Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

play as Taliban against US troops

13»

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by aleos

Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

There's been a game similar to this that's been out for over ten years. It's called Counter-Strike.

Yes but the terrorist did not have a race, they were just terrorist

When did the Taliban become a race?

When the "war on terror" began and Americans unanimously decided that anyone from the middle-east is:

1. Muslim (commonly called Islams by the ignorant masses)

2. A terrorist

3. In both Al Qaeda and the Taliban, even if they are from a country that has no known cells of either organization

4. Unclean, dirty and uneducated

5. Full of hate for the western world

Seriously. Cry more.

Who's crying? He asked a question, and I answered. If you don't want to believe that this is what a lot of people think, you must have your eyes closed. I'm constantly bombarded by ignorance from people who have no clue what lies outside their hometown, much less the USA.

Seriously, if you aren't going to post anything but a lame flame, step away from the keyboard.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

There's been a game similar to this that's been out for over ten years. It's called Counter-Strike.

When the "war on terror" began and Americans unanimously decided that anyone from the middle-east is:

2. A terrorist

3. In both Al Qaeda and the Taliban, even if they are from a country that has no known cells of either organization

Seriously. Cry more.

He speaks the truth and I don't see any crying in that post.

Even I've done everything on that list except for number 4. LOL.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

Who's crying? He asked a question, and I answered. If you don't want to believe that this is what a lot of people think, you must have your eyes closed. I'm constantly bombarded by ignorance from people who have no clue what lies outside their hometown, much less the USA.

Seriously, if you aren't going to post anything but a lame flame, step away from the keyboard.

I am not ignorant, just a very bad choice of words.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

2. A terrorist

Humans like to stereotype, usually negatively..the media does not help.

Quick trivia: can you pick out the evil middle easterner?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

I don't think he called you ignorant.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

Wasn't calling you, personally, ignorant, was referring to the majority of Americans. Which, IIRC, you're from Europe aren't you?

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

You didn't answer with an answer. You answered with a point of view. No different than the 3 other pillars you stand next to to support the piles of bullshit people like you think you know in order to justify a reason to bitch about everything.

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

You didn't answer with an answer. You answered with a point of view. No different than the 3 other pillars you stand next to to support the piles of bullshit people like you think you now in order to justify a reason to bitch about everything.

It's not a point of view, it's truth. If you refuse to accept it, that's your decision. Between the media and a lack of reputable information it shouldn't be surprising that no one knows what's really going on.

What pillars? And who was bitching?

Edit: Wait...are you refering to the pillars of Islam? Dude...I'm agnostic. SgtFrog's the one who said he was Muslim...

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

Wasn't calling you, personally, ignorant, was referring to the majority of Americans. Which, IIRC, you're from Europe aren't you?

Yea I am, England to be specific.

But I am of Egyptian origin so all the above stereotype have been applied to me in life lol.

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

But I am of Egyptian origin so all the above stereotype have been applied to me in life lol.

That statement should prove what I was saying.

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

I know, I agreed with your original statement .

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

I know, I agreed with your original statement .

Oh, I didn't mean prove it to you, I meant to Aleos.

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

You didn't answer with an answer. You answered with a point of view. No different than the 3 other pillars you stand next to to support the piles of bullshit people like you think you know in order to justify a reason to bitch about everything.

Skeaser was pretty much correct. I remember 9/11 vividly. For at least a good year after the attacks, the various shopkeepers of Middle Eastern decent in my town all looked like they were waiting for a lynching at any moment. A few were even beaten and killed by pissed off "patriotic" Americans getting "revenge". Many of them, even now, are afraid to even wear their turbans in public. Why? Because everybody and there brother was on a warpath for those "terrorist bastards". Unfortunately, those "terrorist bastards" included Hindus, Sikh, Muslim, Egyptian, or anyone else with "that" look. And a good majority of people here still lump them all together simply because they "look" like a terrorist.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

You guys(Skeazer and Frog. are bumping heads so much it's making me lol.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

2. A terrorist

That tongue just screams Terrorist Cell operator

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• TSameeTSamee Member Posts: 42

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

whoah... if by "pillars", you're referring to Islam, then please keep your thoughts to yourself. I'm not religious myself; I understand the self-perpetuating and eventually self-destructive nature of all religious organisations. But there're people out there, be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, etc., to whom it means a lot. Moderates who don't push it upon others, who don't let their faith interfere with their daily lives.

