Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEEBIB NOOBIE NOO (2 week review)

jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

As a person who choose EVE ONLINE as there first gaming experience, u might be thinking i bit off more than i could chew; and i admitt the first 2 day's of playing iti was starting to think the same, but then EVE  can be as complicated as u want to make it. I have now been playing for 2 weeks and unfortunately i have had little sleep since,  i have never experience such delightful graphic's and lovly spacey tunes which really gives the sensation that your on another planet and while it give's me this i shall not be wanting to return to the one i'm on...........BIG THANKZ TO THE EVE TEAM ON MAKING THIS GAME...............it most be such a complicated process it blows my head off thinking about how u put the game together....WELL DONE 9/10 all round.....image   

Comments

• TosscobbleTosscobble Member Posts: 4

@ Jimmy123.... I just started playing EVE last night, and I tell ya, I can feel the addictivness creeping in....lol I was wondering if I could find some honorable players to hook up with in-game though, cause I read a story about a guy who scammed a whole lot of people for a lot of money.... How do you know if your hanging around with the "right" people.... can you trust everyone in your corp (I'm not that much of a noob....) I will make up my mind at the end of the 14-day trial period, and I'll talk to ya'll then.... ::::31::

• thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    This game is great ... but, I don't know, after a month, I wasn't feeling to keep playing. I left for something else ... But, You might stick it :)
  • ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

I thought it was the best all around sci-fi game on the market when I played it a year ago, unfortunately I couldn't get any of my RL friends to play past the trial period and I dropped it. Now we're letting our WoW accounts lapse and I'm wondering what's next.

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

I find most reactions to EVE are love/hate, your either so addicted you forget your girlfriend at the bus stop ouch) or ... in the some odd cases (seem to be related to non-educated people) say that the game "sucks" or "blows" and is "no fun", gotta love them little kids who can't spell worth a darn.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• OnnieOnnie Member Posts: 15

Hi all, i just started playing EVE a few days ago, im on the trial version at the mo, before two days ago i did not even know EVE existed :O sad but true.

So far i have to say i'm loving it! It's definately very very intimidating at first but i suggest to all noobs that you play thru all of the tutorial and if u need help or are just inquisitive ask in the ingame chat, so far everyone has been real friendly, and although space is a very big place already i can feel the close community thats there.

A special shout out to Gecho and Aussnake, without who's help i would be very lost.

FOR ME, EVE is much better than World of Borecraft. I would make an account with EVE but i want to wait and see what Matrix Online is like first, but at somepoint i can definately see myself getting into eve. 

If your thinking of trying it out, definately dont hesitate, d/l and use mmorpg.com's 14day trial and see for yourself.

Oldskool gamers, think elite, but with added MP and graphics on steroids and you have EVE. :)

• d33daved33dave Member UncommonPosts: 12
    well after 2 days i find the commands unintuitive and frustrating  i cant see me wasteing too much of my time on it let alone paying for it. i guess i'm looking for the less is more approach to  control my ship........and i'm just not getting it....oh well.image
  • NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

/me waves

Cheers! It was nice having you visit.

It just goes to show that some people have different taste in what they want and what they like. I, personally, never had any problems with any of the commands.....well except for those goofy icons that would appear round your cursor...before they had a way to turn the buggers off...well, move them to the middle mouse button anyway. ::::02::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Sorry Dave i don't agree, u must have to get your mom to dress u in the morning, i have never used a p.c before and Eve is my first online experience EVER and i find the icon menus easy to use, maybe your better off playing PACMAN.....
  • d33daved33dave Member UncommonPosts: 12

sorry junior, i listen to opinions on both sides of a question and then submit my thoughts based on my experience and preferences not yours.  as for the personal comment you decided to make, all i can say is grow up.  

there are many different types of people, and there are many different types of games for those people. maybe when your a bit more mature you will realize it.  i will how ever say thank you to EVE online and nfwolfdude for giving me the chance to try it out for free.  this game wasnt for me in this case though i'm sure others may enjoy it.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    One thing nice about EVE is that they will keep your Account on file forever.  I usually fire it up for a month, take two off, play two take one off etc. etc....