Really? they're gonna release an english version for c9? that game looks cool.

• ScrogdogScrogdog Member Posts: 380

The best MMOs are yet to come?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Curt Schilling's game (38 Studios) might be something when it grows up too. But I have to say that I'm pretty pessimistic about the genre in general.

• smilingbobsmilingbob Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Scrogdog

The best MMOs are yet to come?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Curt Schilling's game (38 Studios) might be something when it grows up too. But I have to say that I'm pretty pessimistic about the genre in general.

You have enough optimism to follow mmorpg.com. If you had really lost all faith, you would be playing console games right now :P

:D

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by bobsly

There are so many new amazing looking MMORPG's yet to be release and I need some help with the release dates if anyone know them.

The games are:

• Tera Online

• Blade & Soul

All these games look amazing, If anyone has anything to add or anymore games that think should be on this list let me know.

Im currently playing Battle of the Immortals and have tried too many MMORPG's that i get bored of quickly, so i cant wait for some of these titles to be released.

you forgot the best ones:

GW2 and RIFT

• RawAttitudeRawAttitude Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by sloeber

The games are:

• Tera Online

• Blade & Soul

you forgot the best ones:

GW2 and RIFT

^This. The release dates haven't been announced yet of all these games I think.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

WTB the OP's optimism.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• andreiutzandreiutz Member UncommonPosts: 36

Wanna let you know that the DB game is nothing special, it just uses the super popular manga/anime with the same name for overly excessive hype. By nothing special I mean don't expect it to be ground breaking in any way, or innovative. Same wolf, different sheep clothing.

I agree though, on GW2, TERA/C9/B&S[from the videos I've seen so far they all resemble in terms of gameplay, the console approach]. Don't forget about Vindictus, same style as T/C/B but heavily instanced, gender lock[due to story] and the game is more revolving around the story than others.[or so they say]

Haven't looked into SWO but I'm guessing it's similar to DB[as in what it's doing] with better graph. Seen some innovation but I doubt it will amass a large crowd and keep it under it's belt for the long run.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

• Tera Online

• Blade & Soul

Yeah man, few others that look amazing too: Vanguard, AoC, WAR, Aion, D&L... what could go wrong?

• SRKevSRKev Member Posts: 6

I get the feeling that Dragon Nest is gonna take over my life. I tried it at E3 and it was AWESOME!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The games are:

• Tera Online

• Blade & Soul

The current rumor (that is half official) is that TOR releases around April. TERA say that they will launch in 2011 but nothing more specific in their own faq.

But there are more games and many of them are at least as promising.

* Guildwars 2 (2011)

* Rift, planes of telara (2011)

* World of darkness online (last wording was late 2011 but rumors say CCP got delayed)

* Copernicus (With R.A Salvatore and Todd MacFairline)

* Zombie labs Zombie game (not even a name yet, will take a few years but they have a great staff)

*Neverwinter nights (really a CORPG like GW and not a true MMO, 2011)

Bethesda and Blizzard also have MMOs in development and rumors talk about another Bioware MMO is under consideration. But you are right, the future look great and 2011 seems to be the best MMO year ever. While I am sure most of the games will be pretty bad at least a few of them will be good.

• TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232

Guild Wars 2

• vincentivincenti Member Posts: 5

How about Vindictus? I've seen the trailer and I think Its a gonna be a good game, I just hope that our region is included T_T

• TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232

Gulid wars 2 is the best MMORPG yet to come. setting aside that it seems like an interesting list of good MMOs to come. I have heard of Rift few times but no idea. Gonna check out.

• No official date for TOR, but I read they're trying for a Spring 2011 release.

• AtrociousAtrocious Member UncommonPosts: 2

What about Elder Scrolls Online?

Rumor is that this game is several years into development and has a 300 million dollar budget. If it is true it is being developed by ZeniMax online and is headed up by Matt Firor who is one of the cofounders of Mythic developer of Dark Age of Camelot.

• ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

Lol I hope guild wars 2 does things right

Playing: WoW
    Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nedoxnedox Member Posts: 99

Looks like lots of gamers are waiting for GW2 (I am one of those:))

Lets just hope that game wont dissapoint us.

vps hosting-My VPS hosting choice || web hosting-My Web hosting blog

• NenariNenari Member Posts: 31

If TOR does launch in April, it will affect the launch schedules of the other 2011 MMOs.

It does seem a little odd to be launching around April though.

Was expecting a Q3/4 launch..

Then again it's just speculation.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by andreiutz

Wanna let you know that the DB game is nothing special, it just uses the super popular manga/anime with the same name for overly excessive hype. By nothing special I mean don't expect it to be ground breaking in any way, or innovative. Same wolf, different sheep clothing.

I agree though, on GW2, TERA/C9/B&S[from the videos I've seen so far they all resemble in terms of gameplay, the console approach]. Don't forget about Vindictus, same style as T/C/B but heavily instanced, gender lock[due to story] and the game is more revolving around the story than others.[or so they say]

Haven't looked into SWO but I'm guessing it's similar to DB[as in what it's doing] with better graph. Seen some innovation but I doubt it will amass a large crowd and keep it under it's belt for the long run.

According to this, the Dragon Ball game *is* something special: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

(see basic class skills under "gameplay")

And Akira Toriyama(creator of the manga) himself is contributing to the graphics,gameplay,and story of the game :o

I imagine the videos are misleading...kind of like how most DDO(dungeons and dragons online) videos on Youtube show people standing still while they attack enemies, just letting the enemy hit them the whole time as if it were Runescape, even though everyone should know that you have to aim in the game and you can dodge things.

Another possible explanation for why the youtube DBO videos make the fighting look so boring is that the players just don't feel the need to use skills like Guard, Dash, or Counterattack. The monsters that people in those videos fight ussually do 1 damage to them......

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not necro-post in old threads.

This discussion has been closed.