Now for some clarification: "Taliban" means "students". They aren't a terrorist organisation; they called themselves that when the US, telling them they were fighting for their religion against the Russians, handed them guns to fight someone else's battle in the 80s. The term doesn't apply to just that anymore, because they don't function as an organisation. Al Quaeda is an organisation; it has organised cells of men, with people on a higher level with large-scale plans. The so-called Taliban are actually many separate extemist groups, many of whom have different agendas. If a couple of men in Pakistan decide to hold people in a mosque hostage for reasons that have nothing to do with religion, they're called Taliban. If a group of self-proclaimed religious people, headed by an Oxford graduate with no religious motivations whatsoever do the same thing, they're called Taliban too. Stop marking them all with the same stamp, or just call them terrorists.

TL;DR: "Taliban" encompasses countless different organisations with countless different agendas. Not all have religious motivations, much of it is just about power. Stop bringing religion into it, and stop calling them Taliban.

"Smacking kids doesn't hurt them, kinetic energy does!"- Doctor Tobia

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

Skeaser was pretty much correct. I remember 9/11 vividly. For at least a good year after the attacks, the various shopkeepers of Middle Eastern decent in my town all looked like they were waiting for a lynching at any moment. A few were even beaten and killed by pissed off "patriotic" Americans getting "revenge". Many of them, even now, are afraid to even wear their turbans in public. Why? Because everybody and there brother was on a warpath for those "terrorist bastards". Unfortunately, those "terrorist bastards" included Hindus, Sikh, Muslim, Egyptian, or anyone else with "that" look. And a good majority of people here still lump them all together simply because they "look" like a terrorist.

Even in the UK after the 9/11 attack I was racially attacked by random people on the street..Mostly name calling..Same thing happened after the terrorist attacks in London.

Originally posted by Death1942

2. A terrorist

That tongue just screams Terrorist Cell operator

Very good. Gene Simmons is an Israeli American. His real name is Chaim Witz.

Originally posted by TSamee

2. A terrorist

Seriously. Cry more.

whoah... if by "pillars", you're referring to Islam, then please keep your thoughts to yourself. I'm not religious myself; I understand the self-perpetuating and eventually self-destructive nature of all religious organisations. But there're people out there, be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, etc., to whom it means a lot. Moderates who don't push it upon others, who don't let their faith interfere with their daily lives.

Now for some clarification: "Taliban" means "students". They aren't a terrorist organisation; they called themselves that when the US, telling them they were fighting for their religion against the Russians, handed them guns to fight someone else's battle in the 80s. The term doesn't apply to just that anymore, because they don't function as an organisation. Al Quaeda is an organisation; it has organised cells of men, with people on a higher level with large-scale plans. The so-called Taliban are actually many separate extemist groups, many of whom have different agendas. If a couple of men in Pakistan decide to hold people in a mosque hostage for reasons that have nothing to do with religion, they're called Taliban. If a group of self-proclaimed religious people, headed by an Oxford graduate with no religious motivations whatsoever do the same thing, they're called Taliban too. Stop marking them all with the same stamp, or just call them terrorists.

TL;DR: "Taliban" encompasses countless different organisations with countless different agendas. Not all have religious motivations, much of it is just about power. Stop bringing religion into it, and stop calling them Taliban.

Yes and no. Taliban does, indeed mean student and they operated from 96 - 01 when they were outed. I'm of course talking about the Afghani/Pakistani predominate group. They reformed in 04. They're mostly Pashtun fighting against ISAF, Pakistan and Afghanistan's governments. They are led by Mullah Mohammed Omar.

• TSameeTSamee Member Posts: 42

I'm pleasantly surprised by your knowledge on the subject. I haven't been very clear; I'm just stating that the "official" Taliban, an organised terrorist outfit, isn't what people refer to when they use the name due to the countless splinter groups that have formed. Look at the Lashkar-e-Taiba (suspects in the Mumbai attacks); I don't think they have a link to Mullah Omar, but they're definitely a prominent "Taliban" group that's caused a lot of trouble.

Also, while they do seem to be fighting "against the Pakistani government", keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily translate into the "state" of Pakistan. I don't know about Mullah Omar's Taliban, but it's widely believed (and probably true, given the nature of the organisation) that Pakistan's ISI trained and supplied members of the Lashkar-e-Taiba. Their supplies were also carried on pack mules, and breeding them is, by law, a right exclusive to the army (including the Inter-Services Intelligence), which again points at their involvement.

Frankly, I believe that the so-called War on Terror is being fought on the wrong front. Pakistan's tribal areas a place in which the government has no jurisdiction, an agreement older than Pakistan itself that the tribes initally made with the British. Anyone, government, military or otherwise, is liable to be shot and killed if they venture ten feet away from the road on either side of the Tribal Areas provided they aren't a member of a tribe. So this is a place where no government or military has any official jurisdiction, plus the US and NATO won't put troops on Pakistani soil. If I headed a terrorist organisation this would be the perfect place to set up shop; the US drone attacks on the area are testament to that.

TL;DR: The "War on Terror"'s real front is in Pakistan's Tribal Areas, not in Afghanistan.

"Smacking kids doesn't hurt them, kinetic energy does!"- Doctor Tobia

Originally posted by TSamee

I'm pleasantly surprised by your knowledge on the subject. I haven't been very clear; I'm just stating that the "official" Taliban, an organised terrorist outfit, isn't what people refer to when they use the name due to the countless splinter groups that have formed. Look at the Lashkar-e-Taiba (suspects in the Mumbai attacks); I don't think they have a link to Mullah Omar, but they're definitely a prominent "Taliban" group that's caused a lot of trouble.

Also, while they do seem to be fighting "against the Pakistani government", keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily translate into the "state" of Pakistan. I don't know about Mullah Omar's Taliban, but it's widely believed (and probably true, given the nature of the organisation) that Pakistan's ISI trained and supplied members of the Lashkar-e-Taiba. Their supplies were also carried on pack mules, and breeding them is, by law, a right exclusive to the army (including the Inter-Services Intelligence), which again points at their involvement.

Frankly, I believe that the so-called War on Terror is being fought on the wrong front. Pakistan's tribal areas a place in which the government has no jurisdiction, an agreement older than Pakistan itself that the tribes initally made with the British. Anyone, government, military or otherwise, is liable to be shot and killed if they venture ten feet away from the road on either side of the Tribal Areas provided they aren't a member of a tribe. So this is a place where no government or military has any official jurisdiction, plus the US and NATO won't put troops on Pakistani soil. If I headed a terrorist organisation this would be the perfect place to set up shop; the US drone attacks on the area are testament to that.

TL;DR: The "War on Terror"'s real front is in Pakistan's Tribal Areas, not in Afghanistan.

I could type pages on the subject, but I don't think this is the time or the place so I'll suffice with an "agreed".

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

2. A terrorist

Why do I have a sudden urge to sing We Are The World?

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

Originally posted by Philby

2. A terrorist

Why do I have a sudden urge to sing We Are The World?

We are the world, we are your destruction.

We are the ones who'll make a brighter day via nuclear fusion.

There's a choice we're making, it's to end all your lives.

It's true, it'll be a brighter day; for you, not me.

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

EA pres Frank Gibeau speaks out about the "Taliban" outcry from politicians (i.e. brit defense secretary Liam Fox, no relation to faux news.)

Medal of Honour is set for UK release October 15.

The Taliban's spin from the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan website:

“The topic ‘civilian casualties’ being raised in the world mass media over and over again is a highly sensitive issue of the country’s ongoing crisis which is currently being used as a subjective medium of propaganda by the Western media rather than observance and fulfillment of the human rights. “Despite the fact that that the civilian deaths by the US and its allies’ blind bombardments and fire reached a record high, yet several different official and unofficial organizations in the word are reporting the issue in a partial, one-sided and incorrect way, stunningly exempting the persistent offenders, those who have really been behind the civilian deaths in Afghanistan. Following such biased and subjective press release by other so-called human rights organization of the UN, the United Nation Assistance in Afghanistan released a report on August 10, 2010, blaming the Mujahideen for most of the civilian casualties.”